Everything posted by Dante77
-
Madonna's greatest album track ● Madonna
Bugger. I love all of these tracks more than I love 95% of her singles.... all 10s 1. Physical Attraction 2 Think Of Me 3 I Know It
-
Madonna's greatest album track ● True Blue
1. Where's The Party 2 Jimmy Jimmy 3 Love Makes The World Go Round 4 White Heat The album tracks on TB are fun but none better than the singles chosen.
-
Madonna's greatest album track ● Like A Virgin
This is nearly impossible for me as all these album tracks are some of my all-time fav M tracks - all are 10s for me. 1. Shoo-Bee-Doo 2. Stay - but I love even more the original Stay '81, from Shep Pettibone's Pre-Madonna album 3. Over And Over 4. Pretender 5. Love Don''t Live Here Anymore
-
The Official All-Time Female Artists Album Chart
It feels odd that True Blue isn't on this list; and I have so little faith in BPI's calculations, recalculations, recalibration of rules and so on......
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
I've loved this whole post, so thank you to whoever organised it. So so happy that Like A Prayer didn't win (after the Eurovision disaster, I don't think I want to ever hear it again), and whilst some brilliant tracks should have been much higher (and some much lower), I'm happy that Vogue won. A great top 2.
-
Madonna is UK's second most played female of 21st century
And that is why Madonna is the Queen of Pop nearly 40 years on..... I wonder how close the numbers were between 1 & 2. Was Madonna the most played Female Artist of the 80's and '90's ?
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
Papa Don't Preach on every level is iconic, the song, the vocal, and the video. Just Madonna at such a creative high. I love Power of Goodbye too, it's a masterpiece and is achingly beautiful.. I got to see her sing that at the VMA Fashion Awards from the second row, in '98 and that was a real highlight for me... I don't like 'Sorry' and I never listen to it.
-
New Adele single
I don't think I want to live in a world so dominated by Adele and Ed. It all feels so bloody beige and depressingly calculated and mundane. The '80s and '90s had Phil Collins, Westlife, Michael Bolton, and Celine Dion, all equally beige, but I don't think they were as chart dominant as this. In their eras, there was more variety from other quarters. Bah humbug is what I say.....
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
Love 'Into The Groove' - her biggest selling UK single and, despite being 36 years old, it's still perfect! Crazy that this wasn't even properly released in the US; just perfection.
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
What a shame!!!! La Is Bonita should be top 5 - how can a track like Sorry be higher than this all-time Madonna classic - I love this track, it's beyond perfect... La Isla Bonita is a 11/10 and Sorry is just a 3/10 for me.
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
It's Madonna's quote about her own song and its subsequent legacy, thereforce it's relevant.
-
US Hot 100 – 09/18/2021
What a rubbish week for the Hot 100... I don't I'll ever follow it again. Sure, it's got people talking, but not for the right reasons; chart positions are meaningless now, as are most new chart records. People will simply stop caring, especially as chart achievements are now so devalued.
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
I really appreciate Express Yourself as a true empowering Madonna anthem, but I don't love it, just like it a lot (especially live.
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
Get Together is bloody brilliant, and would be in my Top 10 every time. I can never decide which is my fav track from Confessions, either Jump or Get Together. Loved this track from the first time I heard it and have never grown tired of it. Just perfect.
-
Is Madonna the 'Queen of Pop'?
The much-criticized Rolling Stone article you quote, only looked at 2009-11 (such a narrow window) to come up with the new Queen of Pop. There was a massive uproar over it; and it's only taking the temperature for 2 years when M didn't release anything new and wasn't active. If they did it for the years 2019-2021 it's likely Dua Lipa would be the new Queen of Pop. The article you mention is flawed, I'd like to see it done over a decade, which is more representative. In response to that article, Rolling Stone asked the public, and Madonna was overwhelmingly voted the Queen of Pop - getting 5 times more votes than gaga. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-li...-madonna-58257/ I'm not replying again, I'm not interested in debating this because Madonna was and still is the Queen of Pop. I've already detailed why - Biggest-selling female artist of all time, biggest solo touring artist, and on and on... (I'd be happy to entertain the idea of either Beyonce or Rhianna as the 21st Century Queen of Pop) - but not Gaga, she doesn't even come close to those. People can keep banging the Gaga drum as much as they like - much like the declaration that Kylie or Janet is the Queen of Pop - it doesn't make it a fact. Gaga as mentioned before by others, is for me, a Streisand-like artist, and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't like Gaga's voice nor Streisands, but they've both done some decent music, but they both bore me and that's why I'm in the Madonna forum and not the Gaga one. Once again, this is a Madonna forum, not a place to keep banging on about Gaga or indeed anyone else. That's what their forums are for.
