Everything posted by Popchartfreak
-
PopMaster & Ten To The Top II
ah thanks for the info, no wonder I didnt chart it then! I'm totally against cruelty to animals, all of 'em, what with being a veggie animal-lover and all... 🙂
-
Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
Yes there were at least 5 different performances of it, 4 of them still survive👍
-
RESULTS: EDITION 14: The Best Song Contest in the World... Ever! ~ Singer Songwriter
😄 Talking of forgetting stuff, I forgot I'd heard The Lion on that album - yes I bought One World on CD chocka with great World Music tracks, holding it in my hands right this moment, and with some of my past BJSC entries in Mory Kante (Ye Ke Ye Ke), Bally Sagoo (a different track, this one is hit Dil Cheez), and 3 I got beaten to in Ofra Haza, Monsoon, Ryuichi Sakamoto. There's still Deep Forest, Hugh Masekela, Sacred Spirit, Incantation, Gypsy Kings as future options though.... 🙂
- RESULTS: EDITION 14: The Best Song Contest in the World... Ever! ~ Singer Songwriter
-
Julian rates every Top 40 hit: the 1980s edition
The Riddle is Nik at his best along with Wouldnt It Be Good, and sounding pretty different from anything around at the time 9/10. Blasphemous Rumours is all about the lyrics, though the music/arrangement was more suited to it than of an equal for me 8/10. I'm So Excited very much came over as third-single-off-an-album in 1984, being nowhere near as good as Automatic nor Jump, but movie slots have ensured its longevity even though I got sick of hearing it decades ago 7/10. This Is Mine was decent, though Ive not heard it in forever, 7/10 is my recall. Wild Boys was my new fave Duran single, even better than The Reflex, Chic-tastic, dramatic, and the Mad Max video with Simon Le Bon getting dunked on a waterwheel, what's not to love? Simon was starting to win me over as a good singer in 1984 10/10. Berserker was Gary Numan as niche artist, he had one more pop hit in him, but pretty much he didnt get much radio play and his records were bought by the fanbase 6/10. Sexcrime sounded delightfully state-of-the-art and experimental at the time, a big fave, but I dont love it quite as much as I did then as the song isnt as strong as most previous hits 9/10. Matt Bianco does coffee-table 60's easy-listening jazz for the 80's and it was quite nice, though lead singer Basia would go solo before too long. 6/10. Jim Diamond's hit got on my nerves after a few weeks with the I-I-I-I's, and not a patch on pHD but its much better than his next hit 6/10. Louise was sweet, and I'm still fond of it and the Hysteria album, for not repeating Dare. 8/10. Let It All Blow was a great production-dance track for the clubs 7/10. Aces High I approve of the theme of the song, but it's Iron Maiden 4/10. Hard Habit To Break, and it might seem hard to believe, was one of Chicago's better ballads. Pretty much all of their 2-decades-long US ballad monsters were not UK hits for a very good reason. This is good in comparison! 6/10. Alvin does Mike Batt, song and production, and yes it's very late 70's but it's a good tune singalong bit of fluff 7/10. Aimed at older pop fans in their 30's and 40's on the whole. Mike's Rainmaker at the end of the long hot dry summer of 76 came out as Wellington Womble and flopped, but Mike shoulda hadda hit with it, it's better than Alvin's record. I just heard that for the first time in 50 years! All Join Hands is a christmas singalong a la My Oh My, and Slade still held my affection - I'd rather hear it at Xmas than THAT one. 7/10. The Temptations' last hurrah without Hall & Oates or Bruce Willis assistance, and not many of the originals left on board, was very much not Motown soul-funk, more 80's plastic dance-soul but that harmony bit was nice. 7/10.
-
RESULTS: EDITION 14: The Best Song Contest in the World... Ever! ~ Singer Songwriter
sorry I missed the live announcements, thought it was tonight oops! Thanks for the hosting dandy, very exciting and a great contest and top 3 thoroughly deserved the medals, well done Jim, condolences Spiceboy, and thanks to everyone bunging Kate some points especially her two maximum pointers 🥰I hope she's inspired to do another comedy show theme - my choice, Stuart Fails To Save The Universe, please Kate. Thanks!
-
RESULTS: EDITION 14: The Best Song Contest in the World... Ever! ~ Singer Songwriter
I bought an Iris Dement album after seeing a video for Our Town on MTV Country in the early 90's, and I rather like her so disappointing she's struggling for votes. The album was good and Our Town is still very good. As Severin mentions, I hope everyone realised Kate's track is a comedy piss-take of Hollywood gifted to Comic Strip Presents....I thought it would make a change from what I was expecting to be a lot of down-beat entries 🙂
-
RESULTS: EDITION 14: The Best Song Contest in the World... Ever! ~ Singer Songwriter
Well speaking for myself, I'm relieved to find its not just me who forgets whats been sent in before! Now I don't feel so alone....😄 Great to see melanie doing so well as I catch up. I had this track on a CD various artists compilation from the 80's but only really took note of it in 2020. She has loads of great tracks from the early 70's, and her big hit is not typical. The Leonard Cohen track I first got into via a Jennifer Warnes 80's cover of it which was the first time I'd really noticed Leonard Cohen, but a lot of friends are big fans.
