Jump to content

Josh!

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Josh!

  1. Definitely agree with this, I was expecting something really striking like Bob's blue and yellow card outfit from S8 but it looked really naff and she kept standing on it too? Monet and Yuhua are my favourites already based personality but I probably would have put the former near the bottom for that sponge dress, oops. Kinda sad about Vanessa going though, she was giving me Aja vibes with her personality so I'm sure she would have grown to become one of my favourites. Kalorie seems a bit out of her depth in the competition though so I can't see her lasting much longer. She killed it in the lip sync through, I gagged when she made it rain!!
  2. Josh! posted a post in a topic in Movies and Theatre
    mwgUesU1pz4 I never saw It Follows but I know it was massively popular a couple of years back but I think the trailer for this looks really strong. I've been loving Andrew Garfield a lot recently too so this definitely on my watch-list when it comes out!
  3. Josh! posted a post in a topic in Movies and Theatre
    D86RtevtfrA Another fab trailer, the humour is so on point - seems like it's going to have a lot more laughs :wub:
  4. Went to see her last night and she put on such a fabulous show, one of the most friendly and hilarious personalities too, she had the audience cackling at some points. I wasn't expecting it to open the show at all so it was really nice to hear in that spot, it worked surprisingly well at kicking things off. Only thing I'm a bit sad about is there was no on the setlist, probably my favourite song by her :lol: :cry: I thought Kiah Victoria as the support act was really good too, had never heard of before but all of her songs sounded fantastic - will definitely be checking out the studio versions of those soon.
  5. 08.0 Molly's Game 07.2 All The Money In The World 08.2 Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing Missouri 09.3 Coco 07.7 The Post 06.9 The Maze Runner: The Death Cure 07.0 Phantom Thread 03.0 Roman J. Israel Esq. 08.2 Black Panther 09.0 Lady Bird 10.0 The Shape Of Water 01.0 Red Sparrow
  6. Have stepped down because I have turned into a full-time alcoholic and have become no help around here :heehee: Harry n Sean, keep slaying <3
  7. The breakdown of the voting from the eliminated queens is here too! Shangela wasn't even close :o 1 Kennedy (8 points) 2 Trixie (7 points) 3 Bebe (2 points) 4 Shangela (1 point) Aja (First preference - Kennedy / Second preference - Trixie) DeLa (First preference - Kennedy / Second preference - Trixie) Chi Chi (First preference - Kennedy / Second preference - Trixie) Milk (First preference - Trixie / Second preference - Kennedy) Morgan (First preference - Bebe / Second preference - Kennedy) Thorgy (First preference - Trixie / Second preference - Shangela) Yay for RuPaul's Best Friend Race *.*
  8. Not the biggest fan of the jury twist, it completely robbed Shangela of a top two finish when she definitely had the strongest track record of the entire top four. Kennedy going down in herstory as 2nd place seems odd considering she's pretty much the most dull queen from the whole line-up :lol: She probably had the better lip sync of the top two as well to be honest but there was no way they could've given her the crown because she was very lucky to get that far in the first place. Very pleased with a Trixie win though, she's fabulous outside the show and I think she was the best in the Kitty Girl challenge too for this episode so she definitely brought it to the final. Bring on Season 10 :w00t:
  9. BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR 01. Call Me By Your Name – Armie Hammer (5,4) 02. Call Me By Your Name – Michael Stuhlbarg (3,3) 02. Manchester By The Sea – Lucas Hedges (3,3) 04. The Florida Project – Willem Dafoe (2,3) 05. The Greatest Showman – Zac Efron (2,2) 06. Wonder Woman – Chris Pine (2,1) That Call Me By Your Name reign does not let up as it takes home yet another award this year here on Buzzjack. In fact, it manages to boast the top two positions here in a category with two real-life Oscar nominees in Lucas Hedges and Willem Dafoe. It seems that Armie managed to perfectly capture how Oliver was imagined in the head's of everyone reading the book and was one of the biggest snub shock stories of this year's awards season. Stuhlbarg's expertly delivered monologue towards the end of the film helps him secure a silver medal here. Matching Stuhlbarg on first and second preference votes is Lucas Hedges who popped up on everybody's radar last year with his heartwarming and surprisingly humorous performance in Manchester by the Sea. The two more shocking nominees here being Zac Efron and Chris Pine don't fare all to well here as they land in the bottom two. I wouldn't say Efron was all that special in The Greatest Showman to be honest but I did like that Pine made it here, I just couldn't find enough space to include him in my own votes.
