Everything posted by jord
-
What is the first song you really despised?
There could be some songs released earlier than this but the one what always comes to mind straight away is That's Not My Name by the Ting Tings š
-
SIENNA SPIRO - Visitor
I think the album could do really well overall and I do agree you perhaps need to sit with it. I think sheās the sort of artist who has appeal to all ages too because she has that vocalist vibe and a vintage feel to her (a bit like Olivia Dean). I genuinely think she has it all in her favour to transcend and be huge i think she needs that one hit to be her āMan I Needā but itās all going good for her so far. Sheād have likely gotten the number one album if she released it another week and her team done a push but her sales are pretty decent regardless! And I think longevity will be manageable with having a few songs what attracted decent streams here. I kinda slept on the album with being in Madonna mode but this proved a welcome break and I already want to hear it again which is a good sign.
-
Girls Aloud - Tangled Up
Am I right at the time that Canāt Speak French wasnāt that popular with the fans and that they wanted another single pushed? I could be thinking about someone else here (or another album of theirs)! I think Girl Overboard couldāve been hit but I feel like the singles chosen were all chosen for a reason. Call The Shots worked perfectly as a follow up to Sexy! No No No and was their most mature sounding release at the time and I think Canāt Speak French was a great follow up. I remember the radio 1 chart show often playing the French version too!
-
SIENNA SPIRO - Visitor
This is really solid! Really liked it and I think her voice is great. Definitely one Iāll play again! Hard to actually pick out a stand out but I think her voice especially shone on Mono No Aware. I can see this lasting a long time on the charts if they play it right I think sheās one song away form having that moment what fully transcends her.
-
Girls Aloud - Tangled Up
Looks like the original artwork remains!
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Hoping Danceteria stays top 40!! iTunes push could be needed but I canāt think of 8 songs what could push ahead today and tomorrow?! Still incredible to see her #1 on albums midweeks and be within realm of getting another top 40 this era.
-
What Madonna era does Confessions II remind you of most?
So now that weāre all getting a bit more used to Confessions II, I thought Iād ask the forum what era the album / era from her catalogue the new album reminds people of most in terms of sound. Obviously the title and Stuart being heavily involved may have made us think it could be closer to Confessions on a Dancefloor than anything else sheās done but for me personally I donāt think it sounds anything like the first one! I think Itās like a cross between Erotica in her vocals and production with hints of the experimental nature of the Music eras album tracks. Thereās also little hints of Ray of Light in certain trackās vulnerability (more the later half of the track list I hear this i.e Fragile, The Test inpaticular). Interested to hear what others think initially?
-
Confessions II ā 15th album
I genuinely think sheās getting a GRAMMY this era too. I posted it the first time I heard it and Iām sticking with the prediction that sheās going to get one or at the very least pick up nominations. EDIT: Interestingly the Confessions Tour was the last time she picked up a GRAMMY award! Celebration was her last nomination.
-
UK Chart Runs & Sales
Pre Confessions II impact Across all her albums Madonna has spent 674 weeks in the UK Top 40 and 1180 weeks on the top 75! The Immaculate Collection is her longest runner overall with 363 weeks top 100. Studio album wise itās Like A Virgin (152 weeks) with Ray of Light (138 weeks) and her debut album on (125 weeks). If it becomes a mainstay like i think it could Finally Enough Love will probably eventually get to the 100 weeks mark on the chart! Itās on 77 weeks top 100 at the moment and seems to be her ācatalogue/hitsā album what gets the chart placement week on week. (Should be celebration!!!) Also insane that studio album wise her debut album is her only one not to chart at either #1 or #2 here like thatās an impressive streak. Also just for geek purposes this is her top 40/100 weeks for studio albums. Madonna - PEAK #6 (two consecutive weeks at #6) 33 weeks top 40 / 125 weeks top 100 Like a Virgin - PEAK #1 (2 non consecutive weeks) 83 weeks top 40 / 153 weeks top 100 spent a week at #60 on separate chart entry in 2016 True Blue - PEAK #1 (6 consecutive weeks) 68 weeks top 40 / 90 weeks top 100 Like a Prayer - PEAK #1 (2 consecutive weeks) 42 weeks top 40 / 73 weeks top 100 Erotica - PEAK #2 (3 consecutive weeks) 19 weeks top 40 / 39 weeks top 100 Bedtime Stories - PEAK #2 20 weeks top 40 / 31 weeks top 100 Ray of Light - PEAK #1 (2 consecutive weeks) 83 weeks top 40 / 138 weeks top 100 Music - PEAK #1 (2 consecutive weeks) 44 weeks top 40 / 73 weeks top 100 American Life - PEAK #1 (1 week) 11 weeks top 40 / 20 weeks top 100 Confessions on a Dancefloor - PEAK #1 (2 consecutive weeks) 28 weeks top 40 / 54 weeks top 100 Hard Candy - PEAK #1 (1 week) 22 weeks top 40 / 26 weeks top 100 MDNA - PEAK #1 (1 week) 8 weeks top 40 / 12 weeks top 100 Rebel Heart - PEAK #2 8 weeks top 40 / 12 weeks top 100 Madame X - PEAK #2 3 weeks top 40 / 5 weeks top 100
-
Girls Aloud - Tangled Up
oh so the ā20 yearā anniversaries are continuing but a year ahead of time for this one! Many think this is their best album so i expect there to be a bit of interest for this! Iāll be collecting it too if this is indeed a teaser for the anniversary / deluxe edition. Hopefully we finally get a good album cover for this on streaming too š
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 03/07/26
Thereās only 3 weeks Friday to go so hopefully something from petal gets pushed on the 31st! I half feel like out of nowhere at some point this year weāre gonna get a flood of new releases by different artists all at once and weāll get battles for the top spot to make up for the #1 hogging which would feel so typical.