- RESULTS: EDITION 14: The Best Song Contest in the World... Ever! ~ Singer Songwriter
-
Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
David Essex was always quirkily British, oddly, aside from the stark Rock On, and his singles were pretty diverse - I still rate the epic City Lights which wasnt a big hit - but this is David at his most joyful and playful "I don't think so!" on TOTP with Wings filling in for that bit. He looks to have outsold every other record from late 1974 bar maybe a Xmas one! Talking of playful, Dr Hook often had their tongue firmly in their cheek, and this one may or may not fall into that category - I always thought it did. Way better than the cover! At least they grabbed a later number one in compensation for getting blocked at 2 for 5 weeks. The Police were huge in late '79, I will repeat my anecdote of 3rd year Uni digs, my mate Pete and I back from touring South-West Coast USA with other friends, and my mate Paul also in the same ground floor row of rooms at Lincoln. We all bought this single, and tested the accuracy of the 45 rpm's on our record decks by starting the single in unison with a loud countdown doors open. They didn't end in unison and drifted off into a right old racket for the upstairs students pretty quickly. Always nice to share ones' music tastes at volume, I think. Conclusion: not all record players are set properly. The record is great of course, and I had already bought Can't Stand Losing You and Roxanne.
-
PopMaster & Ten To The Top II
Thanks Tylky and well done Jade and Rollo on the Friday 39's! 🤩 bank hol edition today round 1: 39 round 2: 39 3 in 10: Larger Than Life, I Want It That Way, Everybody (backstreet's back)
-
John's 1976 Original Charts
31st August 1976 It's 3 easy weeks on top for ABBA as The Chi-Lites reach a career high at 2 with their disco delight, You Don't Have To Go remains fab. Wings at 3 is the highest Macca slot since Band On The Run hit the top 2 years ago. Highest new entry is from The Mama's & The Papas, I'd bought their hits albums in 1974 and was massive on them, so a double-A re-issue of two hits gave me an excuse to chart them for the first time, 2 years after Mama Cass had died and topped my charts after appearing in my very first 1968 chart with Dream A Little Dream: 1966's Monday Monday is in at 8 and Creque Alley, the 1967 story of their music life, in at 19. Another re-issue, this time of 3 tracks, brings Nilsson back into the chart at 18 only 4 years after Without You peaked at 2, and Kiki Dee pushes old album track Loving And Free along with Amoureuse and Music In Me. The lead track got the airplay but not with me - in at 25, and 43, a mere 2 and 3 years on from charting. An actual new track enters at 18 for Tina Charles on her 3rd solo hit Dance Little Lady Dance, not quite in the same league as 5,000 Volts' I'm On Fire nor I Love To Love. Doin De Jale was an unusual instrumental hit for Gheorghe Zamfir, a Romania pan flute folk player. His recording of the Romanian funeral song became known as the theme tune to a religious TV programme and gave him an albums-selling career. It's still quite nice. In at 37, 2 higher than experimental prog-rockers Can having a synth disco moment in the chanty I Want More, one can't accuse the charts of being samey. At 40 Len Barry's fab 1966 hit 1, 2, 3 remained a fave of mine a decade later on re-issue, taking me back to my childhood despite not owning a copy until the 80's. Barry White keeps the hits going with Baby We'd Better Try not quite up par on previous 1976 hits, more of the same by and large at 42, with Peter Frampton's follow-up Baby I Love Your Way getting him a second chart hit, but not as eye-catching as Show Me The Way at the time, though it turned out to be his most popular song by far, with hit covers to follow in later decades. Running out songs and ideas, the Bay City Rollers decide to cover a Dusty Springfield classic from 1963, with zero hope of being anything like as worthy, but at least I Only Want To Be With You got a new generation's attention until a better cover comes along in 1979. That leaves Andy Fairweather-Low with a 3rd solo entry, covering Cliff's Travelling Light at 50. As with Peter Frampton I prefer his 60's pop hits, this time with Amen Corner. So what was in the diary for the week-ending 31st August for teenage me? "Ask Aspel" showed a clip of Nowhere Man from the Yellow Submarine film, which got me excited enough to note it! The Beatles! On telly later in the week, US cop show Police Woman, Top Of The Pops with Manfred Mann's Earthband, Can, Chi-Lites and others, US cop show McMillan & Wife with my fave Susan Saint James starring with Rock