  10. BEST SCRIPT 01. Call Me By Your Name (7,2) 02. La La Land (4,0) 03. Manchester by the Sea (3,2) 04. Get Out (2,5) 05. The Big Sick (0,4) Oops, even the original screenplays being included here can't stop Call Me By Your Name destroying the competition again to win yet another award. We have three real Oscar screenplay winners in this category (including Call Me By Your Name) but none are no match for what is clearly an absolute Buzzjack favourite. Manchester by the Sea and Get Out are the two most recent Original Screenplay winners but even they come below La La Land which lost that very award at last year's ceremony. I wouldn't say the script is exactly the most strong thing about La La Land to be completely honest so I'm a bit shocked at it coming higher than the likes of The Big Sick and Get Out which have some of the wittiest and most clever dialogue of recent years in my opinion.
  11. BEST ADAPTATION OF A SOURCE MATERIAL 01. Call Me By Your Name (7,2) 02. Wonder (3,3) 03. Wonder Woman (3,2) 04. Thor: Ragnarok (2,3) 05. It (1,4) As Jonjo says, I think best adaptation always had a pretty obvious winner here on Buzzjack as Call Me By Your Name bags another award. I'm sure it'll have slightly more competition in the best script category where original screenplays are also in contention. The film recently just won the real life Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay so it's not just Buzzjack that can appreciate just how well James Ivory turned the book into a movie script. Wonder and It are the only two nominees based on novels or books but I've read neither of those so can't really comment on how they compare to the film versions. Both had excellent scripts though and I'd be very interested in reading them in the future (I do wish It was a bit shorter though, it looks like it would take a lifetime to read :drama:). Comic book adaptations Wonder Woman and Thor also picked up a few votes but both characters have been seen on the big screen before so we always knew they would translate well on-screen.
  12. Three more categories from me tonight if people are awake? x
  13. Josh! posted a post in a topic in Movies and Theatre
    Phase One 05.0 Iron Man 06.0 The Incredible Hulk xx.x Iron Man 2 09.0 Thor 06.5 Captain America: The First Avenger 09.0 Marvel's The Avengers Phase Two xx.x Iron Man 3 07.5 Thor: The Dark World 09.5 Captain America: The Winter Soldier 10.0 Guardians of the Galaxy 09.5 Avengers: Age of Ultron 09.0 Ant-Man Phase Three 11.0 Captain America: Civil War 09.5 Doctor Strange 10.0 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 10.0 Spider-Man: Homecoming 10.0 Thor: Ragnarok 07.5 Black Panther
  14. BEST PICTURE: NOMINEE #10 WONDER Josh Jonjo Riser Thank you to Jonjo and Jordan for those lovely commentaries :heart:
  15. BEST ENSEMBLE 01. The Greatest Showman (5,4) 02. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (5,3) 03. Get Out (3,3) 04. Pitch Perfect 3 (3,2) 05. Baby Driver (1,5) The Greatest Showman appears to be one of Buzzjack's absolute favourite movies of the past year and it manages to narrowly beat out Guardians of the Galaxy to take away the award for Best Ensemble. Aside from the music, the large cast working together so brilliantly is certainly one of the most impressive things about the film. There's not much that can put a smile on your face quite like a group of misfits singing and dancing about what makes them unique, it all makes for an incredibly uplifting movie. The cast certainly has its highlights (Keala Settle for "This Is Me" alone, of course) but the cast as a large ensemble really is special. Guardians only just misses out on gold here and the ensemble got even stronger in this instalment with the addition of Yondu, Nebula and Mantis to the team. They provided even more laugh-out-loud moments and badass powers so I can't wait to see more from this set of characters in the upcoming Avengers film.
  16. MOST UNDERRATED MOVIE 01. Hidden Figures (3,1) 02. Ingrid Goes West (3,0) 03. Gifted (2,3) 04. Wind River (2,2) 04. A Monster Calls (2,2) 06. Life (2,1) 07. Happy Death Day (1,4) As far as underrated goes, I'm not sure that box office smash hit Best Picture Academy Award nominees are the first thoughts that pop in to my mind but nevertheless Hidden Figures steals the crown here on second preference votes. Saying that, it was actually my favourite of the Best Picture line-up last year and obviously didn't win the actual award so I guess it was slightly underrated for me. I haven't personally seen Ingrid Goes West (or even a trailer for it) but I've heard great things about it from my fellow Movies co-mods here on Buzzjack so I have been meaning to catch up on it for quite a while. My own first preference vote in this was Wind River which was a really thrilling little film that went largely under the radar. In a world where the film hadn't been distributed by The Weinstein company, I'm sure it could've been much more of an awards contender - especially for its excellent script, cinematography and lead performance from Jeremy Renner.
