Everything posted by andibob
-
Woman Like Me (feat. Nicki Minaj) • Lead Single
They really need to cut Nicki’s part when they perform this or get some sort of video screen. The Michael McIntyre performance was good when they were doing something but with Nicki’s bit being so long and the fact they don’t sing the chorus they are just hopping for most of the song!
-
The X Factor • Series 15
It will be interesting to see the reaction to Zara’s performance considering Cheryl was slated for being raunchy and dated for having a dance break... all featured here. LOL.
-
Cheryl - Love Made Me Do It
Cheryl’s vocals are hardly amazing even on recordings. She didn’t sound far off! There are far worse vocal performances from “credible” artists. I’m not surprised people have leaped at the chance to criticise her though. They’ve done it all her career.
-
iTunes Weekly Thread W/C 16th November 2018
It’s still more interesting than the actual chart half the time!
-
LM5 • 5th Studio Album
I’m going to need an extended version of Wasabi. Obsessed!
-
Cheryl - Love Made Me Do It
IM BACK ON BOARD! She owned the X Factor stage. We know she isn’t the best vocalist but she did pretty well considering she was doing a full on routine. Best guest performer of the series!
-
Strip • Promo Single
Definitely a grower. I think it takes a little too long to get to the chorus. You hear a lot of weird at once at the start. Once it kicks in it kinda makes sense.
-
Cheryl - Love Made Me Do It
LOL. It’s a good job she wasn’t in charge of single choices.
-
LM5 • 5th Studio Album
I think there are some interesting bops in the form of Joan of Arc, Wasabi and Strip (which is good when it finally gets going). I really like Monster in Me and I assume Think About Us will be released as that seems quite accessible. None of the others really stand out for me at the moment. There’s kind of a mid-tempo, doesn’t really go anywhere feel with some songs giving me early 00s American girl group vibes.
-
LM5 • 5th Studio Album
Told You So isn’t doing anything for me unfortunately. A bit skippable.
-
iTunes Weekly Thread W/C 26th October 2018
Still it’s 50 seconds of her basically patting herself on the back LOL
-
Singles with guest stars
With the discussion around Nicki’s part being too long in Woman Like Me, I thought it would be interesting to see what versions of their singles which had collaborators everyone prefers
-
FIRST IMPRESSIONS • Woman Like Me
Nicki Minaj’s part is too long. The radio edit without her is better.
-
iTunes Weekly Thread W/C 12th October 2018
Agreed.
-
Woman Like Me (feat. Nicki Minaj) • Lead Single
This. The songs were perfectly good on their own. At least this one starts with the collab instead of adding them in afterwards and making the song less good.
-
Are BBC Radio target audiences outdated?
I prefer local radio really as BBC stations don’t quite cater for me. I find a lot of the Radio 1 DJs quite irritating to be honest. I can only listen if it’s Greg James, Scott Mills or Alice Levine which is guess is my age. The same with Radio 2... it depends on the host if I tune in. Music wise both play stuff that I like alongside songs that make me turn over - either too bangy and generally devoid of melody (R1) or too fuddy duddy (R2).
-
iTunes Weekly Thread W/C 19th January 2018
Shocked at Kylie. It’s just such a blah nothingy song.
-
Girls Aloud Chart Watch: Spotify / Apple Music / iTunes
#JusticeForLifeGotCold
-
Spotify Chart Thread [Q4 2017] | Eminem #1, Ed #2 combined
And this is her day! Woop!
-
iTunes Weekly Thread W/C 15th December 2017
Especially Love Yourself.... :P
-
iTunes Weekly Thread W/C 1st December 2017
God forbid an artist aiming for the top. Anyone who aims for higher than #44 is such a total douche.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Say what?! :blink:
-
The X Factor ● Series 14 ● Live Shows Week 2
Tonight’s was good?! :huh:
-
The X Factor 2017 • Guest Performers & Chart Boosts
Yes, Harry Styles and Liam Payne. Who on earth has heard of those two?!
-
The X Factor ● Series 14 ● Live Shows Week 2
Rak-Su 10/10 Lloyd 8/10 Sam 5/10 Jack and Joel 4/10 Sean and Connor 2/10 Leon 1/10 Cutkelvins 0/10