Hudson, Space 1999, childhood fave Chitty Chitty Bang Bang film, Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines comedy film with a great cast, and an ABBA TV special with I Do I Do, Mamma Mia and So Long on it. Planet Of The Apes and Starsky & Hutch were weekend TV shows. In my life? My dad was on guard duty on camp Thursday, we went to Liverpool on Friday to stay with grandma & her partner, including taking the budgie! I bought 8 DC comics in the newagents, went into town with mum shopping at iconic local store TJ Hughes on Saturday. Jack and grandma gave me some spending money, and I was given some letters with exotic butterfly prints on them that mum sent from Singapore in 1970. They also gave me back my framed bamboo-weaving scene of Pulau Blakang Mati that I bought as a present on a school trip around Singapore harbour (I'm looking at it on the wall right now). The historic island is better known as Sentosa these days, but I was there long before it was a Theme Park, monorail and luxury hotel resort! I remember a fishing village with houses on sticks over the sea selling tourist stuff. Then back home on Sunday for my Aunty's birthday - they lived across the road as she'd married my dad's mate and were also stationed at RAF Swinderby. I babysat for my pre-school cousins while they went out in the evening, and we all went to Alton Towers on the Bank Holiday Monday. I'd call that a busy week, so no change there then 50 years on. 1 ( 1 ) DANCING QUEEN ABBA 2 ( 4 ) YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO The Chi-Lites 3 ( 5 ) LET 'EM IN Wings 4 ( 3 ) AFTERNOON DELIGHT Starland Vocal Band 5 ( 2 ) YOU SHOULD BE DANCING The Bee Gees 6 ( 9 ) YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE Lou Rawls 7 ( 8 ) BENNIE AND THE JETS Elton John 8 ( NEW ) MONDAY MONDAY The Mamas & The Papas 9 ( 11 ) HOROSCOPE Harpo 10 ( 7 ) A LITTLE BIT MORE Dr. Hook 11 ( 6 ) MYSTERY SONG Status Quo 12 ( 10 ) HEAVEN MUST BE MISSING AN ANGEL Tavares 13 ( 13 ) HERE COMES THE SUN Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel 14 ( 21 ) THE PRICE OF LOVE Bryan Ferry 15 ( 24 ) HERE I GO AGAIN Twiggy 16 ( 14 ) IN ZAIRE Johnny Wakelin 17 ( 25 ) THE KILLING OF GEORGIE PART 1 Rod Stewart 18 ( NEW ) WITHOUT YOU Nilsson 19 ( NEW ) CREQUE ALLEY The Mamas & The Papas 20 ( 33 ) BLINDED BY THE LIGHT Manfred Mann's Earthband 21 ( 15 ) HARVEST FOR THE WORLD The Isley Brothers 22 ( 27 ) NICE 'N' SLOW Jesse Green 23 ( 16 ) WHAT I'VE GOT IN MIND Billie-Jo Spears 24 ( 17 ) DAYDREAM BELIEVER The Monkees 25 ( NEW ) AMOUREUSE Kiki Dee 26 ( 12 ) SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE (SHAKE YOUR BOOTY) KC & The Sunshine Band 27 ( NEW ) DANCE LITTLE LADY DANCE Tina Charles 28 ( 35 ) I CAN'T ASK FOR ANYMORE THAN YOU Cliff Richard 29 ( 19 ) WOULDN'T IT BE NICE The Beach Boys 30 ( 20 ) GOOD VIBRATIONS The Beach Boys 31 ( 40 ) IT'S SO NICE (TO HAVE YOU HOME) The New Seekers 32 ( 23 ) DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART Elton John & Kiki Dee 33 ( 43 ) I NEED IT Johnny 'Guitar' Watson 34 ( 29 ) MOONLIGHT FEELS RIGHT Starbuck 35 ( 22 ) NOW IS THE TIME Jimmy James & The Vagabonds 36 ( 28 ) IT ONLY TAKES A MINUTE 100 Ton & A Feather aka Jonathan King 37 ( NEW ) DOINA DE JALE Gheorghe Zamfir 38 ( 32 ) IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN Neil Diamond 39 ( NEW ) I WANT MORE Can 40 ( NEW ) 1, 2, 3 Len Barry 41 ( 31 ) YOUNG HEARTS RUN FREE Candi Staton 42 ( NEW ) BABY WE'D BETTER TRY TO GET TOGETHER Barry White 43 ( NEW ) (I'VE GOT THE) MUSIC IN ME The Kiki Dee Band 44 ( 44 ) MISSISSIPPI Jonathan King 45 ( 34 ) JEANS ON David Dundas 46 ( NEW ) BABY I LOVE YOUR WAY Peter Frampton 47 ( 26 ) THE BARGAIN STORE Dolly Parton 48 ( 36 ) 16 BARS The Stylistics 49 ( NEW ) I ONLY WANT TO BE WITH YOU Bay City Rollers 50 ( NEW ) TRAVELLING LIGHT Andy Fairweather-Low
-
John's 1976 Original Charts
Thanks for commenting Snakey! I prefer Frampton's 60's hits as very young singer with The Herd but he was huge in '76 in the USA! I prefer the reggae cover to the original Baby I Love Your Way. That misheard lyric Blinded By The Light ooh I'm not sure what that is, though a lot of the references were for things I didnt know like Calliope, deuce (which I assumed was like little deuce coupe the song). I just googled and it seems deuce misheard as douche. Oops! 😄
-
Colm Rates and Ranks the YTD Numbers 11 to 20 for Each Year of the 1990s
The original folk version by New World is nice, The Smokie cover is their best record, but this sweary version just sucked out every bit of emotion and turned it into a Karaoke monster that makes it impossible to put the original on without people effing along to it. Not forgiven.
