Everything posted by Y'all Starlight
-
Bré Forté again.. (+ ten) / 04 / 04/02/24
Hi Bré! I must give Glass Beach a listen one of these days (I don't think I've ever heard one of their songs), I've especially seen a lot of hype online about their latest album so I guess I'll start there! Great to see 'redrum' back on the rise, potentially my fav song by 21 Savage now (maybe not as good as 'A Lot' or 'Runnin' but is his certainly his best solo song for me). 'King Of The Slugs', 'The Increible Ibex', 'X-Periencia' and 'Pussy Power' were some of my fav BJSC entries so great to see them debut! 'Slumlord' entering :cheeseblock: Alan Palomo's latest LP was decent but Neon Indian were great during the late 00s to 2010s, we need them back during these challenging times :heart: I need to also listen to The Smile's latest album (even though I probably have already heard half of the songs lol), I see that it's very much Fantano approved so I'm expecting good things. 'HISS' is a killer diss track which even seems to have impressed some of the more sane Barbz oop. The new Bicep track is also a bop, looking forward to see what else the CHROMA project will bring!
-
Noah Kahan - Stick Season
Wow, just got back from seeing him live yesterday! As expected, he is a fantastic musician and vocalist (his band were also great btw). Oddly enough, the lyrics really hit home during the concert as well, I hadn't really appreciated them until that point oop. I think we'll be seeing Noah have a lot of success for many years to come, he's already got SUCH a devoted fanbase who absolutely love him and his music. Due to this, I felt kinda embarrassed at times to not know all the lyrics to some of his songs :lol: (even quite a large portion of the crowd knew 'Pain Is Like Cold Water' word-for-word, that song hasn't even been released yet :o). He is also really good at interacting with audience, he certainly got a few laughs out of me! I also was blessed with the opportunity of meeting him at a signing in Kingston *_* I really felt quite bad for Noah when I met him, he looked really uncomfortable and nervous while having the social interactions (he also implied that he didn't like doing things like signings by saying "everything in the music industry apart from shows are bullsh*t" at his show lol). I'm really still struggling to process the fact that I met him! I think we'll be seeing a lot of Noah in the coming years...
-
The Vinyl Thread
I haven't got 'Parklife' on vinyl yet so maybe I'll finally get it now! The 'Cracker Island' deluxe was also decent so maybe I'll get that, I'm going full Albarn this year :lol: The 1975 & Lil Uzi Vert ones could be great as well Unsurprising that 'Re: This Is Why' is here but that is a must-buy for me (same for The Weeknd's 'Live At Sofi Stadium).
-
1999 WRITE THE FUTURE - hella (˃̣̣̥╭╮˂̣̣̥) ✧ ♡ ‧º·˚
I've really enjoyed the releases thus far in their career! Agreed that 'rUN tHE FaDE' is a banger ('SLOPES' also pops off!)
-
Lil Yachty & James Blake - Bad Cameo
OMG James is usually as an artist for me and Yachty has been coming out with some great material recently Hype!!!!!
-
BJSC New Country Registration Thread
Greetings from Abeltesfayeton :cheer:
-
Unknown Pleasures XXXIII → Voting
Would much prefer next week as well!
