Everything posted by Dante77
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 4 Single - The Final
Whilst I only like 2 songs in the final top 10 (Fast Car and When Doves Cry), and cannot stand many of the rest, this has been a great competition, which I've really enjoyed. Well done for organising!!
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 4 Single - The Final
Totally agree with Vibe's comments; Fast Car is beyond beautiful - and well deserving of a top 10 place on this list.... LOAP is meh for me, I don't like the genre, but I respect it's longevity.
-
Sweden (Melodifestivalen) · Eurovision Song Contest 2022
It's pleasant but for me, forgettable.... still, am sure it will do well.
-
Is M in trouble?
As far as the recent TikTok goes, I think she was just high. But interesting to see if the biopic is really going as planned - it might be a tough project given her need of being in control of absolutely everything. And that's the point, Madonna is allowed to do whatever she pleases, but this isn't the M of old - she and her team were so careful with her image, so creative with her releases and videos, I guess those days are gone for now. Maybe it's me who's changed; I listened to both Frozen remixes for 30 seconds each and just hated them. I never hate M music. Maybe I miss the old M.
-
Is M in trouble?
I want to put it out there first of all, by saying I'm a huge M fan. I was once the kind that waited outside her hotel on visits, collected, adored and generally, fan-boy'd out on her. And for years. That obsessive adoration all changed when I met her at a private party and then I just because a more regular fan of her music - some normality returned, but M will always be in my blood. Being a fan of M's is sometimes hard, I've always felt the need to defend her, whether it be vocally or whether it be from people just saying she's over. How many times have we heard that? Still, the return of being a fan is huge. I've always been so glad that I poured my fandom love and energy into her and not other pop stars, who were all simply sub-par. She was, and will always be the Queen... However, l remember a time when everything Madonna did, was immense, well thought out, and impactful. And that's the point of my post, something with M doesn't feel right, right now. Her latest Tik Tok on the eve of the Grammys was odd, the Frozen remixes are rushed, and add nothing to the original masterpiece. They're poor in fact. That coupled with the last couple of albums, videos, single releases, pretty much everything, feels lacking. I think for me it all started to feel a little 'undone' with the Eurovision catastrophe. Something doesn't feel right when I see her on social media. And I can't put my finger on it. The bio-pic seems to be drifting, and I think she could genuinely use a change of direction and Manager. 100% a new Manager. It's her life to make her choices, but I'm tired of the grills, the smoking, and the silliness. I'm also tired of the poorly thought-out social media posts. I will defend her for the rest of my days (not that she needs defending), but I just feel, right now, she doesn't seem very happy. That all said, her legacy is unrivaled. Yet, if I could spend 4 mins with her now, I'd tell her that I don't want to see her chasing her youth, and in concert, I don't need her to dance like she used to, all she has to do is sing. Her voice is why I love her, and her music. Ultimately, she is her own worst enemy, and I guess that's why I still love her. What does everyone else think?
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 4 Single - The Final
At best Paparazzi is a pleasant pop song, but for me, not worthy of being in the top 50, let alone top 20 of the ultimate number 4's.... the video saves it for me.
-
Madonna's greatest album track ● RESULTS
Physical Attraction is absolutely magnificent, as somebody has already said.... sublime, and for me, one of her absolute best. p.s there's a cover version of Physical Attraction in an '80s movie, whose name I forget. Just sayin'
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 4 Single - The Final
I love 'Open Your Heart', a USA#1, and I'm so surprised it only got to #4 in the UK (It got a little caught up in the Christmas singles rush) - it's a great pop song, supported by a truly iconic video...
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 4 Single - The Final
Gutted my fav 'Don't Tell Me' is gone - for me, it's by far the best song on the list; it's sublime - the strings are just beautiful. It got a few top marks, but and some really low ones too, which surprised me, it's a genuinely great track.... I wonder if people who gave it 1 point voted because they didn't like Madonna? Puzzles me because it's brilliant.
-
Madonna vs Sickick - Frozen
The only element to the video I like is the images from 1998. Totally unnecessary project, yet more proof that M is slipping into irrelevancy, in a bid to somehow stay relevant. I weep for what could have been, for the legacy that seems to be fading into obscurity, overshadowed by a caricature. Her life, her choices, but as a lifelong fan, it's so disappointing. You guessed it, I don't like this project at all.....
