Everything posted by Y'all Starlight
-
Buzzjack Reshuffle Chart #788
+05 Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! +04 Billie Eilish - BIRDS OF A FEATHER +03 JADE - Angel Of My Dreams +02 Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us +01 Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso -01 Eminem - Houdini -02 Sabrina Carpenter - Please Please Please -03 Jimin - Who -04 Dasha - Austin -05 Myles Smith - Stargazing
-
2024 United States Presidential Election Thread
One of the most promising signs that I've seen is a set of polls taken in New Hampshire. The first was taken back at the end of last month after that debate and it indicated a Trump lead of 2% - a new poll came in with about the same amount of participants (over 2000) and Kamala is leading by 6%. I know that New Hampshire is typically a Democratic leaning state but isn't this a good indicator to the whole country's reaction to her candidacy? On another promising note, some Pennsylvanian polls have come in showing Kamala leading but it is very slight lead. I do think she will eventually be able to have a comfortable lead there without the assistance of Shapiro tbh. Mark Kelly definitely seems like the right choice now for VP considering Josh Shapiro's stance on Palestine that Kamala hopefully disagrees with (he apparently compared Pro-Palestine protesters to the KKK eep).
-
Collaboration: 🏹Assignment & Confirmations🏹
I'm pretty happy with my pairing! I will try my best to conjure up a hit, hopefully x
-
Club Bizarre Vol. 28 | Rap meets Dance - Voting
Thanks for assembling that Dan!
-
Club Bizarre Vol. 28 | Rap meets Dance - Voting
Welcome to the next stage of Club Bizarre XXVIII:' Rap meets Dance'. There are 24 entries to listen to that showcase all parts of the spectrum for the theme. I hope y'all have fun and enjoy listening to these entries and you may now start voting :cheer: Entries: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. Mandoza - Nkalakatha 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. To vote, use the Eurovision system (12//10//8//7//6//5//4//3//2//1), and send your votes via PM to me (Y'all Starlight). Non-participants can also vote in the same manner! Vote here Please refrain from revealing what you have sent - the unmasking will occur during the results show. Playlists: YouTube: " data-tag="youtube" data-tagfull=" "> Spotify: Deadline: Thursday 8th August 23:59 BST Voter List: Addy! All★bySmashMouth Ansel awardinary Brer Cody Buckley CowTzy danG Dobbo Doctor Blind gooddelta Iz Jade jimwatts k👠th King Rollo lewistgreen Leww uhsting WhoOdyssey Y'all Starlight
-
Club Bizarre Vol. 28 | Rap meets Dance
I think it'll be ok but be incredibly quick please!
-
Club Bizarre Vol. 28 | Rap meets Dance
We've got some vetoes to sort out and as soon as they've been resolved I'll get the voting thread up!
-
Drake vs Kendrick and the various diss tracks
That music video :heart: It couldn't be any better! That new snippet does indeed sound promising, hopefully he might ride the wave of his success right now and drop an album soon! 'Keep a horn on me that Kamasi' :cheeseblock: Sax god Kamasi Washington getting a shoutout by Kendrick wasn't expected but is greatly appreciated x
-
Club Bizarre Vol. 28 | Rap meets Dance
CONFIRMATIONS ARE CLOSED Thanks to the 24 participants that entered :cheer:
-
Mercury Prize 2024
'BRAT' to win please :cheeseblock: I've heard 'Silence Is Loud', 'Lives Outgrown', 'Prelude To Ecstacy' and 'This Could Be Texas' and they're all great albums! Additionally I've heard a small amount of 'On Purpose, With Purpose' and it sounded really promising. Will have to give this list a listen!