-
Beyoncé - COWBOY CARTER
I much prefer '16 CARRIAGES' to 'TEXAS HOLD 'EM'. 16 CARRIAGES is one of Bey's best written works in quite a while (probably since 'Lemonade')
-
Nate's Top 40 (9/2/24): Week #19
Hi Sergej! 'One Night/All Night' was a fantastic comeback from Justice and collaborating with Tame Impala was also a smart move for generating even more interest in their comeback imo! Hi Jade! I hear that The Weeknd has been working with Justice so as I massive stan of his, I would go crazy for this collab! This Everything Everything era certainly has made me pay much more attention to them, I didn't really listen to their music pre-'Cold Reactor' but I did dig through their catalogue a bit and the majority is excellent as expected! The production of ¿Cómo Así?' really complements Kali as a vocalist and I would love to see her making more house influenced songs in the future! Fat Dog remain an anomaly in the music industry, 100% of their commercially released songs are bangers :kink: Hi Jack! Yes, what a great follow-up to 'King Of The Slugs' :heart:
-
Club Bizarre Vol.26: Piano // The Results
oop at me coming last in the average points leaderboard
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion
Massive Kanye effect: #2 CARNIVAL #6 BACK TO ME #7 BURN #8 STARS #11 F*K SUMN #12 PAID #15 TALKING #16 KEYS TO MY LIFE #19 DO IT #22 PAPERWORK #23 HOODRAT #28 VULTURES #30 BEG FORGIVENESS #35 PROBLEMATIC #37 GOOD (DON'T DIE) #47 KING
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion
No update yet but Kanye has surpassed Taylor on top artists UK and Ty Dolla $ign is at #3 in front of Drake, Noah Kahan & The Weeknd
-
Beyoncé - COWBOY CARTER
Oh wow! Was not expecting Mitski, Beyonce and potentially Lana to all release country influenced material in a year! Anyway, I'll give this a listen...
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Thanks Conor! I'm sure that he'll do more in the future for his next album, hopefully you can find time to go to one of those!
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion
The song is actually on the album, but it's titled as just 'TALKING' rather than 'Talking/Once Again'.
-
Club Bizarre Vol.26: Piano // The Results
Thanks to everyone who voted for my entry since I last posted! Fantastic to see that my top 2 are the current top 2, please let it stay that way!!!
-
Club Bizarre Vol.26: Piano // The Results
Thanks for the points Addy & Wardy!
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Great graphics! I can certainly see Noah being one of the main contenders for the #1 album this week (he is doing a few signings (I'm going to one, hype!), there is a new version of the album, another vinyl varient has been released this week and he is starting his tour this week as well!)
-
Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign - Vultures 1
I hadn't actually seen what he said about Taylor but agreed that isn't that bad at all in comparison to some of the very angry reactions provoked by that line on twitter (although Kanye should really get over Taylor at this point)
-
Little Simz - Drop 7
The brilliant Little Simz has returned with the latest instalment in her 'Drop' EP series! 4M4XOfXusuo
-
Club Bizarre Vol.26: Piano // The Results
I took the theme very seriously, even sending a song with 'piano' in the title :lol: Thanks for the silver Ansel and the other generous amount of points Whoddy!
-
Nate's Top 40 (9/2/24): Week #19
Hi James! Sorry to hear that you don't really like 'The End Of The Contender' :( I'm sure there will be more songs on the album that you enjoy though! Just under a month until 'Eternal Sunshine' :cheer: Agreed that Megan's upcoming album is something to look forward to, I think it could be her most commercially successful to date as well!
-
Club Bizarre Vol.26: Piano // The Results
Looking forward to finishing at the bottom !!!
-
Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign - Vultures 1
So... This album has in fact was released yesterday but not on Spotify yet (meaning that the album will probs chart quite low if it doesn't get released there). I haven't listened to the full thing yet but the songs I have heard are sounding way better than I thought they would ('Vultures' set the bar below ground level oop and is just a terrible song in general). It seems like Kanye has mentioned Taylor Swift (not in a good way) again on this album which is just really disappointing yet unexpected. 'Talking' which features Kanye's daughter North and some vocals from James Blake, was released on Thursday. It actually sounds pretty good (probably because Kanye barely says anything on the song). Tqlw87XV4kU Edit: It has just been uploaded to Spotify just minutes after making this post
-
SUBMISSIONS: Albums Multichart #415
01. 21 Savage - American Dream 02. Noah Kahan - Stick Season (Forever) 03. Kali Uchis - Orquídeas 04. Travis Scott - UTOPIA 05. Lyrical Lemonade - All Is Yellow 06. Sam Quealy - Blonde Venus 07. Neon Indian - VEGA INTL. Night School 08. SZA - SOS 09. Kid Cudi - INSANO 10. boygenius - the record