Jump to content

andibob

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by andibob

  1. andibob posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    How exciting. Only 2 non-Christmas songs in the Top 20.
  2. andibob posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    So many people still hammering Say You Wont Let Go!
  3. It's worse than I imagined!
  4. andibob posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Well do we include Girls Aloud? They came from the first reality show to go for the Christmas number one and Cheryl was a judge that year, raising their profile. They performed Broken Strings with James Morison on their Christmas special which aired just after the X Factor final. Too far? Haha. Anyway, we can't re-write history as songs would have sold differently and we may have had different music trends. So let's just focus on this year and having 2 Christmas songs in the Top 10. Woooooo!
  5. andibob posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    It's a shame really as she has a great voice and one of few worthy of the ole Louis Walsh "you look like a popstar, you sound like a popstar" thing. We can all say it was manipulated for her to win but at the end of the day she deserved it imo. Fully agree the problem isn't her... it was the song. It really was a poor choice and even Simon admits it. Hopefully it showed you can't just give them any old rubbish. However, she went on to feature on Tears which has gone platinum so let's wait and see. They'll probably just ignore Forever Young now like Little Mix with Cannonball which is good for her. Good to see a Christmas song in the Top 3 this week. Looks like a good couple of weeks. Pity the album chart isn't what it used to be at Christmas.
  6. andibob posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    And was never released... So many songs are recorded by other people first. Doesn't mean they are covers when they're finally released.
  7. Can we just send Four of Diamonds AND Ryan home?
  8. andibob posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Wow, this post made me feel sooooo old!
  9. Those retro Top 10s are amazing!
  10. andibob posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    You mean Ugly Heart the song by manufactured girl group GRL?
  11. andibob posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Wow. Only 5k behind and still well ahead on iTunes. What a week for Little Mix!
  12. With the third version of this song they got it right! Can't help but think this is how it was intended. Love it! She is such a star. So happy it's doing well for her.
  13. I find it quite special thank you very much.
  14. It makes me sad
  15. Most people are probably glad they didn't pay for it judging by the reviews
  16. If I wanted to support my favourite artist then I'd pay for it. In fact, I own several albums despite the fact that they are available on Spotify. I think the entire release is a bit of a mess to be honest. Anyway... Yay for Sia and Yay for the not-as-good-as-the-original Fast Car thing not being #1
  17. Generic, yes. But weak vocals? I'm not a fan but he can clearly sing and sounds better than I think we've heard previously.
  18. She probably had to release on Tidal due to some contractual thing as she supported the launch, didn't she? But like, nobody cares.
  19. How young are you? The fact people don't know JT was in NSync has made me feel ancient!
  20. andibob posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Here's hoping Little Mix can stay up there and break the Top 10 next week.
  21. I actually really enjoy the Stooshe song too but it seems they're never going to happen
  22. SLAY ADELE! My favourite. Yay!
  23. Oh I enjoy this change! I hope Shawn takes the number one and Little Mix get back into that Top 10. Drop that music video girls!
  24. I don't get the whole I'll listen to / buy any old cods wallop so maybe this will result in better music all round.
  25. andibob posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    The 90s was an epic decade!