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 03/07/26
The singles chart is a bit of a borefest lately. Hopefully Ariana drops the second petal single before the album release and challenges for another #1 even just for a week. Itās a shame Olivia missed out with āstupid songā too. The Worldcup hype should soon die off soon enough though unless England pull of another win on Saturday.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I knew I was missing someone and couldnāt think Of whom it was! Thanks for clarifying anyways!
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I was just thinking here should Madonna get the #1 album would she be the oldest female to get a #1 album with a new studio album? I know Vera Lynn has the overall record but that was with a Greatest Hits album! Just curious here.
-
Favourite Michael Jackson album?
I still need to hear Invincible again in full and then Iāll know my rank of the āmain 6 albumsā letās say. His first 4 albums are hard to separate really as theyāre very much of the same and definitely not the MJ we know and love and what had his stamp over them. Iāll give Invincible a spin once I can pull myself away from Madonna and then do my ranking though.
-
'Madame X' ⢠album discussion
With Confessions II dropping I seen many publications do rankings of Madonnaās studio albums across the week and this always seems to be dead last in most peopleās rankings. I still think that it was (at the time) her best body of work since Confessions 1.0 and itās one of her most ambitious albums to date. Itās definitely a bit bat s*** crazy at times and I feel like the promo perhaps didnāt go as planned (the eyepatch seemed to go down badly too) but I genuinely think the album itself feels like an album and I donāt think you can perhaps say that as such about MDNA and Rebel Heart.
-
Danceteria ⢠2nd single (remix with Charli XCX)
Keep pushing!! We can do this hoping the Madonna Stan accounts keep pushing through the week too.
-
Confessions II ā 15th album
I Definitely see what other people are saying with my comment that the first Confessions album felt like the follow up and agree with what people are saying now with this following music trends after that was released. I guess I mainly meant as a body of work the first Confessions feels more within a set theme with the style of music itās not perhaps got as much as variety as what this album does but this album is fantastic! I think us stans did know she still had it in her to put out something like this again but itās still mighty impressive just how bold and creative she is even now! The queen for a reason.
-
What Confessions II variants have you purchased?
Iāve bought the FILM Version on iTunes now as well as the version with all the instrumentals. 6 editions bought now!
-
Confessions II ā 15th album
Now you put it like this! I think I take that back! I see what you mean here. I definitely hear more of the music she did in the 90s and to an extent Music than I do Confessions but I think the Confessions II title was a very smart move and lyrically it does fit.
-
Confessions II ā 15th album
Also this is by no means a critique but does anyone else feel like the OG Confessions album feels like the follow up to this album. Sonically as a whole piece this albums much more like her work from before that era itās like the vocals of Erotica, the rawness and vulnerability in lyrics of Ray of Light with moments that resemble Music era album tracks. Iām genuinely obsessed with this album, my album of the year so far. Also think the album name was genius in retrospect itās led to so many people checking out the album. I know she was in a slightly better position and had goodwill but I definitely think the album name attracted more streams and got more people on board. Everything so far this era has just been tick, tick, tick. Iāve prayed for a Madonna era like this in my adult life.
-
Confessions II ā 15th album
Thatās 5 editions of the album I have now. Had to get it at the Ā£3.99 tag what a bargain.
-
Danceteria ⢠2nd single (remix with Charli XCX)
I hope this makes it in especially with the World Cup! Come on Madonna!! Would be such a feat to have a solo top 40 again and an era with 2 top 40 singles again! (Poor Madame X her only studio album without a top 40 to its name).
-
'True Blue' ⢠album discussion
The songs always sounded more like a Kylie song to me whatās not at all a critique but even when I think of 80s Madonna this track stands out as one thatās not very typical Madonna and more on the cutesy esque side. I do love the song though (and video!).
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 03/07/26
Apologies on that one there. I didnāt think! š«