-
Is Madonna the 'Queen of Pop'?
And again..... Can I remind people (especially one obvious troll), that this is a Madonna forum - and whilst being a superfan of other artists is commendable, the facts don't lie, however much you want them to!!!! Here's a little poll for you from 2011 when Gaga was hot-ish, and M not so much. Madonna got 5 times as many votes as Gaga. Gaga as The Queen of Pop?!!!! It's never going to happen, love, despite you wanting it to be so. You bet on the wrong horse, Gaga will never be the Queen of Pop. Ever. She's bloody talented though (I don't care for her voice), but her songs aren't so bad. Enjoy them, be happy and enjoy Gaga's success, she's great, just not Madonna-great..... https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-li...2/8-cher-77300/
-
Is Madonna the 'Queen of Pop'?
Madonna was being referred to as the Queen of Pop by Rolling Stone from the mid-'80's - that's really early on in her career as a superstar, and so time isn't just a factor, it's about huge global domination - from 1985-91, Madonna was everywhere, kids at school had her posters up, wore badges, huge crowds waited outside her hotel and she was arguably the most famous woman on the planet (bar Diana), and was on every magazine cover after cover, sold out huge worldwide tours and her chart achievements in a pre-download era were unrivaled. Her global reach, her dominance, and her influence and cultural impact are why she was and still is the Queen of Pop. No other female has since achieved that. Some have had great sales, but who has had the huge world tours (biggest solo touring artist of all time) - it's Madonna. Not anyone else. Who's the biggest selling female artist of all time... Madonna. Can I remind people (especially one obvious troll), that this is a Madonna forum - and whilst being a superfan of other artists is commendable, the facts don't lie, however much you want them to!!!!
-
Is Madonna the 'Queen of Pop'?
Madonna was the Queen of Pop and for me, she will always be... Gaga in 2008-10 had the potential to be, and then the wheels fell off and Artpop happened and then I realised that she would never be more than just a pale pastiche of our true Queen of Pop. To be the Queen of Pop you need to sustain global domination for many years, have huge originality, have a huge run of hit singles (and not just an initial splash), have run after run of huge world tours, become a global phenomenon, and stay that way. Culturally, Madonna has made the hugest impact and is still doing that (although perhaps not for all the right reasons these days). There are successors out there, but high sales don't make a Queen of Pop; take note Ariana and Dua - it has to be something else. I think the only one who has come close, is Rhianna, certainly not Gaga. For me, she wouldn't even be a Princess of Pop!!! :-) As for Beyonce, I'm not a fan, but culturally she's def up there - but there's never been Beyonce Mania like there was for Madonna. I think the 'mania' is also key in those early years in establishing a reign. By the way, I also don't think Gaga is even in the Top 10 of the World's greatest selling female artists of all time! https://www.telltalesonline.com/43429/best-...female-artists/
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
Live To Tell is an absolute 10 for me... (God, I'm hoping I gave it a 10 now having said that)!!!!
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
Jump will always be in my top 10, should be higher... Please don't let Like A Prayer be #1 - I'm hoping for a surprise!!!!
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
Justify My Love is one of her very best.... just everything for me. Rain, I want to like it (love the video), but it somehow never quite hits the mark for me.....
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
I really don't care for Beautiful Stranger, it's way too high on this list! Material Girl is an iconic M song, but again, I never listen to it, and I don't have any love for it.... Bah humbug!
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
Huge love from me for both Dress You Up and even more for, Drowned World.... I'd of been happy if DW was in the Top 10 - an unconventional choice of single, and I love it all the more because of that. Sublime.
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
Gutted to see Holiday gone already; it's almost 40 year's old and will forever be an M classic and although I don't listen to it so much anymore, it's still one of her greatest pop moments, and as already mentioned, a top 10 on 3 different occasions (when that actually meant something), and I remember as a little boy wondering that M was at #1 with Into The Groove and #2 with Holiday, again when that actually meant something, and was a huge achievement, signalling Madonna mania in the UK. Secret and Celebration should have been much much lower.
-
Madonna ● SINGLES RATE RESULTS
Nooo. Such good tracks. I remember being underwhelmed when Erotica single came out; and now I love it - it's brave, dark, and strangely timeless. Erotica - the album is my favorite M album and so this song still gets played, but the best version of it for me, is from Confessions - Erotica, You Thrill Me is a high, and my most played version of this song. Love. A lot of love for True Blue too, it's a perfect pop song and I love Rescue Me. I fear that tracks that I don't rate so highly like non-fan-favorite 'Like A Prayer' will end up doing well in this poll, while the brilliant gems like Rescue Me have fallen too early. Rescue Me is sublime, just perfect - and the vocal is everything.