Lindsey.
Moderator
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: EastEnders
Everything posted by Lindsey.
-
EastEnders
Whatever it is Teddy knows about it, maybe they killed someone or something
-
EastEnders
Isn't Harry meant to be 22/23? So surely a 20 year secret came about after he was born, I really hope they don't make Ned his dad, we have far too many "that's not your dad" storylines at the moment, not to mention we already had that with Barney. What age is Ryder meant to be? He looks like a 40 year old acting like a 20 year old π
-
bjsc 189 π¦ confirm
Okay I'm gonna change my entry LMAO I hope you're ready x NEVERMIND I just realised it was sent to a spin off fml
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 β’ Boot Camp: Part One in Barcelona (Solo Female)
Omg one of my all time fave Marina songs, solidified by that one time she thought it was appropriate to sing it in front of a group of children at their school π
-
bjsc 189 π¦ confirm
This is my 99th, so still have a couple of contest's with me
-
bjsc 189 π¦ confirm
I've just confirmed a random song my brother in law played in the car yesterday π I may change it x Kinda want to send something that makes you double check it was me that actually sent it π
-
Erasing Media: Thoughts?
I think it depends on the reasoning, if it's being cut because something could cause offense then sure I'd probably agree but the BBC do have a history of cutting things just because it doesn't align with their own "values" - like Bob Vylan's Glasto set etc I think older comedy shows are a good example as there's a lot of content in some of them that are racist/homophobic/in bad taste as there was a time where shock value humour was eaten up. There are still stand up "comedians" that think making fun of certain demographics is the way forward but that's a topic for another thread π it's good when a broadcaster can recognise what isn't appropriate now that we're less ignorant (mostly). But yea they've got to be clear in what is and isn't okay otherwise they'll end up not showing anything π
-
EastEnders
Yea I knew as soon as the Hawkins moved in they'd be the next family in the Vic, Rose's comment about how the dad always dreamed of having a pub solidified that for me, I'm not really interested in that unless they have Queen Nicola as the landlady but I don't see that when she has Harry's Barn unless she sells it and goes half in with Ned
-
EastEnders
Genuinely, it seems odd that Jean, Mo and Lily and Charli didn't move into the Vic in the begining. Surely she should have bought the house from Suki before even considering buying the Vic if her immediate family weren't moving in. You'd think she'd be sending money over to Jean from Brazil as well considering she's looking after her daughter and grandkid
-
bjsc 189 π¦ confirm
The song itself isn't veto worthy afaik but it would stop me sending what I want for my 100th if I sent it this month π
-
bjsc 189 π¦ confirm
I'm so stuck, no idea what to send π
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 β’ The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Female)
Idk how anyone could put that Zara song bottom πππ
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 β’ The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Female)
Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault MARINA - Froot Adele - Rolling in the Deep Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Me and My Imagination Robyn - Hang With Me Agnes - EGO Jessie Ware - If You're Never Gonna Move Leona Lewis - Come Alive Kate Bush - The Man With the Child in His Eyes Milica PavloviΔ - Crna jutra (Balkan S&M) Dido - Take My Hand
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 β’ The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Male)
Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises HRVY - 1 Day 2 Nights Tom Grennan - Before You Sam Fender - Saturday Tom Grennan - Before You Darin feat. Kat DeLuna - Breathing Your Love Gary Numan - I Die: You Die Calvin Harris - Summer Mackenzy Mackay - London Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man Roosevelt - Take Me Back (Midnight Version)
-
Macklemore - HIND'S HALL
Speaking personally, if an artist I went to see took time out of their set to speak about DV I'd be really touched, it's something that has affected me in the past so I'd definitely feel less alone knowing someone I look up to not only understands the issue but wants to raise awareness around it as well. I get the escapism argument but that's simply not the case for everyone and of course it will depend on the particular topic being spoken about. (Sorry for the double post, I couldn't get the quote to edit into my previous reply)
-
Macklemore - HIND'S HALL
I think most fans of an artist who is knowingly vocal about their views (to any degree) will know what those views are. If they disagree to a far extent then it's probably unlikely they'll want to attend their concert. For example, it doesn't matter if he went on to release my favourite song in the world, you'd never catch me at a Chris Brown gig. If an artist choses to address something political in their set, it usually only takes up a few minutes of time, it's not like they're saying "hey I know you bought tickets to see me perform for an hour but let's scrap that entirely and delve into why I think x y z about x y z for the next 60 minutes". You don't need to agree with what they're saying but it's not a big ask (imo) to respect how they're choosing to use their platform, you can tune out for five minutes if you really don't wanna listen to it I'm sure. They're not hurting or offending anyone so I don't really see the issue.
-
The P!nk forum is closing
Add another TV show one, say EastEnders? π«’ You could have character threads, opinion polls, obscure rates etc
-
bjsc 189 π¦ nelly's drawing room
I have a song I want to send, I don't think it's veto worthy but it might cause problems for my 100th so I'll need to let the mods in on my plan to see if it's viable π
-
ADΓLA - Nicole Kidman
I love this, like a lot of people I'm sure but I feel like I shouldn't if that makes sense? Like I don't know why it's as good as it is, it seems kinda basic but it scratches my brain somehow π M
-
The P!nk forum is closing
Can't say I'm surprised really, it used to be an area I frequented a lot (I even moderated at one point π) but even then it was always on the quieter side. Laura has been brilliant though and I hope she still sticks around π©·
-
bjsc 189 π¦ nelly's drawing room
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 β’ The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Female)
Zara is coming back swinginggggg Again, I like that Marina song but it's probably not one that I'd have picked although I'm more of a Family Jewels/Electra Heart stan
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 β’ The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Male)
This is a bad round for any Calvin haters
-
Taahino β National Thread (part ii)
Another DNQ under our belt π₯³ Only one more contest left... WHAT DO I DO?!
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 β’ The Arena Auditions Results
You could have remix and covers in the same round like the reinvention spin offs as I'm sure most artists will have one or the other