Everything posted by 365
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
She should shell out some signed stuff honestly. A different CD cover signed by the intern, they could easily sell 2-3k of those.
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
There's about 5ish plays that didn't register for this early on by the way, so the number should be slightly higher.
-
Leigh-Anne - Don't Say Love • 1st Single
It was never destined to be huge, but I'm surprised that this has done as badly as it has, it's a perfectly catchy track.
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion
I don't think it matters that much? Most songs do once on ACR, it' not like it's suddenly gonna not be bringing in any sales.
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
Padam is already Radio 2's 7th most played Kylie track ever. The only "recent" Kylie ahead is 'Dancing' at #4. Padam is stuck on R1's C list another week. I thought they'd move it to B for a couple of weeks but it seems like they put it on the playlist to save face but want to give it minimal plays before taking it off.
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion
Yeah, who cares if it’s peaked when it’s had multiple weeks top 10? It’s not like it’s gonna plummet out of the top 40 next week?
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion
That's the week it did peak at #8 (and #5 on Apple)...
-
Tension ● 16th album discussion
Hold Onto Now sounds like a great song. It just will not have any potential to do anything like what Padam did. Tension however sounds like another song that Hot Hits would playlist and Capital would be happy to spam again. Here's my full thoughts: I know Padam's success is probably a lightning in a bottle moment... But whatever Kylie releases next is in the unique position of probably getting better instant support from playlists and streaming off the bat than she’s had in over a decade because off Padam’s success. As good as it might be, releasing another Radio 2 playlist sounding song instead of something that sounds like it’s from the same sonic universe as Padam doesn't make much sense. They’re throwing away what will probably be very temporary goodwill from radios and playlists alike on something that is very unlikely to do anything other than help shift some album pre-orders.
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
It’s out Friday :)
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
It would have been nice if they dropped one last physical version this week to secure that #7 people which feels oddly way better than #8, but it's just greed at this point and I should accept that it's done enough and is (slowly) on its way out now.
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
Ariana Grade is Padaming hard today
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
Yeah, I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got another remix but also wouldn’t be surprised if the Jax Jones mix was the last little push they did. For some reason I am slightly disappointed we didn’t get the #7 peak but overall what a smash and I can’t wait for the next single!
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
I really don’t think BMG really think into ACR that much.
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
Padam made 6 weeks on the R2 playlist, which isn’t that common!
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
Where did the extended mix get to?
-
Radio 1 Playlist (30/06/23)
4 out 6 of the C list additions have stayed there this week. I’m sure most will move up… only a couple will stay on the C list before leaving C-C-B is very common.
-
Radio 1 Playlist (23/06/23)
She’s on C again. I think it’ll go CCBBB out like Meghan Trainor did.
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
It’s out at midnight everywhere!
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
It’s on C list again on R1 but I can see them moving it up to B, it’s quite common to go C-C-B
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
Dancing has sold around 300k hasn’t it? It went silver years ago.
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
A great tactic for one last hurrah to get this a new peak of hopefully #7 would be to release the remix on iTunes on Friday, and at the same time put a 7" vinyl with the remix as the B side up for -pre-order at the same time with a release date of next Thurs (same as the cassette).
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
Hopefully it does indeed get added to iTunes this Friday cause that's where the real sales come from.
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
It's a shame Radio 1 playlisted it as it's starting to fall rather than when it was rising.
-
Padam Padam ● 1st single
It’s definitely stalling on streaming though? That’s nothing wrong with that. It’s stalled at a great place and is already a big hit.
-
Padam Padam: Week 6 Chart Predictions
I think it’ll be it’s final week in the top 10 at 9 or 10.