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 4 Single - The Final
+50 Madonna - Don't Tell Me +49 Madonna - Open Your Heart +48 William Orbit – Barber's Adagio for Strings +47 The Ronettes - Be My Baby +46 Aretha Franklin - I Say A Little Prayer +45 Nelly Furtado – All Good Things (Come to an End) +44 Belinda Carlisle - Leave A Light On +43 Coldplay - Yellow +42 Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina - Stereo Love +41 New Order - True Faith +40 Lana Del Rey featuring Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness +39 Radiohead – No Surprises +38 The Beatles - Something / Come Together +37 Elbow - One Day Like This +36 Seal – Kiss from a Rose / I'm Alive +35 Sixpence None The Richer – Kiss Me +34 Garbage - Stupid Girl +33 The Prodigy – No Good (Start the Dance) +32 Utah Saints - Something Good +31 Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday +30 Prince - When Doves Cry +29 Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko – Stay +28 Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music +27 Robbie Williams - Angels +26 Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer +25 Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms +24 Keane - Everybody's Changing +23 Coldplay - Fix You +22 Tears For Fears - Shout +21 Christina Perri – Jar of Hearts +20 Erasure - A Little Respect +19 Robbie Williams - Feel +18 TLC - Waterfalls +17 Tracy Chapman - Fast Car +16 Muse – Supermassive Black Hole +15 U2 - With Or Without You +14 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever +13 Savage Garden – Truly Madly Deeply +12 Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood +11 Janet Jackson - Together Again +10 Katy Perry - Hot n Cold +9 Girls Aloud - Biology +8 Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana +7 Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark +6 Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You +5 Aerosmith – I Don't Want To Miss a Thing +4 U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name +3 Gwen Stefani – What You Waiting For? +2 Taylor Swift - Blank Space +1 Lady Gaga - Paparazzi
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 4 Single - 2nd Semi-Final
Bedtime Story is bloody brilliant and brave - I love it and whilst I don't love the video, I applaud M for always taking chances....
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 4 Single - 2nd Semi-Final
25 Madonna - Don't Tell Me (fav) 24 Madonna - Open Your Heart 23 Seal - Kiss From A Rose / I'm Alive 22 Madonna - Bedtime Story 21 Waterfalls 20 Dannii Minogue - All I Wanna Do 19 Nelly Furtado - All Good Things (Come To An End) 18 Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't It Be Good 17 Swing Out Sister - Breakout 16 The Ronettes - Be My Baby 15 Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me 14 Belinda Carlisle - Leave A Light On 13 Coldplay - Yellow 12 Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music 11 The Emotions - Best Of My Love 10 Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone 9 Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply 8 Utah Saints - Something Good 7 Tori Amos - Cornflake Girl 6 Pet Shop Boys - Left To My Own Devices 5 Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark 4 Silk City and Dua Lipa - Electricity 3 Garbage - Stupid Girl 2 U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name 1 Tears For Fears - Shout
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 4 Single - 1st Semi-Final
25 Madonna - Causing a Commotion 24 Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar 23 Madonna - Gambler 22 T'Pau - Heart And Soul 21 The Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive 20 Nelly Furtado - Turn Off The Light 19 ABC - The Look Of Love 18 New Order - True Faith 17 Kelly Rowland - Work 16 Belinda Carlisle - Circle In The Sand 15 Prince - When Doves Cry 14 Aretha Franklin - I Say A Little Prayer 13 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever 12 Tracy Chapman - Fast Car 11 Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday 10 Elbow - One Day Like This 9 William Orbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings 8 Hellogoodbye - Here (In Your Arms) 7 Wham! - Club Tropicana 6 Coldplay - Fix You 5 The Beatles - Something / Come Together 4 Jennifer Lopez - If You Had My Love 3 Lana Del Rey featuring Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness 2 Avicii - Levels 1 Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 4 Single - 1st Round