-
Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
Amazing Grace was a bit of biggie, makes sense it did well after hanging around the charts for 2 years and getting a 2nd run after that other version. One might say it was an early streaming-styled chart ever-present along with My Way, except that the same people weren't buying it week after week, these were just late converts (people who dont follow charts). I considered it unworthy of the status of Both Sides Now for a long time, but I have come to regard it as a classic. Not sorry! You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me was an all-out singalong attempt to appeal to older music fans after their more interesting tracks flopped in comparison. Big over that 3-day week big sales era in '73 and not nearly as good as the similarly nostalgia-facing I Get A Little Sentimental follow-up. Van McCoy took over production duties in '74 along with new songwriters Hugo & Luigi, but I'd already gone off The Stylistics after a few early good singles, especially Betcha By Golly Wow their UK breakthrough, to me they were never in the same league as The Chi-Lites, O'Jays or Detroit Spinners but the UK public lapped them up (and still do on tours), with one notable exception: this one. Van's production is impeccable at the time he was hitting with The Hustle.
-
VOTING: EDITION 14: The Best Song Contest in the World... Ever! ~ Singer Songwriter
Interesting to hear Laura Nyro being talked of, after spending seemingly in a fan world of my own for decades (i have a few of her albums of the 60's and 70's) ❤️Songs I rate of hers not in the competition? Save The Country Stoney End Wedding Bell Blues Stoned Soul Picnic And When I Die Eli's Coming Flim Flam Man California Shoe Shine Boy or just the first three albums 1966's The First Songs/More Than A New Discovery and 1968's Eli and The Thirteenth Confession, 1969's New York Tendaberry. If this is looking like I entered Laura, she was my back-up, so would be very happy if she did well
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
And into one I do remember. Nice to have Britney back and I still generally liked will.i.am stuff. It's not in the same league as either act's best stuff though. Playing it now, it's OK, pleasantly bopping without being that much of a song in there. Lots of riffs and chanting, but it's a bit of a hotch-potch of bits and pieces with no cohesive centrepiece to it. It's like they had lots of bits left over they bunged together. Better than most of those so far out though. I think I was dazzled by Britney and will at the time though and rated it top 10 in my personal charts, which flatters it a bit.
-
Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
Seasons In The Sun, a very dark tune I suppose, something that modern audiences avoid like the plague, so to speak. That may be more to do with younger streamers dominating the charts not wanting to hear songs about death as much as older record buyers in the past. I still like it, but was it the last of that genre? Prob not but none spring to mind! Pop Music a classic, should have got to the top, fairly obviously. It's done pretty well in sales despite that! My memory of 1979 is it was the first time the price of a single hit £1 having been about 45p at the start of the decade - but relative to income and inflation it seemed cheaper somehow, but may have encouraged more home taping. I know the music industry rattled on about it for decades but I'm not convinced it affected sales that much, kids still bought their fave singles, it was just their lesser faves that they couldnt afford anyway that they taped. And albums sales were about to peak in the 80's so that is a good argument against... Leo's great, worth seeing in concert, so energetic and enthusiastic. But When I Need You isnt one of my faves, despite the songwriting pedigree, Albert Hammond has so many great songs better than this one. I way preferred Thunder In My Heart in 1977. Maybe this would sound better speeded up and covered dance style.....
-
Colm Rates and Ranks the YTD Numbers 11 to 20 for Each Year of the 1990s
that top 4 is great, and in the right order too, Corona topped my charts, as did 7 Seconds, and with a longer chart run. I love the top 3 tracks, all different but fabulous.
