Everything posted by jord
-
petal. • 8th Album
Just over 5 hours to go!! I’ve been in such a confessions ii era this whole month that I haven’t actually done a full discography listen with Ariana (I will before the tour) but I’ll probably play petal a LOT across this weekend! It’s always exciting going into an album almost blind as well (I feel like Ariana’s last three albums now I’ve had this feeling what almost makes it more exciting). A new era is upon us!
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Just seen an Insta add with Sam promoting Rein Me In from his store for 59p. Could be close (and almost don’t know what I’d rather). Ariana come through next week and prevent both 😆
-
petal. • 8th Album
Is this a 5am release? ❣️
-
Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades
I’m always here for Miley too! I think she’s genuinely so underrated and she really knows how to make all of her albums different which makes her pretty exciting to me ❣️.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I kinda expected Charli to be on more in terms of her physical sales I thought she’d be on around double what she is now (purely just because BRAT was huge and I felt like her fanbase / presence grew a lot) I was expecting similar figures to what RAYE did earlier on in the year. I know we also had the Great Expectations album too but this is kinda the direct follow up to BRAT and soundtracks are very hit and miss on how they do even with huge stars.
-
Confessions II ● 15th album
Everything is the one I’ve paid more attention to on further listens. I think there’s something about the final half of the song and the climax of how it ends and Love Sensation begins I kind of just feel something with the production / the spoken word ending and the transition.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Shania stans get streaming and buying!! to be fair though, #3 is actually really impressive for an artist who’s been around the length of time she has! And I think she’ll probably overtake Snow Patrol. Also so wild to think Charli who for so long felt like someone who’d be lucky to chart top 10 at all on the albums is now potentially going have 4 #1 albums (like the joint most for British women right?!) and getting another top 40 single too.
-
petal. • 8th Album
Annual leave secured for Friday! Album releases for my favourites always warrant a days leave but it was tricky getting this day with it also being peak leave with school holidays but I can listen freely on Friday ❣️🤩
-
f - Lady Gaga General Discussion (Part 2)
I’m not a massive Beyoncé fan at all so I can’t say she’s high up on my list of who I’d want Gaga to work with (especially as they have two collabs already) BUT I do think it would be a real moment if they did come together again as they are both forces (and one thing I can’t critique Beyoncé on is her entertainer status or versatility). I think I’d probably rather Gaga be a feature on the new Beyoncé album though rather than a B-Day remix (that’s rumoured to be rock right the next full length B album?).
-
Whatever happened to the Number One? Does the biggest song even matter anymore?
Madonna’s Finally Enough Love also always charts week on week these days now (but it’s a remix album so it’s almost definitely Celebration or Immaculate Collection what should be getting the streams).
-
Whatever happened to the Number One? Does the biggest song even matter anymore?
Another thing what’s different these days too is the albums chart longevity! It used to be very rare (I believe so anyways I only base this by being a geek and using the OCC site for chart runs) but it seemed rare for albums to get to 100+ weeks on the chart but it feels like it happens more often now for the streaming friendly artists. Like for example Olivia’s SOUR and GUTS have only had a few weeks where it’s not been top 40 since its release, all of Billies albums have 100+ weeks! The new girls have more albums chart top 40 weeks to acts who were around decades earlier which feels crazy to me but it’s perhaps just a sign of the times now and how the charts work now.
-
Whatever happened to the Number One? Does the biggest song even matter anymore?
I do get what you mean but a lot of record breaking esque singles / albums are exactly of that description to me anyways!
-
What will petal sell in week one?
We’re now in the immediate days before release! Any updated predictions anyone?
-
Whatever happened to the Number One? Does the biggest song even matter anymore?
This is an interesting topic! It’s a tricky one trying to think of it not as someone who actively follows the charts and has always done so I half assume everyone else does 🫠. These days though (Mainly since streaming) hits can be huge but have lower peaks. Even Ariana with tracks like Break Free and Into You what missed the top ten but they’re more recognisable than some of her #1s. In the sales era especially with pop acts peaks felt very important and missing the top 10 (or even #1) could be seen as a major under performance but these days it’s more about the longevity and peaks almost matter less overall. I don’t know what rules the charts could make to make things any different or what could happen to make the top ends of the chart a little faster in terms of turnover. I will however say that I do think Rein Me In is one of those songs non chart followers are very aware of though (I can only base this off my mam who knows the song and she’s as far from a follower as you can get! So that’s kinda how I can tell if something has crossed over to the general public).
-
'Paparazzi' • 3rd Single Thread
Need this to start getting in excess of 1M a day! I think it’s held up so well and could still be a hit now. The MAYHEM Ball has made me fall in love with it again even more over the last year or so but I think it’s easily the best written song on The Fame (and would the biggest hit in today’s chart if the album was released today).
-
Shania Twain - Little Miss Twain
I’ve just bought a copy of this now from her store with the signed insert! Helping out her first week in case the chart battle is close!
-
Shania Twain - Little Miss Twain
In regards to her debut album though she pretty much erases that from her discography due to it bar one track essentially being a covers album! A Shania rate would be a good idea if there was enough interest though!
-
Shania Twain - Little Miss Twain
This is a lot more in the vein of Come on Over and Up were I’d say off first listen! It’s definitely a strong listen and her voice sounds pretty decent on the ballads of the album too.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I’d much much rather Shania get it over Charli but I have a feeling Charli might edge it?! BRAT was huge and I think she’ll get a lot of casual streamers this time around plus this is kind of the actual follow up to BRAT in terms to this being a studio album. I was thinking Charli would be an easy #1!
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 24/07/26
I don’t know how this Charli album will do in the long run but that’s pretty good for an artist of her calibre I’d say. Ariana to hopefully save us next week!
-
Shania Twain - Little Miss Twain
I gave this a listen on my weekly Saturday long walk today and found it pretty strong! It’s got some pretty personal lyrics but it’s got some of that personality what’s in the Come on Over / UP albums. An enjoyable listen.
-
Gracie Abrams - Daughter From Hell
This weeks UK #1 album! Gracie’s second UK chart topping album! 🇬🇧
-
Shania Twain - Little Miss Twain
The Harry shows must’ve given some form of pre orders boost or made people aware that a new album was coming?! I think she should be set for top 5!
-
Bruno Mars - The Romantic
#25 in the UK this week! Tour impact!
-
eternal sunshine • 7th Album
A week from matching My Everythings top 100 weeks total now! I think it will probably get there but I do expect a boost for My Everything and Dangerous Woman when she’s in London!