30 Madonna – Don't Tell Me 29 Shirley Bassey - Something 28 Yvonne Elliman - If I Can't Have You 27 Sister Sledge - Lost In Music (remix) 26 Madonna - Gambler 25 Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar 24 Madonna – Bedtime Story 23 Madonna - Open Your Heart 22 The Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive 21 T'Pau - Heart And Soul 20 Nelly Furtado – All Good Things (Come to an End 19 Elton John - Song For Guy 18 Prince - When Doves Cry 17 Dannii Minogue – All I Wanna Do 16 Five Star - The Slightest Touch 15 Madonna - Causing A Commotion 14 Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby 13 Modern Talking - Brother Louie 12 Kool and The Gang - Cherish 11 Seal – Kiss from a Rose / I'm Alive 10 Swingout Sister - Breakout 9 Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love 8 Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't It Be Good 7 Randy Crawford - Almaz 6 Belinda Carlisle - Circle In The Sand 5 Inner City - Good Life 4 TLC – Waterfalls 3 George Michael – Too Funky 2 Athlete - Wires 1 Goldfrapp – Ooh La La
-
Madonna's greatest album track ● Hard Candy
1 +5 Beat Goes On (feat. Kanye West) 2 +4 Heartbeat 3 +3 Devil Wouldn't Recognize You 4 +2 Voices 5 +1 Dance 2Night
-
Madonna's greatest album track ● Rebel Heart
1. +5 Heartbreak City 2. +4 Devil Pray 3. +3 Holy Water 4. +2 Joan of Arc 5. +1 Best Night
-
Is AIWFCIY the most famous song ever?
No.... and AIWFCIY is not even the most famous Christmas song - it may have been for a time that, but fashions come and go - and it's popularity seems to be waning a little now. For years the worlds best selling single was 'White Christmas', so that was probably the most famous Christmas song for many years - and for me, Last Christmas is starting to take that mantle. So it's a big no from me.
-
Madonna's greatest album track ● Evita
1 Rainbow High 2 A New Argentina 3 Buenos Aires 4 I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You 5 Waltz For Evita And Che
-
Madonna's greatest album track ● I'm Breathless
God I buggery love this album.......but where is Sooner or Later in the list?!!!! 1. Sooner Or Later 2. He's A Man 3. Back In Business 4. More 5. Now I'm Following You
-
Madonna at the BBC
Please not the pink wig again.....Happy to see 'You'll See' again though; the performance is ok but she looked great. And please don't show anything from Eurovision!!!!!!!!
-
Madonna's greatest album track ● Bedtime Stories
1 Sanctuary 2 Love Tried To Welcome Me 3 Inside Of Me 4 Forbidden Love 5 Don't Stop 6 I'd Rather Be Your Lover 7 Survival Some great album tracks and some filler. I used to love 'Don't Stop' but that, Survival and IRBYL sound really dated now. Bedtime Stories was the first M album that I didn't totally love...
-
ABBA • The Singles Rate
7 Waterloo 4 Honey Honey 3 Ring, Ring 2 I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do 8 SOS 9 Mamma Mia 10 Fernando 10 Dancing Queen 7 Money, Money, Money 10 Knowing Me Knowing You 10 The Name of the Game 10 Take A Chance on Me 11 Summer Night City 08 Chiquitita 06 Does Your Mother Know 07 Voulez-Vous 07 Angeleyes 07 Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) 06 I Have A Dream 10 The Winner Takes It All 05 On and On and On 07 Super Trouper 07 Lay All Your Love On Me 07 One of Us 05 When All Is Said and Done 05 Head Over Heels 09 The Visitors 07 The Day Before You Came 06 Under Attack 06 Thank You For The Music 01 I Still Have Faith In You 09 Don't Shut Me Down 02 Just A Notion
-
Madonna's greatest album track ● Erotica
1. Waiting - this is my all-time fav Madonna track 2. Where Life Begins 3. In This Life 4. Why It's So Hard 5. Thief of Hearts 6. Secret Garden 7. Did You Do It 8. Words All these tracks are just brilliant. Erotica is my absolute fav Madonna album ever.
-
Madonna's greatest album track ● Like A Prayer
1. Spanish Eyes - this track is perfection. The best track on the album for me. 2. Till Death Do Us Part - lyrically, this is sublime. 3. Love Song 4. Promise To Try 5. Act Of Contrition