-
SUBMISSIONS: Songs Multichart #1066
1 30 1 2 SUNSHINE - Jungle 188000 2 1 1 6 THE GAME OF LOVE - New Radicals & Michelle Branch 635200 3 2 1 9 CLUB TO YOUR ARMS - Rose Gray 1090000 4 4 4 11 LOVE SENSATION/AFTERHOURS RADIO EDIT - Madonna/Madonna & Kylie Minogue 347400 5 7 5 5 BABY I KNOW - The Rubettes 194300 6 3 3 9 HONEYBEE - Olivia Rodrigo 379900 7 5 5 7 SOMEDAY, SOMEWHERE - Jungle 223700 8 8 8 3 SLEEPING WITH MY BOOTS ON - Lily Meola 115250 9 15 9 5 TONIGHT - The Rubettes 112000 10 9 6 10 THE CURE - Olivia Rodrigo 223900 11 6 1 8 DON JUAN - Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich 510500 12 12 12 6 SUNRISE - Simply Red 128650 13 14 2 13 THE WAVE - Jungle 784650 14 18 14 3 STORMY WEATHER - Etta James 64500 15 11 1 8 ZABADAK! - Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich 607000 16 13 10 10 SUMMER FUNK - Francesco Gabbani 199600 17 10 10 4 THE LOVE BOAT - Lowdii Beats 125000 18 19 18 8 DANCETERIA - Madonna 119750 19 25 19 6 THINK I'M GONNA FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU - The Dooleys 76650 20 42 20 2 REWARD - The Teardrop Explodes 33750 21 16 8 14 TALK TO YOU - ANOTR featuring 54 Ultra 259550 22 23 22 9 DANCING WITHOUT YOU - Disco Bambino, Nile Rodgers & Sophie Ellis-Bextor 107050 23 17 1 15 CRYING OVER YOU - Reverend and The Makers 913250 24 20 20 10 WHITE NOISE - Holly Humberstone 129150 25 27 25 6 WANTED - The Dooleys 83800 26 84 26 2 MESMERIZED - Freemasons featuring Faith Evans 21700 27 22 20 7 I'M ALIVE - Imael Angel 122050 28 26 26 9 ON MY SOUL - Bruno Mars 110350 29 24 5 9 TANGERINE - Damiano David 328550 30 31 8 11 HOWL - Carly Simon 300050 31 33 31 8 NO MORE REGRETS - almost monday 90150 32 28 27 10 MACHINE GUN - The Commodores 161300 33 34 33 7 SHATTERED DREAMS - Johnny Hates Jazz 87450 34 21 7 13 MOVIN' TO THE SUN - HUGEL, Imael Angel & Ultra Nate 297500 35 38 35 5 BLUE DREAM - Holly Humberstone 57950 36 48 36 7 STUPID SONG - Olivia Rodrigo 59850 37 37 1 18 LOVE CONTROLLER - Demi Lovato 864200 38 29 29 10 BOOGIE'S IN MY SOUL - Chaka Khan & Snoop Dogg 128550 39 36 1 12 READY TO BEGIN - Appleton 542200 40 39 39 7 I FEEL HOPE COMING - Alabama Shakes 82700
-
John V's 23rd Aug 2026 charts, fashionably late, Jungle vs New Radicals/Michelle Branch on top..
23rd August 2026 It's a big leap to 1 for Jungle's fab title track and 4th track to go top 10 from the new album, that's their 2nd number one or 5th including side-project Loaded Honey, and goes one better than little-known single Sunshine from The Archies in 1970 - the cartoon band are not one-hit-wonders for me, and that track could do with a remix revamp. JU=ungle have 3 in the top 20, and another two lower down as there's a new entry for album track Move LIke You Do at 95. The Rubettes' meanwhile make it two consecutive top 10 oldies, as Tonight finally gets there 52 years late, and Baby I Know hits the top 5 and a new peak 49 years on. In the long list of pop stars lost so far in 2026, Dolly Parton is the most beloved. An icon in every way, and an example to everyone, never forgetting her poverty-stricken background and helping those who need a leg-up, including family, having lost her brother and husband recently while dealing with an illness she kept quiet, and still remaining as upbeat as she could in public. The music tells the story though, as it always has. Dolly first made my charts in 1976 with Jolene going top 3, and that returns at 68, just behind her sensitive original touching ballad I Will Always Love You, which charted for me in 1983 out of one of her then-current films. At 70, her 2022 chart-topper for me returns, God Only Knows even sadder than it was then, with For King And