Jump to content

Dmdr

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dmdr

  1. Halo was never Leona's. Ryan explained the situation.
  2. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in The Music Lounge
    They performed Endless Love together at a Lionel Richie tribute in Vegas last night. I am a big Miguel fan so I'd love a real collab.
  3. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Her website no longer redirects you to her Facebook page, instead it says 'Coming Soon'. leonalewismusic.com I so hope that means things aren't too far away.
  4. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I really think the Katy Perry/Zedd song is great, so sad to see it struggle so much on Spotify.
  5. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Woman Like You was released and out for quite a while before their split from Syco though, so that is hardly a surprise. If it is label politics at play then hopefully RCA can remedy it.
  6. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Bizarre that Capital seem to be bypassing Little Mix's single, haven't they supported every song of theirs heavily in the past?
  7. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Maybe its the Ed Sheeran attachment that has helped.
  8. It is track 2 on Today's Top Hits though.
  9. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in Girls Aloud's Girls Aloud
    I think its clear she isn't performing.
  10. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in The Music Lounge
    A song called Good Vibes labelled as Sean Paul ft Leona has leaked, I don't know if we are allowed to post links but its easy to find. Apparently its an old track recorded during the I Am era with Toby Gad, it wasn't a song did with Sean Paul, but was later remixed with Sean's vocals unbeknownst to Leona.
  11. I think people are forgetting about something big, the death of her ex and then the split of her fiance. The album was heavily influenced by Manchester, moving on from Mac and finding love again with Pete. She stopped all promo for it to deal with her personal life. She said she started recording the new material as therapy and to have some fun with friends, if I remember right she also alluded to no longer wanting to sing about what was on Sweetener. Breathin was doing well and growing at the time she stopped promo and started recording new material. In fact part of the reason her label haven't allowed her to put out the new album yet is because Sweetener is still selling well, last week it was #13 in the US and now #18. They still want to milk some more sales out of that before allowing her to move on.
  12. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    They clearly aren't treating it as a single yet hence why they just keep calling it a 'song we love from the album' when they performed it on Graham Norton and The Brit's nominations ceremony. If it was a single already they'd have said by now and it would be on Spotify playlists etc. They are actually releasing a new version with Ty Dolla $ign for the single release.
  13. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in The Music Lounge
    k_gby8MJP0Y
  14. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    I love the EP for the vocals and Hurt gave us X Factor and Royal Variety, which I rate amongst her best live vocals, but I think it was another knock to her 'credibility' and allowed people to throw out the usual 'oh look another cover' line.
  15. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    I see a lot of love for Power but I have never got it, I skip it mostly. Actually I tend to skip I Am tracks when they come on, occasionally when I am in the right mood the only tracks I wouldn't skip are these, You Knew Me When I Am Ladders I Got You Essence Of Me Another Love Song Thick Skin
  16. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    I honestly believe they could have pushed 5 singles, which I know is a rare thing back then, if they actually put the effort in. I would have done the following: 1st - Glassheart 2nd - Come Alive 3rd - Trouble 4th - Fireflies 5th - Sugar Honorable mentions to Shake You Up and Un Love Me which could have also worked as singles under the right circumstances.
  17. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    I have just went back and relistened to Sugar and boy that would have made a great single. Starting to feel angry again about the huge missed potential of the whole Glassheart album.
  18. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    It's crazy to me that songs are still restricted worldwide, I just don't get it, Also Sugar is incredible, I'll not hear a bad word about it. :P
  19. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    How does Spotify work for international tracklistings? Naked is on the UK album but not the US, so does it not appear on Spotify US or what? Does anyone know. Also I still believe to this day Naked could have been a great 3rd/4th single, Happy wouldn't have been the lead.
  20. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in The Music Lounge
    Eddie Redmayne stanning Leona in a recent interview. :lol: https://www.wmagazine.com/story/eddie-redma...-interview-2019
  21. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Leona was also at Syco, they decide if/when/what singles get released. Promo was decent for Trouble and she has managed One Direction and presumably learned a lot and made a tonne more connections since she was last with Leona.
  22. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    I have confidence in Nicola, even though there obviously hasn't been much going on since the last album I think the things Nicola has done have been great.
  23. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    So this has sold more this year than any other year, is that definitely right or have I made a mistake somewhere? OMS - 2013 - Sales total - 131,000 OMS - 2014 - Sales total - 160,000 (+29,000) OMS - 2015 - Sales total - 191,000 (+31,000) OMS - 2016 - Sales total - 235,000 (+44,000) OMS - 2017 - Sales total - 329,000 (+94,000) OMS - 2018 - Sales total - 535,000 (+206,000)
  24. Dmdr posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Oh please, please, please stay top 10 tomorrow!!
  25. Oh that is surprising, Love Underneath The Tree. I wonder if Leona is affected with the song in a way being 'out of date' come the 25th.