Jump to content

UltraCruelSummer

Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by UltraCruelSummer

  1. #130-#121 130. Hey Stephen 129. Message in a Bottle 128. Stay Stay Stay 127. Renegade (Big Red Machine ft. Taylor Swift) 126. cowboy like me 125. illicit affairs 124. The Best Day 123. Nothing New (ft. Phoebe Bridgers) 122. invisible string 121. We Were Happy If you're not on any of her 2020s releases (bar Midnights), you can breathe a sigh of relief for this section x Fearless loses three tracks here. Hey Stephen is a yeehaw bop, The Best Day is a gorgeous song and We Were Happy is one of my faves from Fearless TV, another gorgeous ballad. Red also loses three here. Message in a Bottle and Stay Stay Stay are both bops but I do have to be in the right mood to enjoy them both. On the other hand, Nothing New is beautiful but is more fitting for depressing moods x Two more depart from folklore, which feels kind of weird that 6 have now left from that album considering its my fave Tay album. illicit affairs & invisible string are both great tracks, the former has a new lease of life for me after that fantastic tour version & I love the latter lyrically and it has a nice acoustic feel to it. cowboy like me departs from sister album evermore, great track but I don't adore it as much as others do. And on this ilk, Taylor's first collaboration with Big Red Machine departs a lot higher than their other one, Renegade is a bop and if it didn't sound so similar to long story short it'd probs be higher here! (btw thx for all the comments as usual <3 love hearing your thoughts on this!!)
  2. #140-#131 140. Ronan 139. Dear John 138. Maroon 137. betty 136. happiness 135. Tell Me Why 134. the lakes 133. I Bet You Think About Me (ft. Chris Stapleton) 132. Last Christmas 131. Bejeweled I wasn't originally going to include Ronan as it is an impossible song to rank, but at the end of the day it is part of her discography. Utterly heartbreaking song and one of the saddest songs ever written, which for obvious reason I don't listen to this one very much. Quite a few albums losing 2 tracks here. Another Red vault track goes with country single I Bet You Think About Me. It's a bop and nice to here country-Taylor again, and I love the video too (Miles Teller *.*). folklore loses another couple of tracks, the love it or hate it betty drops out here and so does bonus track the lakes, both great song but there's better on that album. And Midnights loses two: fan favourite Maroon and the divisive Bejeweled. I like Maroon but gotta be honest I don't get the widespread acclaim for it, and I have a love it or hate it relationship with Bejeweled, its catchy af but sometimes verges on Gorgeous can be slightly annoying level. Another fan favourite leaves here with Dear John. Gorgeous song but idk it lacks that magic for me that her other acclaimed break-up songs have. happiness is nice and as a Great Gatsby stan I adore the lyrics. Tell Me Why is a bop from Fearless and grew massively on me with Taylor's Version. And we lose her first 'album' here as the final song from her Xmas collection drops out here! (probs a lot later than it does in most people's rankings). Yes its awful but I'd be lying if I don't bop to her country-pop version of Last Christmas every single Christmas! What a joyful cover and fab bop! <3
  3. Thanks for all the comments on that section <3 Definitely seems one of a few losses and a few no one cares songs for you guys :lol:
  4. #150-#141 150. How You Get the Girl 149. Miss Americana & the Heartbreak Prince 148. Everything Has Changed (ft. Ed Sheeran) 147. Last Kiss 146. It's Nice to Have a Friend 145. Afterglow 144. Beautiful Eyes 143. Fifteen 142. peace 141. hoax We're entering 9/10 territory here so its getting towards pure love. Lover loses the most tracks here as 3 falls out. Tour opener Miss Americana just makes the top 150, its very Halsey-ish and is a bop but isn't her strongest lyrically. I'm on the side that really likes It's Nice To Have a Friend, it's a really cute song and I love the experimentation with it. Afterglow is gorgeous but is this low down cos I don't return to it too often. How You Get the Girl is the next 1989 song to depart, a bop but there's just way stronger bops on 1989 than this. Like Afterglow, Last Kiss is gorgeous but I don't have it on regular rotation. And I used to not be massive at all on Fifteen but its a very strong song lyrically and it has grown on me a lot over the years. Two childhood favourites that would be a lot higher if I did this countdown like 7/8 years ago are Everything Has Changed and Beautiful Eyes. EHC is ofc her first duet with Ed, and her 2nd to depart here. I loved this song (+ video) so much as a kid, but Ed overexposure meant I went off it for a while, but I like it again now especially for the memories. Beautiful Eyes was one of my first Taylor songs, as the B-side to Love Story in the UK, so I will always have a major soft spot for it. And folklore finally loses its first two songs here, meaning all albums have now had at least one track fall out! Peace and Hoax are both beauties but I only listen to them when I listen to folklore in full (which tbf, is still a lot!)
  5. Thank you <3 At least were in agreement on YNTCD! I think that's kinda where Dress falls a bit flat for me aha! And BTTWS is getting enough love, the fact it nearly came top 5 in the Midnights Survivor poll is enough of an overperformance x Thank you!! Yeah I've been thinking about this for so long, and I think the Era's Tour just made me go f*** it why not :lol: That'd be great to see tho if u do! Thanks guys for your continued comments <3
