Jump to content

DoBelieveTheHype

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DoBelieveTheHype

  1. Reform didn't stand in many areas of the locals though, so that has to be taken into account.
  2. That Reform vote should have many Labour people shitting bricks. Sunderland is an area that Reform did well in at the locals but still surprisingly high.
  3. BBC but might be turning it off if we don't get a result soon. Kuensburg is insufferable.
  4. Nice to see The Last Dinner Party and Scouting for Girls in the mix.
  5. Really wish they wouldn't have politicians on these things, just give us the results not the politics.
  6. It's Lindsay Hoyle - Speaker
  7. A good landslide victory if lower than some expectations. Reform getting 13 seats is scary.
  8. Sounds like Kuensburg is going to be giving us shit tory spiel all night, exit poll and off.
  9. Exit poll in a few minutes.
  10. Not sure how long I'm going to be staying up for. Definitely to see the exit poll and maybe the first results to see if they tally with the exit poll. If it tallies there's not really much pointing staying up all night to just watch the seat declarations.
  11. For anyone who can't wait until 21:55 for their election night programme - Sky's youtube stream is going live at 9pm.
  12. Just a reminder voting for this closes tomorrow at 23:59
  13. Labour had very little chance in 2019 - the polling was consistently in Boris's and the tories favour on the back of Get Brexit Done. I thought Labour might have won in 2017 but sadly we all know how that ended.
  14. The results aren't done by 2pm - they're working on it right up until 21.45 - Curtice just said they normally have an idea of who's winning by 2pm not that the final results are done by then. The Tories will just put their X in the box and keep quiet about, given how much vitriol is being directed at anyone who openly says they support them. That's why I'm fearful of a shy Tory effect.
  15. Does anyone else have this irrational fear that the exit poll is going to come out with absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to the recent opinion polls and MRPS? Mainly with the Tories being significantly higher. So used to seeing the Tories as the largest party it almost feels unbelievably that they might possibly come 3rd.
  16. These guys came closest in 2019 so worth paying attention to: @1808785084054454560
  17. For once in my life I'm in agreement with The Sun - every party except Labour are either lunatics or a joke so the vote has to go to Labour.
  18. So what leaflets have you had through this time round? Considering I live in a safe seat I've been surprised to get a leaflet from each of Reform, the Greens, the Lib Dems and Labour through the campaign. Labour also knocked on the door. Nothing for the Tories - but that's to be expected in an area they've absolutely no chance of winning - the final YouGov MRP poll has them 5th behind Labour, Reform, the Lib Dems and the Greens. I'd imagine people in more marginal seats will have had more election leaflets or door-knocking?
  19. Just over 24 hours to go until we get the exit poll. Will be interesting to see if it reflects the polls this time round or if there's any surprises in store.
  20. Final Prediction - lets see how this goes. Labour - 450 Conservatives - 100 Liberal Democrats - 54 SNP - 20 Plaid Cymru - 4 Green - 2 Reform - 1 Speaker - 1 N.I - 18
  21. wrong thread
  22. It's definitely a possibility. I see Starmer has completely ruled out joining the EU. That will surely give many confidence to vote for him but I'm sure many like myself might be less inclined to vote for him on that basis. Anyway with less than 12 hours to go until polling stations open I'm not sure it'll move the needle much in either direction.
  23. I was hoping to catch my seat then go to bed as I figured it would be an early declaration being in the north east. Just seen on the declaration times list it's set for 2.30am. announcement, guess it's an all nighter.
  24. Labour being far more measured with their attempts to motivate their voter base. Genuine concern that Reform could win seats in areas where Labour would be expected to win. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/articl...-midlands-seats
  25. Spain 3 v2 Germany Portugal 1 v 1 France England 0 v 0 Switzerland Netherlands 2 v 1 Turkey