Everything posted by jord
-
Rihanna's UK certifications (updated version)
The song what introduced the world to Rihanna! 1.8m feels huge for it but I do think it’s a track what you hear quite often on nights out and it’s kind of aged pretty well too. I don’t return it that much though but i do enjoy it when I hear it!
-
Music, Fashion, Film • 8th Album
I don’t think this is for me personally! I just don’t really fully understand it and maybe it’s a me thing 😆 There’s interesting production moments on there and when you look at the lyrics there are some deep cut type moments on there but it’s just vocally for me it sounds really bad (like Charlis never been a Celine type act with vocals) but she’s never sounded this bad. I kind of feel it’s intentional to feel / sound this way and the contrast feels the opposite to BRAT which felt more over the top but yeah…. I might give it another listen to see if feelings change.
-
'The Fame' ● Album Discussion Thread ● Part 2
Also it’s the 14th biggest studio album ever (6 compilations / GHits style albums ahead)!! What a massive accolade for her! With the way sales are right now too it’s likely gonna remain one of the top albums ever for pretty much the whole of time ❣️ streaming party to celebrate!
-
'The Fame' ● Album Discussion Thread ● Part 2
20th best selling album of all time on the UK albums chart! Full list: https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/biggest-albums-all-time-uk/ It’s the 5th biggest female album ever (4th in terms of just studio albums), the highest selling international (non UK) female studio album, highest selling female debut album (UK or international)!
-
Least Fave Lady Gaga Single Round 24
Abracadabra has finished far too highly as great as it is I think there’s far far stronger on MAYHEM (two of which went rounds ago!)
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 17/07/26
That month it spent at #35!
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 17/07/26
I’d be very much for Ella Langley getting the #1 but I’m happy enough with how well it’s done so far! Ariana I think could get another #1 with the second single but it may not be guaranteed! She’s probably what stands the best chance though!
-
Die With A Smile (with Bruno Mars) ● 1st single
Bruno has 6 shows in London (I think he played show one on Saturday) and he’s here until end of the month (28th I believe)! So it’s good to see his tour has given it a boost! His show is incredible for anyone who is attending too!
-
Bruno Mars - The Romantic
London shows impact for this show it’s at #47 on the Monday update! Hopefully it can sneak back top 40 by end of the week but at least it’s made a return to the chart! I still think it’s a great album and that Dance With Me could really take off if they push It.
-
Madonna ● general discussion
If anyone’s up Madonna at the BBC is on at 1am on BBC TWO.
-
Gracie Abrams - Daughter From Hell
Reviews for this aren’t that great but I actually liked it myself! I think it’s almost heading towards what Taylor did with folklore / evermore in places but lyrically I do think she has quite a knack / talent. A tad samey in places but it was a nice listen and I’ll probably give it another listen as the week goes on.
-
Ariana Grande • General Discussion
The press will give her such a rough ride over this regardless if she is or isn't but I hope she's happy! She's been changing the thank u, next lyric what's about Ricky but that could just be a way of trolling the situation as she can have fun like this 😄. Ricky suits her way more than what Ethan ever did though.
-
'Bad Romance' ● 1st Single Thread
England are playing France for third place on Saturday so hopefully we can get a UK rise if England win that game. But it's less of a crucial game as what the Spain game was as none of us can actually win the WC outright but here's hoping!
-
Lana Del Rey - Stove
I'm always here to give Lana a chance as when she gets it right for me she really gets it right! I wonder if the albums will be released on the same day (like what Drake did) or if they'll drop separately. The post makes it seem like they're two separate projects though and not a combined body (like The Anthology). Her last full length album was one of her best for me so I wouldn't be mad if the albums were within that vein (I mean Lana kind of has her own genre in a sense).
-
Friday Chart Predictions
The chart Stan in me is definitely relived that Wonderwall and 3 Lions are gonna have a drop (although Wonderwall tends to stream decently enough anyways)! I know Rein Me In gets a slating but I’d definitely take that getting extra weeks than 3 Lions having another run or Wonderwall eventually getting the #1. Hoping we get a faster turnover at some point though at the start of the year it actually looked promising too!
