Everything posted by DoBelieveTheHype
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
I'm not moving any goalposts - I posted the Top 10 daily streams for singles list of what I consider 'insane success' much earlier in this thread. It's singles that matter not albums in the 21st century. Beyonce has been successful with this album by her standards - I'll accept that. She has after all done more than her last album streaming wise. However that doesn't make it insane success by general standards. Plenty of albums have done similar or better per-track streaming numbers including Ariana Grande a few weeks ago.
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
It's more logical than looking at album streams when we're discussing her status as a pop star - where singles matter more than albums. She's not doing the Spotify numbers you'd expect for a supposed superstar. To classify a track as a outright success on Spotify I'm looking for at least 1m streams - yes I know it's a high bar but it's been done on a number of occasions (including relatively recently by Dave and Central Cee, Miley Cyrus and Harry Styles). Beyonce is nowhere near that league with her numbers. I'd have expected the Miley Cyrus duet to at least threaten those thresholds but it hasn't. You might want to re-read the second half of the post your quoting which addresses what you've just said about the album tracks. She's doing fairly low streaming numbers on a per-track base compared to her other big pop stars.
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
Spotify has updated. Beyonce only holding the top spot for 1 day before Benson Boone returns to the top with Beautiful Things. Real chance he stays at No 1. Every Beyonce track down position wise on yesterday. Artemas in the top 5 is good to see though - looking like a contender for No 1 in a few weeks time.
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
We seem to be disagreeing on what the important statistic is here. Total album streams are going to be high when you release a 27 track album, I'm more interested in the streams for the lead single and there's definitely more than one artist whose bettered Beyonce's 650k daily streams on Spotify. Looking deeper down the top 50 most of Beyonce's tracks have been streamed around 170k times. That's far lower than Taylor Swift or Adele's album releases, yet for some reason people are trying to argue this is on par.
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
They aren't that fantastic when it's being lauded as this sort of second coming of a female pop Jesus. The media narrative around this album really doesn't fit the reality. You think back to Adele or Taylor Swift releases and they blocked up the top end of the chart, whilst Beyonce's tracks are in the Top 50 plenty of other songs are doing more streams than them. In a few weeks when Taylor releases we'll see what pop domination looks like.
-
Artemas - i like the way you kiss me
It was on the 'burnt' video and the official video but looks like someone's been in and tidied things up. I saw them the other day. And yes that would make more sense.
-
Artemas - i like the way you kiss me
There's loads of (seemingly bot powered) comments on the YT accusing him of stealing from someone called Kaeleigh? Is there any more to this? Is she the uncredited vocalist?
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
Is Beyonce streaming anywhere close to those figures? No. The last album that got this much press hype was Adele's 30 - I don't think this is on par with that.
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
It appears his last album was such a bomb I hadn't realised it had come out. I was thinking his album with Bad Habits on was his latest album. But, I'll bow to statistics. Did wonder when the album for Eyes Closed was coming out as that's the only song I've heard of on it. Not sure he'll bothered though given how much he made from his other albums.
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
Wait until Ed drops an actual album, Autumn Variations doesn't count. He'll rightfully stream far more than what Beyonce's getting for her current lead singles.
-
Music Video Relevance
It's a shame we've moved into an era where even the bigger artists seem to be foregoing music videos. Visualizers aren't the same.
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
Those are all global statistics, I'm talking about in the UK. In the UK she can't touch Ed Sheeran or Adele. As her streaming numbers on the Spotify Charts show.
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
I had her down as a superstar and am a bit of a fan of hers - I most have played II Most Wanted about 50 times the past few days, but the stats don't lie as far as records go she's not gonna threaten any Spotify records with anything she releases any time soon. I think we need to move into an era where we accept that the superstars of our childhood aren't current day superstars when the stats suggest that.
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
I'm clearly talking about modern artists and how they've performed in the streaming era. Specifically 2017 to the modern day for which the information is readily available. Yes Beyonce was a superstar in her day. That's the point in her day, not in the current streaming era as denoted in my post. Maybe one of her songs will take off and do superstar level streaming numbers, but so far they are only respectable numbers. Not that there's much wrong with that - not everyone can be Ed Sheeran or Adele. But the fact Beyonce hasn't had a single song hit 1m daily streams (a much lower threshold than my personal bar of Top 10) is telling.
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
Ed Sheeran and Adele are definitely in the big boy league - artists who can appeal to a wide variety of music fans and consistently pull in big streaming numbers. They're in a class of their own as far as the UK streaming public goes. Dave is definitely a big league star in the UK - I think most people would accept Central Cee isn't an only got that many streams because he's on a Dave track. Baddiel, Skinner and the Lightning Seeds probably fall in the same exemption as Christmas songs - but weren't removed because they aren't a Christmas song. I wouldn't really describe them as big boy league. If you remove that track, you promote Olivia Rodrigo to the Top 10 so Rodrigo's got a far more sturdy claim to being in the big boy league than Beyonce will ever have. There's many artists just below that tier who are very successful including Beyonce.
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
In preparation for Swift's album coming out in a few weeks I thought these figures might be of interest. Goes back to 1 Jan 2017 which the chart site goes back to. Beyonce clear well below the big boy league though. What I was more surprised at was Sprinter doing higher streams than driver's license or good 4 u. Top 10 Highest Daily Streams 1. 2,889,765 (25-12-2023) Wham! - Last Christmas 2. 2,801,638 (15-10-2021) Adele - Easy on Me 3. 2,720,431 (25-12-2023) Brenda Lee - Rockin Around the Christmas Tree 4. 2,669,539 (25-12-2022) Wham! Last Christmas 5. 2,643,661 (25-12-2023) Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas is You 6. 2,555,381 (25-12-2020) Wham! - Last Christmas 7. 2,492,635 (25-12-2020) Brenda Lee - Rockin Around the Christmas Tree 8. 2,444,375 (25-12-2020) Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You 9. 2,410,755 (25-12-2022) Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas is You 10. 2,243,660 (25-12-2020) Brenda Lee - Rockin Around the Christmas Tree Top 10 Highest Daily Streams Excluding Christmas 1. 2,801,638 (15-10-2021) Adele - Easy on Me 2. 1,729,543 (16-10-2021) Adele - Easy On Me 3. 1,472,625 (11-07-2021) Baddiel, Skinner and the Lightning Seeds - Three Lions 4. 1,409,140 (18-10-2021) Adele - Easy On Me 5. 1,342,576 (17-10-2021) Adele - Easy On Me 6. 1,323,982 (09-01-2017) Ed Sheeran - Shape of You 7. 1,295,532 (05-06-2023) Dave, Central Cee - Sprinter 8. 1,280,898 (06-01-2017) Ed Sheeran - Shape of You 9. 1,269,141 (19-10-2021) Adele - Easy on Me 10. 1,265,147 (02-06-2023) Dave, Central Cee - Sprinter
-
Streaming Services Beyoncé Discussion
While Beyonce's numbers are impressive, they're not quite up there with what I was personally expecting. Looking at Renaissance's numbers, she definitely doing better this time in comparison. Seem's likely it'll be Taylor Swift who knocks off most-streamed album of the year perch.