Everything posted by jord
-
Loreen - WILDFIRE
I really enjoyed this as an album on first listen too!
-
RAYE - THIS MUSIC MAY CONTAIN HOPE.
What an album! I’ll need several listens to fully digest this and post a review but it’s been a while since an album fully took me on a ride like this. It’s almost like a full on theatre show in an album the stories, the narratives throughout, the production and how many genres the album has too. I don’t quite know how mainstream it is but i urge people to hear this. What a unique talent RAYE really is!
-
Die With A Smile (with Bruno Mars) ● 1st single
Hope it can get to a year on the top 40! What an enduring smash though! 10 weeks until it matches what Poker Face spent in terms of the top 100 too! Shallow is quite a bit ahead on that front but In terms of the top 40 this now 19 weeks ahead of that!
-
'The Fame' ● Album Discussion Thread ● Part 2
Frustratingly close to another week top 40 this week! I think it’s likely to sneak in again this year hopefully! At least it’s a staple within the top 75 now though. She should get to 500 weeks top 75 across her discography soon! Also The Fame is very soon to get to 400 weeks top 100 (longest charting non British female debut album?!)
-
Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded // 3rd album re-release
Top 40 this week!!! First week in the top 40 since (I believe)… 2009!! 84th week top 40! Huge!
-
Live to Tell ● 40 years on
One of her best ballads! I also think it’s aged very well like it has a timeless feel about it but I think there’s something about the production where it feels like it’s something what could be sampled in today’s charts pretty successfully. I first become aware of this track due to the performance of it on the Confessions tour so I remember being taken aback slightly when I heard the actual track.
-
Rihanna's UK certifications (updated version)
Stay is one of my very favourites from her so pleasing to see it so highly here! 5 of her 8 lead singles appearing here is pretty impressive too when you consider her vast amount of of singles and collaborations. I hope something else manages to overtake Love The Way You Lie to #1 not that I dislike it but I prefer everything else in that top 7! S&M is a banger though still remember when I first heard that! Work and Wild Thoughts I very rarely revisit..!
-
Rihanna's UK certifications (updated version)
I know right! We’d be on at least 50 and we might've been close to Madonna’s UK #1s tally too.
-
Was Britney a massive success in the UK?
Welcome to the forum! Britney was huge in the UK (perhaps not in the way she was in the US) but she was definitely huge here (I’d say she had major success with her first four albums and then Blackout and Circus she was also still up there but not to the extent of her previous eras) and then from there on it was more a case of her stans were there and the general public’s interest wasn’t as high. It’s interesting looking at peak era sales because you probably would assume that her debut album was much bigger than what it was in the UK (but it was still culturally huge). Interesting that she also never had a UK #1 album! I think artists like P!nk and Beyoncé sustained career longevity and remained major forces in the UK for longer than what Britney did but it definitely doesn’t takeaway from the fact that she definitely was a major music icon here. We see this because her greatest hits album charts week on week in the UK and many artists of her generation have greatest hits album what aren’t charting here week on week so that’s a way of looking at it!
-
Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande - Rain On Me ● 2nd single
I don’t have Spotify and I may have asked this before but do tracks like say Telephone and Paparazzi as examples have much bigger play-listing reaches which is why the daily numbers for those tracks are higher? Also yes to the Karaoke! This is one of those duets where I could happily be either artist although I’d always fight to be Gaga 😅.
-
Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande - Rain On Me ● 2nd single
I hope that in time this gets its cultural appeal flowers and gets the daily streams Telephone gets. It felt really huge at the time but then it hasn’t held up the way some of her other huge hits have all these years later amongst the GP. I definitely think it’s a fan favourite though and I’m also very much hoping her and Ariana work together again for a follow up! Italian queens coming together.
-
'The Fame' ● Album Discussion Thread ● Part 2
#47 this week in the UK! It’s highest position in 20 weeks! Hoping for some more weeks top 40 this year hopefully new music or a boost somewhere sees the album get that boost!
-
Least Fave Lady Gaga Single Round 4
There’s no way I’ll Never Love Again is the worst track here. Ken DO SOMETHING 🤣 (In all seriousness though this ranking already shows just how strong her discography is and how difficult it is even in the early stages to chose two songs)
-
Teenage Dream • Album #2 Discussion
Back inside the UK Top 40 this week!
-
Ariana Grande - UK Chart Runs, Sales & Discussion
Bang Bang is one for me what actually got better as the years went on. IIRC she actually recorded it solo first didn’t she? Would love to see how that version sounded but I think her and Jessie both sound great in it and as for someone who’s never been that fond of Nicki this is one of her better collaborative tracks. I still think this is possibly the closest thing to the Moulin Rouge all female Lady Marmalade cover to come out since that track where an all female collab (of 3 or more artists) popped off and felt like a huge event.
-
Wild wild thoughts inc.
I was meaning to post about this and just couldn’t muster the words. What a scary time for her. I hope that she’s ok and her family too and hopefully there’s more stringent security around her for the foreseeable especially with her having three very young children. Thankful nobody was injured but this should never have happened.
-
Rihanna's UK certifications (updated version)
44 platinum tracks is genuinely mind blowing! What a discography. It’s insane how well her catalogue still does! 10 tracks on at least 2.4m too! Wild Thoughts is nowhere near top 10 of her discography but still brilliant. 🤩
-
P!nk
The Sun is reporting that album 10 isn’t too far away and that P!nk is to be the first female artist to get a Las Vegas residency at The Sphere!
-
Funhouse [Album Thread]
I gave this a full album listen over the weekend and it was just as fantastic as I remember! I remember my stan mode in this era helped be this being where I seen her live for the first time too on the accompanying tour. Her first UK #1 album too!
-
Least Fave Lady Gaga Single Round 4
Stupid Love and G.U.Y!
-
Lady Gaga - UK Chart Runs & Sales
Gaga’s reached the 450 weeks milestone on the UK top 75 albums chart over her whole career (although this doesn’t include A Star Is Born! ).
-
The Mayhem Ball 2025-2026
Oh Godga It’s not too late to make it a single! I actually loved hearing it like that!
-
Mayhem ● 7th album
Hopefully it returns to the UK chart one day too ❣️. I still adore this album though. What a wild year it’s been experiencing this era as a stan all these years later.
-
Ranking Madonna's #1's
Like A Prayer Frozen Hung Up Vogue Papa Don’t Preach Sorry La Isla Bonita True Blue 4 Minutes Music Into The Groove American Pie Who’s That Girl This was quite tricky and I think it’s changed over time too! I listen to the top 7 here quite a lot and even my 8-11 I’d say I listen to a fair bit. I feel quite mean putting Into The Groove that low but it’s more that everything else is so strong (so here for more of her hits getting chart revivals though!). True Blue the song I’d say feels like an under appreciated gem for me of her 80s tracks. I think a fair few of her non #1s are likely more remembered but I’ve always loved that song and video a more cutesy side to Madonna but one I like! The top 5 here I think are all major cross generational smashes though. Frozen feels like it’s one of her fan favourites and one what my generation are more aware of too. What strikes me at this list too is just how versatile and how different these songs are. Thinking the Madonna of Into The Groove would produce something like Vogue who’d go onto so something like Frozen!
-
Bruno Mars - The Romantic
#6 on today’s chart midweek… and ahead of the Gorillaz at this stage! Should hold up decently and could possibly get another week top 5 providing how the non-Harry albums what are new entries hold up through the week!