  6. #160-#151 160. Bye Bye Baby 159. Don't You 158. Only the Young 157. Mastermind 156. Forever Winter 155. Tolerate It 154. Gorgeous 153. You Need to Calm Down 152. Bigger Than the Whole Sky 151. White Horse Fearless loses the most tracks here. After losing its first vault track in the last section, Bye Bye Baby and Don't You fall out pretty soon after. Both are very nice tracks, but I can see why they didn't make the original album. We also lose single and fan favourite White Horse, its a beautiful song but yeah I prefer 150 other songs in her discography x In terms of vault tracks and fan favourites, we also lose Forever Winter from Red (a lovely track but again I don't return to that much) and Tolerate It from evermore (what I said about FW applies here x). Midnights also loses another couple. Mastermind is a bop and cute album closer but isn't a favourite, and Bigger Than the Whole Sky is heartbreaking and was initially higher in my Midnights rankings, but I don't really go back to it at all anymore. Only the Young is a bop but I legit forget that it exists far too often, this song probably defines Lover vault track. And we lose two divisive singles/pre-album releases here back-to-back! I loved Gorgeous at the time but it hasn't aged amazingly, the alternate lyrics were so much better than what was included on the official version. But its still a bop. I love the message of You Need to Calm Down but again the song itself is a bit of a messT (same applies to the video, love the start + the Katy moment, the 2nd verse/chorus and some of the canoes - flush). Still bop here and there but it shouldn't have been more than a promotional single! (Also I rly stan the YNTCD artwork, whew *.*)
  7. The way you’ve spilt all the tea on this page :cheeseblock:
  8. Not 2 last places so far this year, when will your faves :cheeseblock: (tho at least I’m not as blindsided as when Renee Rapp came last which still makes zero sense to me.) At least ik that buzzjack can no longer appreciate novelty as well as good pop anymore x
  9. Salute easily. Cannot believe the results atm :(
  10. #170-#161 170. Today Was a Fairytale 169. Dress 168. Crazier 167. Holy Ground 166. So It Goes... 165. All of the Girls You Loved Before 164. You All Over Me (ft. Maren Morris) 163. Christmas Must Be Something More 162. Sweet Nothing 161. It's Time To Go Reputation loses its first two tracks here, which means folklore is the only album to not lose any tracks so far! So It Goes always used to be my least fave on Rep, but I just about prefer it to Dress nowadays. Both really good tracks but by far the weakest on Rep. Also still not over So It Goes being my surprise song on tour ugh. I used to hate Today Was a Fairytale but its one of the biggest improvements with the Taylor's version, so I really like it these days! We lose another movie track with Crazier, an underrated country tune from the Hannah Montana movie. In terms of Fearless, we lose the TV lead single You All Over Me. I'm so glad Taylor collaborated with Maren Morris, who is one of my fave singers from the past few years, and she does improve the track but its not the most exciting one in her discography. Holy Ground is another fan favourite but has never been a fave of mine on Red. Its catchy af but inessential. Sweet Nothing and It's Time To Go are both very nice but I don't listen to either unless I'm listening to their albums in full. Christmas Must Be Something More, as with the rest of the Xmas album, is sung off-key but what a BOP. So so catchy and I actually heard this in stores over Xmas a couple years ago *.* And the most recent song here, All of the Girls You Loved Before, drops out here. Its very nice but obviously I haven't had much time with it (and most of the Lover songs I associate it with are going to drop out soon!)
  11. Same! ivy is one of the fan favourites that really perplexes me. And yep the Bad Blood remix will be a lot lot higher x omg.
  12. Another fantastic album! Kintsugi is stunning :heart: Also was shook at the Venice bitch sample on taco truck!!! (I have not been paying enough attention and just presumed VB was a featured artist so consider my shock when Venice Bitch came in 😂) Could really really do without the two interludes tho. (Tho ig at least they’re the lowlights of the album this time, whilst the interlude on blue banisters might genuinely compete for top half on that album 😂)
  13. You miswrote Glitch x (as my countdown in the Taylor forum of ranking all of Taylor's songs showed, go check that out guys!! #freepromo)
  14. Miracle and Flowers are both pretty good songs <3
  15. I can't get into Die For You at all
  16. I feel like I've heard this SO much recently that I actually like it more than I used to now, though I still wouldn't listen to it out of choice.
  17. Taylor would've likely been ahead of Creepin so this is unfair revenge :cry: (AH was #6 and Creepin was #8 in the mids before AH was re-set midweek!). The real revenge will be when Karma is released as a single and smashes xx
  18. People is nice enough, feel like I've not heard this much at all for a top 5 hit tho!
  19. Ceilings has FINALLY clicked with me this week, the last minute is beautiful :heart: I wish this made the top 5 this week!
  20. Boy's A Liar is a bop *.*
  21. Idc I still love As It Was :wub: I think its hit Blinding Lights territory for me atp that I just won't get bored of it no matter how overplayed it is!
  22. Nope! Its not on any of the big playlists (Hot Hits, Today's Top Hits, Apple's Top Hits) and it doesn't even show up as a new release on Taylor's Spotify page, don't believe its been sent to radio either!
  23. Eww at this blocking Taylor from top 10, a mediocre song and hope the sales gap isn't close :(
  24. Not the random creepin reset denying Taylor a top 10 spot :angry: :cry: I guess considering how many of my fave songs have peaked at #11, its fitting for Taylor to finally have one :lol: And now she just needs her lucky number 13 to complete the top 15! All of the girls you loved before is gorgeous :heart: Another masterpiece <3
  25. Red Flags is such a bop <3 Guess this will be the You Should Be Sad/She's All I Wanna Be this year which deserves top 10 but has an impressive & lengthy top 20 run <3