Country. Her tender Love Is Like A Butterfly enters at 94, the theme tune to laid-back 70's sitcom Butterflies, and her cover of Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood's Down From Dover debuts at 99. New debuts this week include KATSEYE with their very Toxic-ish Animal at 88, Nickelback returning unexpectedly with a goodie after Chad's guest-spot with The Lottery Winners the other year, Leave Me Behind at 90 is their best track since 2008's Rockstar and their 7th chart entry across 24 years. Not including solo stuff. Johnny Hates Jazz are currently re-charting Shattered Dreams following the passing of one of the original line-up, but co-incidentally have a new track at 96, Soul Believer being one of those songs incorporating classic soul oldies into the lyrics (think Kylie's Step Back In Time), with a collab with fellow 80's soulster Jaki Graham. Johnny Hates Jazz havent charted since 2020, and this is their 9th charting track in a span of 38 years. Jaki hasn't charted since 1994! This is her 9th too including a big duet with David Grant which kicked things off in 1985. That leaves just one more newie from Sheryl Crow with guest Jesse Welles on a social-commentary track, Freedom Bus. The lyrics are great and the track is very much in the style of The Beatles' Don't Let Me Down. Sheryl never really has large gaps in her chart-career, most recently going top 40 in 2023 for me, and stretching back to 1994 and over 25 charters for me. 1 30 1 2 SUNSHINE - Jungle 188000 2 1 1 6 THE GAME OF LOVE - New Radicals & Michelle Branch 635200 3 2 1 9 CLUB TO YOUR ARMS - Rose Gray 1090000 4 4 4 11 LOVE SENSATION/AFTERHOURS RADIO EDIT - Madonna/Madonna & Kylie Minogue 347400 5 7 5 5 BABY I KNOW - The Rubettes 194300 6 3 3 9 HONEYBEE - Olivia Rodrigo 379900 7 5 5 7 SOMEDAY, SOMEWHERE - Jungle 223700 8 8 8 3 SLEEPING WITH MY BOOTS ON - Lily Meola 115250 9 15 9 5 TONIGHT - The Rubettes 112000 10 9 6 10 THE CURE - Olivia Rodrigo 223900 11 6 1 8 DON JUAN - Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich 510500 12 12 12 6 SUNRISE - Simply Red 128650 13 14 2 13 THE WAVE - Jungle 784650 14 18 14 3 STORMY WEATHER - Etta James 64500 15 11 1 8 ZABADAK! - Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich 607000 16 13 10 10 SUMMER FUNK - Francesco Gabbani 199600 17 10 10 4 THE LOVE BOAT - Lowdii Beats 125000 18 19 18 8 DANCETERIA - Madonna 119750 19 25 19 6 THINK I'M GONNA FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU - The Dooleys 76650 20 42 20 2 REWARD - The Teardrop Explodes 33750 21 16 8 14 TALK TO YOU - ANOTR featuring 54 Ultra 259550 22 23 22 9 DANCING WITHOUT YOU - Disco Bambino, Nile Rodgers & Sophie Ellis-Bextor 107050 23 17 1 15 CRYING OVER YOU - Reverend and The Makers 913250 24 20 20 10 WHITE NOISE - Holly Humberstone 129150 25 27 25 6 WANTED - The Dooleys 83800 26 84 26 2 MESMERIZED - Freemasons featuring Faith Evans 21700 27 22 20 7 I'M ALIVE - Imael Angel 122050 28 26 26 9 ON MY SOUL - Bruno Mars 110350 29 24 5 9 TANGERINE - Damiano David 328550 30 31 8 11 HOWL - Carly Simon 300050 31 33 31 8 NO MORE REGRETS - almost monday 90150 32 28 27 10 MACHINE GUN - The Commodores 161300 33 34 33 7 SHATTERED DREAMS - Johnny Hates Jazz 87450 34 21 7 13 MOVIN' TO THE SUN - HUGEL, Imael Angel & Ultra Nate 297500 35 38 35 5 BLUE DREAM - Holly Humberstone 57950 36 48 36 7 STUPID SONG - Olivia Rodrigo 59850 37 37 1 18 LOVE CONTROLLER - Demi Lovato 864200 38 29 29 10 BOOGIE'S IN MY SOUL - Chaka Khan & Snoop Dogg 128550 39 36 1 12 READY TO BEGIN - Appleton 542200 40 39 39 7 I FEEL HOPE COMING - Alabama Shakes 82700 41 49 41 8 MEET ME IN LOVE - Blossoms featuring Maya Jama 61600 42 40 40 7 BIZARRE - Madonna & Martin Garrix 65350 43 32 3 15 FOREVER - Reverend and The Makers 538950 44 60 44 5 YOU'RE THE REASON WHY - The Rubettes 37650 45 52 45 5 FIREFLIES - Martin Garrix & U2 48200 46 46 1 17 NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE - The Jackson 5 556300 47 43 43 7 STREET OF DREAMS - U2 58500 48 50 48 10 SELF AWARE - Temper City 61400 49 85 49 2 OH YEAH? - Steve Lacy 15100 50 69 50 2 WHERE ARE YOU NOW? - Jungle 18200 51 68 51 2 TAKE IT SLOW (BULLIT) - Robin Schulz & Watermat 18150 52 35 33 9 CHICAGO - Michael Jackson 129950 53 54 53 7 STAND UP - Howard Jones 55950 54 57 54 7 THERE'S A BETTER WAY - Inspiral Carpets 42900 55 45 1 21 CLICK CLACK SYMPHONY - RAYE featuring Hans Zimmer 1060600 56 62 56 5 DES FLEURS - Tove Lo & Stromae 26600 57 55 55 8 CHEMISTRY - PNAU featuring Master Peace 53800 58 59 58 7 TAKE ME BACK - Kygo & Max McNown 44700 59 41 1 15 YA YA YA - JONAS LOVV 726350 60 78 60 2 RAIN - Dagny 14400 61 56 1 17 BROTHER LOUIE - Hot Chocolate featuring Alexis Korner 689750 62 63 62 3 I'M IN LOVE AGAIN - Lulu 20200 63 70 63 3 FRAGILE - Madonna 14500 64 71 64 4 SWING YOUR DADDY - Jim Gilstrap 20200 65 61 5 16 MASTER JACK - Four Jacks And A Jill 412750 66 NEW 66 1 I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU - Dolly Parton 6800 67 51 14 10 UNDER THE RHYTHM - Adam Lambert 178600 68 NEW 68 1 JOLENE - Dolly Parton 6400 69 95 69 2 LOADED - Primal Scream 7700 70 NEW 70 1 GOD ONLY KNOWS - for KING AND COUNTRY featuring Dolly Parton 6000 71 66 66 3 FASCINATING RHYTHM - Bass-o-matic featuring William Orbit 16800 72 64 18 14 LIGHT UP - Kylie Minogue 192950 73 65 5 28 DRIVE SAFE - Myles Smith & Niall Horan 695950 74 90 74 4 DYNAMITE - Haircut 100 10300 75 91 75 3 D MINOR - Reverend and The Makers 8400 76 67 67 5 JUST DRIVE - Natalie Imbruglia 20000 77 82 77 5 TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE - Orville Peck 14000 78 76 76 6 WATCHING YOU WATCHING ME - The Shires 18700 79 77 77 5 BLUE SHADOWS - The Avalanches featuring Karen O 14200 80 72 53 13 BOSTON - STELLA LEFTY 80950 81 58 58 7 THESE ALARMS - Snow Patrol & Kylie Minogue 34300 82 74 74 9 WATCH IT BURN - Katy Perry 29200 83 47 21 9 FIREBALL - Pitbull featuring John Ryan 98650 84 87 84 4 DAI DAI - Shakira featuring Burna Boy 9800 85 97 85 2 IF I LET YOU - The Womack Sisters 4300 86 89 86 3 LLEGO - Empire Of The Sun, Danny Ocean & FIFA Sound 7000 87 88 87 3 STAND TOGETHER - Shed Seven 7200 88 NEW 88 1 ANIMAL - KATSEYE 2400 89 75 15 18 MR. KNOW IT ALL - Teddy Swims 297050 90 NEW 90 1 LEAVE ME BEHIND - Nickelback 2000 91 73 73 6 ON WIRES - Carly Rae Jepsen 16300 92 93 92 3 PETAL - Ariana Grande 4700 93 94 93 4 SO GOOD - Charlie Jeer & Simone Ashley 5400 94 NEW 94 1 LOVE IS LIKE A BUTTERFLY - Dolly Parton 1600 95 NEW 95 1 MOVE LIKE YOU DO - Jungle 1500 96 NEW 96 1 SOUL BELIEVER - Johnny Hates Jazz featuring Jaki Graham 1400 97 98 97 2 BERRY - Deniece Pearson 2500 98 100 98 2 TASTES LIKE SUMMER - James Blunt 2200 99 NEW 99 1 DOWN FROM DOVER - Dolly Parton 1100 100 NEW 100 1 FREEDOM BUS - Sheryl Crow featuring Jesse Welles 1000 DROP OUTS 44 5 7 SUMMER (THE FIRST TIME) - Bobby Goldsboro 193650 53 4 8 FATE - Alan Walker & Ava Max 284650 79 6 13 BETTER TIMES - Robin Schulz featuring BARBZ 279850 80 19 16 BRING YOUR LOVE - Madonna & Sabrina Carpenter 211050 81 81 4 BUZZ BUZZ A-DIDDLE-IT - Freddy Cannon 12800 83 1 27 LUCKY AGAIN - Lykke Li 933300 86 77 6 MY BODY ISN'T READY - sombr 20400 92 20 12 RIPPLES IN A POND - Paul McCartney 160300 96 94 4 PALISADES PARK - Freddy Cannon 5500 99 99 2 TIGER'S BLOOD - Brandon Flowers 2100
-
AH Gold Chart - w/e 29th August 2026 - can Madge & Kylie prevent a THIRD 80s classic from hitting No.1 in 2026?