-
Confessions II ● 15th album
Top ten secured!!! I’d imagine the showing at #31 should be combined by Friday and that one edition is just being counted separately to the main album as of now? Even #31 wouldn’t be that disastrous for a Madonna album in week 2 though!
-
'Bad Romance' ● 1st Single Thread
Oh Godga get that viral smash!
-
Madonna ● general discussion
I had a semi viral by my standards tweet re that post because it’s wild that someone would say two of her best performing albums of her whole career essentially did s***. Even American Life was only an underperforming album because it was her but compared to other artists it was successful!! Also seeing all these stats of Confessions II and how many #1s Madonna has in multiple territories on both charts! She really is the queen. I know she’s been called that pretty much my whole life and I was always aware of her UK stats being a major chart follower here but actually delving into her worldwide stats and seeing the sales, peaks and accolades across the world is staggering like compared to her females who debuted at her time there’s zero comparison!
-
Confessions II ● 15th album
I don’t know what the OCC would do either maybes a whole new entry but I’d also purchase! Unrelated but did the OG Confessions ever release that 20 years edition on CD I’d love a copy if so but couldn’t locate one anywhere in my HMV.
-
Wild wild thoughts inc.
Rihanna actually performed last night!!! Makes a change to be posting something musical related here!
-
Confessions II ● 15th album
So happy she got the US #1 album and reached the milestone tenth #1 album there! She's the only female act to have at least ten #1 singles and albums both here in the UK and in the USA (Taylors the only female to have ten US #1 singles and albums besides Madonna too). This eras been such a triumph and it goes to show you that regardless of age when the material is actually strong people will support you!
-
EastEnders
I feel like Zoe should’ve probably been recast years ago and she might’ve been a much more successful character if that had been the case. Michelle turned down many opportunities to return and you can only imagine that she turned down genuinely great stories too. I don’t know if it’s Michelle herself or the stories she had since coming back but it’s just all been really awful. I won’t miss the character but I imagine it’s a shortsighted decision and the death will be some sort of random stunt / accident (well not a long running issue based death story at any rate). Jessie will probably be fuming though ☠️
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 10/07/26
England related songs all likely to get a big increase 😅. Can they find a way to get something good tied to the game somehow get Cheryl’s Fight for This Love to become our new anthem with a performance at the next game 😉
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 10/07/26
Ella for #1! I’m always in two minds re 3 Lions obviously England winning would be lovely but from a chart perspective I’d rather they didn’t 🫠
-
Favourite Michael Jackson album?
So I have a ranking of the main 6 albums and some thoughts! I just wanna say firstly that all 6 albums are strong in their own way and that there’s 5 brilliant albums here and one almost brilliant album! (I also enjoy Xscape but don’t count it here and the first 4 albums may as well be the same album and I don’t think really contain anything iconic or majorly what we know of MJ in his king of pop era) Bad - all killer, no filler. One of the best pop albums ever. Maybe my fave male artist album of all time. It really is that good. If I was to ever get anyone who’s never heard a MJ album to play one of his albums this is the one I’d choose every time. Dangerous a brilliant follow up album! Love pretty every song on this too and the later half of the album especially slaps. I always used to have mixed feelings on Heal The World which led to me Always saying Bad was my favourite above that but even that songs grew on me a lot and I think MJ was ahead of time on the whole climate love songs in that era. Off The Wall - I think this has more of a hunger to Thriller. This is an artist wanting to show us all what they’re capable of. Love the vocals on this album and how it’s to the point but actually varied for a short album. I think there’s a timelessness to this album too. Thriller - Definitely iconic but for me not his best! I can see why it was so huge but I think there’s a slight feeling of him ever so slightly holding back on this album. Invincible - An album what probably contains the least iconic songs but i do prefer it to HIstory as i don’t think there’s any skips on here. There’s elements of hiphop on the album what I think are ahead of time for when it was released and I think there’s an overall stronger theme on this to what there was on HIstory too where it doesn’t feel as pretentious. Lyrically this touches upon his extreme fame and media struggles more than other albums what made it a powerful listen. HIstory - An album what has some high-highs and passionate and powerful vocals. I think there’s a great 10/11 track album here but there’s just a few too many tracks on the album for me and the covers don’t add anything to the album for me. His only album I’d argue that there could’ve been some cuts made.