-
Club Bizarre Vol. 28 | Rap meets Dance
If anyone want to enter at the last minute then you have until 12:30 PM BST x
-
Nate's Top 40 (19/7/24) #41
Hi Jade! Looking back, I'm still a little shocked that 'Good Luck, Babe!' wasn't instant for me. I truly adore the song now :heart: I listened to to salute's new album and it was terrific! One of the essential dance albums from this year for me :wub: Agreed that 'saving flowers' and 'lift off!' are the best two songs from it! I'm a cat person as well but this past tweleve months have really been sonically dominated by dogs for me :lol: Whether that is Fat Dog, Dog Race or tracks from Drake's 'For All The Dogs'. We need some more cat-stanning acts ASAP. It was great to see 'Sympathy is a knife' become a chart hit for Charli, probably the largest grower from 'BRAT' for me! Hi James! It did fall quite quickly from #1 indeed oop. But 'Lithonia' is very strong competition so..... 'BRAT' has been so successful for Charli and I'm over the moon :heart: Charli is now a critical darling, an icon and a commercial Queen. Better than being an EGOT tbh. It has been a little surprising to see 'Apple' of all the songs from 'BRAT' going viral but it is 100% deserved. It's unbelievably catchy x. Interesting that 'HOT TO GO' is your least fave of the charters, I did find it a little annoying at first but now I'm fully on board! Hopefully 'Joyride' is a grower for you :( Hi Dan! Honestly, I don't think I had ever heard a Salute song before 'Saving Flowers' but that song has definitely hooked me on their style! 'life off!' is fab. Indeed, Fat Dog hath SERVED again! Hi Sergej! Quavo and Lana has surprisingly excellent chemistry on 'Tough' :D 'Satellite Business 2.0' and 'In The Night' are divine offerings from their respective artists :wub: Hi Jack! Abeltesfayetonian alumni Dog Race have SERVED again :cheeseblock:
-
/// SEMI FINAL RESULTS ● 166
The results for Semi one couldn't be much better :heart: All of the nations that I voted for qualified :cheer: A shame that Pestolia, Sandénia, Conoria, Aelandor, Harmonica and Herbilore couldn't make it :( They were all pretty close to getting votes from us x 11th | Pestolia 12th | Sandénia 13th | Conoria 16th | Aelandor 17th | Harmonia 18th | Herbilore 22nd | Hushkanukia 28th | Numayania
-
Club Bizarre Vol. 28 | Rap meets Dance
Final Reminder below x ONLY TWO HOURS REMAINING TO ENTER
-
/// SEMI FINAL RESULTS ● 166
Fljótavík, Cumulonimbia, Neliönoir, Zanmatony, Scotland 2 & Bøtanikkä are all fantastic qualifiers :wub:
-
/// SEMI FINAL RESULTS ● 166
I'm incredibly glad East Rukahavian and Jadakissnia made it through considering a few DNQ predictions for them :cheer:
-
/// SEMI FINAL RESULTS ● 166
Ooh, YES at République d'Áskorza and Kathaldazia qualifying!
-
/// SEMI FINAL RESULTS ● 166
Thank you all :heart: I think that's by far the quickest time that I've received my result in the semis! I typically discover if I've qualified right at the end of the results :lol: Yay at FARC qualifying :cheer:
-
/// SEMI FINAL RESULTS ● 166
Hoping to continue my qualification streak but not sure I will actually! There are some essentials in semi 1 that must get through I beg
-
Club Bizarre Vol. 28 | Rap meets Dance
They are! If anyone gets vetoed, I'll give those affected some extra time to reconfirm x We're up to 19 entries now with nearly six hours left to enter!
-
Club Bizarre Vol. 28 | Rap meets Dance
It's the final day to enter! Confirmations shut at 23:59 BST tonight but realistically I'll accept late entries until noon tomorrow perhaps.
-
The UK #3 singles listening sessions
Albums: Charli xcx - Girl so confusing (with Lorde pls) Twenty One Pilots - Overcompensate
-
Club Bizarre Vol. 28 | Rap meets Dance
Just over 24 hours now! We're up to 15 entries so far...
-
The Weeknd - Hurry Up Tomorrow
NEW MUSIC TEASED :cheeseblock: @1815800920644702544 :o It's called 'Hold Your Heart' and it sounds like a freaking masterpiece :heart: It's so atmospheric :wub: I'm hearing strong rumours of this getting dropped on Friday!
-
Pendulum & Joey Valence & Brae - Napalm
ooh, this should be fantastic!