Hi AH!, Hope you having a good weekend, at least its not hot! Fab chart as always, either two charts or one chart and a rollover for me before a week Monday as off to the Baltics on a coach tour! cheers! 😎
-
SSP's Weekly Top 100 ---- Week ending August 29, 2026
Hi SSP! <My fave climbers this week! 11 12 The Game Of Love - New Radicals / Michelle Branch 4 11❤️ 16 22 Boston - Stella Lefty 5 16 18 19 Tangerine - Damiano David 10 18 19 20 My Mouth Is Lonely For You - Anne Hathaway 7 19 20 21 Howl - Carly Simon 9 20 22 38 These Alarms - Snow Patrol / Kylie Minogue 3 22 25 26 Watching You Watching Me - The Shires 12 25 27 28 Street Of Dreams - U2 6 27 28 37 I Knew It, I Knew You - Taylor Swift 2 28 29 35 Fireflies - Martin Garrix / U2 4 29 31 33 Bottom Of Your Boots - Ella Langley 8 31 37 42 Watch It Burn - Katy Perry 7 37 40 44 Stand Up - Howard Jones 5 40 41 49 Animal - Katseye 3 41 43 48 Another Drink - Marshmello / Kelsea Ballerini 3 43 49 55 Take Me Back - Kygo / Max McNown 5 49 56 71 Just Drive - Natalie Imbruglia 3 56 59 --- One Step Away - Madonna 1 59 60 82 The Crowd Was Singing Wonderwall - The Script 2 60 61 76 Mad Dog In The Fog - Train 2 61 62 72 I Can't Love You Anymore - Ella Langley / Morgan Wallen 3 62 63 78 Don't Leave Me On The Dancefloor - Carly Rae Jepsen 2 63 66 79 Stronger Than Me - Manfred Mann 2 66 71 81 Rescuer - Alex Warren 2 71 81 --- Momma Gets By - Paul McCartney 1 81 lovely track great chart! 😎
-
POWER TOP 40 - WEEK 34 2026
Hi Sven! 🙂 Great charts and hope all is good 👍 Top 40 climber faves: the whole top 9 actually! - SHAKIRA & BURNA BOY - DAI DAI ⚽ / - (8x@🥇) / - (The Official Dutch Top 40 - 9x@🥇 week 34) 02 02 08 - Hugel & Imael Angel & Ultra Naté - Movin´ To The Sun 04 04 08 - Bruno mars - On My Soul -PP❤️ 05 05 07 - Sombr - My Body Isn´t Ready 06 11 02 - Katseye - Animals 07 13 14 - Ella Langley - Choosin´ Texas 08 08 08 - Temper City - Self Aware 09 29 02 - Ariana Grande - Petal -PP❤️ 19 23 03 - Madonna - Danceteria 24 34 04 - Martin Garrix & U2 - Fireflies -PP❤️ 27 33 03 - Teddy Swims - Break Up In Reverse 32 RE 03 - Stella Lefty - Boston / - (tip04) 33 39 02 - Silva Bumpa - On 2Nite 34 NE 01 - Madonna & Kylie Minogue - Love Sensation (afterhours remix´26) / - (tip20) hooray! 35 40 02 - Aitch & Anita Ward - RMB, Ring My Bell 37 NE 01 - Karol G & Bruno Mars - Still -PP❤️ / - (tip01) Breakers: PP❤️ = PowerPlay : -------------> TAME IMPALA - LOSER -PP❤️ 02 03 - Tove Lo & Stromae - Des Fleurs 04 09 - Marshmello & Kelsea Ballerini - Another Drink 05 06 - Katy Perry - Watch it Burn 06 07 - Bakermat & Rani - I Love Life / - (Radio 538 DanceSmash -DS🕺 week 23) 07 08 - U2 - Street Of Dreams 08 11 - Kygo & Max McNown - Take Me Back / - (Radio 538 DanceSmash -DS🕺 week 33) 10 12 - Madonna & Martin Garrix - Bizarre 11 16 - Morgan Wallen - Been By Now 12 NE - Adéla (Jergova) - Ain´t In L.A. 17 18 - Slayyyter - Dance 1990: my big faves selected! - ROXETTE - IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE / - (5x🥇@) 03 05 08 - Maxi Priest - Close To You 04 03 12 - The Adventures Of Stevie V - Dirty Cash, Money Talks -AS🔔 06 07 03 - Prince - Thieves In The Temple -AS🔔 08 15 03 - London Beat - I´ve Been Thinking About You 10 11 04 - En Vogue - Hold On 26 NE 01 - Aswad - Next To You -AS🔔 -PP = PowerPlay : ------------------> George Michael - Praying For Time -PP❤️ Fab! 😎
-
john v's 16th Aug 2026 charts - Its a game of love, a club or a jungle out there!
Hey Sven! 🙂 My late charts are getting later and later! I'm going to have to catch up or roll-over a chart as I'm off to the Baltics in a week and a bit and won't have time to do a chart, sight-seeing! 😄Thanks for the picks and yes faith Evans is the Freemasons vocalist - I think it's the original one they remixed then, but re-re-mixed for their Greatest Hits album. Ive credited her now anyway! It's a fab vocal! 🤩 Thanks for the picks and comments! 😎