  17. BEST PICTURE: NOMINEE #9 CALL ME BY YOUR NAME Jonjo Thank you very much to Jonjo for that lovely commentary :heart:
  18. BEST CHARACTER 01. Call Me By Your Name – Elio (6,0) 02. Wonder Woman – Wonder Woman (3,6) 03. Pitch Perfect 3 – Beca (3,2) 04. Baby Driver – Baby (2,5) 05. It – Pennywise (2,3) 06. Paddington 2 – Paddington (1,3) We see two repeat nominees from the Best Hero category here but Wonder Woman doesn't quite clinch the win here despite receiving the most overall votes. Instead, Elio from Call My Be Your Name performed by Timothée Chalamet walks home with the title of Buzzjack's favourite movie character of 2017. I imagine he is a character that a lot of Buzzjack's demographic can relate to in terms of growing up and exploring/accepting your sexuality and therefore topped the rankings of many who voted here (including me, I believe). I thought Beca was quite a shock nomination here (especially as Fat Amy is definitely my character highlight from all of the Pitch Perfect movies!) but she manages to grab the bronze medal here getting the same number of first preference votes as Wonder Woman herself! Pennywise plagued the nightmares of me for a couple of weeks after seeing the film so that's certainly testament to how strong a character he was too, I wish he had done slightly better in the votes here!
  19. BEST HERO 01. Wonder Woman – Wonder Woman (6,4) 02. Spider Man: Homecoming – Spider Man (4,4) 03. Paddington 2 – Paddington (2,1) 03. Thor: Ragnarok – Thor (2,1) 05. Star Wars 8 – Leia (1,4) There were three actual superheroes nominated in this category this year so it was always likely that one of those was going to take the award and it must come as no surprise that cultural phenomenon Wonder Woman takes home the win after the massive year she had last year. She became a box office juggernaut with her solo film and completely stole the show in Justice League as well later in the year. Marvel superheroes Thor and Spider-Man put up a good fight here too but their good looks and charm were no match for Gal Gadot's character. It seems Buzzjack is very excited to see more from those two though in the upcoming Avengers team-up film. Less literal heroes Paddington and Leia also do decently despite being slightly more inspired choices. I do hope we get to see more from Paddington in the future because I've absolutely adored both films so far, one of the sweetest movie characters ever created in my opinion :wub:
  20. This is kicking off again very shortly with me hosting for a little while. Stay tuned for more reveals :cheer:
  21. Very excited for the musical performances (Sufjan and Keala especially - Mary's song could be quite a lovely moment too *.*) Not sure if I'll be able to stay up and watch it but I'll make sure to catch all the highlights, performances, speeches and viral moments for sure (another Best Picture f*** up with those presenters?!?!? *.*)!
  22. It was nice to see DeLa leave on her own terms and she seemed pretty sure about her choice but I had really hoped she would continue to walk the entire series and snatch the win because she was by far my favourite. I was also hoping Kennedy would be booted off and Aja would be the queen to be brought back (she's always been a fave of mine anyway but I do feel her rap verse & delivery was by far the best of that group) so this episode went pretty terribly for me :cry:
  23. Josh! posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Woooo, that makes me even more excited to see the live show now. I'm especially excited to hear "Decline" live :heart: I hope they do a duet together in the main segment of the show too *.*
  24. I ended up thinking this for "New Rules" and now I'm starting to think I prefer the Initial Talk remix of "Dancing" too!?! The original is fabulous but there's just something about those synths !!! :wub:
  25. Josh! posted a post in a topic in Television
    Forgot to comment on finally seeing this, I managed to binge it in a couple of days as it is one of those shows that you just can't wait to see what happens in the next episode. Both Sarandon and Lange were absolutely fantastic and had some brilliantly bitter on-screen chemistry, there were so many gloriously sassy moments :lol: Just need to get around to watching 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?' now!!