Everything posted by jord
-
Casualty
Echoing all of the above there Lewis! Melanie Hill is brilliant in this and showcasing what an actress she is. Really liking the new additions to the cast too and like you say the CQC involvement to this series has added something unique and made the series feel more tense. I think the cast is pretty strong and tight my only niggle this block of episodes is that my fellow Geordie Nicole hasn’t had a lot to do yet so I’m hoping we see more of her! I’ve always loved Casualty but it does feel very strong at the moment a rare show where there isn’t a real weak link amongst the cast and I don’t just watch out of habit as can be the case with long running shows and the soaps, like I actively look forward to each episode!
- P!nk
-
Ian Huntley has died in prison
I feel for his family (including his daughter) and more than anyone else in all this I just hope the British press respect the families of Holly and Jessica as this case is about to be right back within the media again. That’s my only real take of this.
-
Harry Styles - Kiss All the Time. Disco, Occasionally.
I’ve gave it a listen and I liked it more than I thought I would have. At first it doesn’t feel like the pace of the album is going to change much but the second half of the album begins to offer something more different. Pop was also my highlight too. I need to give it another listen but I did find it quite enjoyable. Season 2 Weight Loss is where the album begins to take off for me though. Pop has potential to be a post album smash though! I don’t imagine this will do quite as well as Harry’s House or Fine Line but he’s at a stage in his career where he can experiment and it’s quite good he did. I also feel like this could be a grower as well.
-
Bruno Mars - The Romantic
Debuts at #3 in the UK behind Gorillaz #1 and Olivia Dean who was #2! Risk It All entered at #15 today here too. I Just Might climbed to #6. So his solo albums here have either been #1 or #3! Here’s hoping it builds up a decent enough chart run. Doo-Wops & Hooligans is also top 40 again this week too!
-
Dermot Kennedy - The Weight of the Woods
I’m glad of the move! There were quite a few releases on the 27th where I think he’d have outsold them with ease but I’m expecting RAYE to have big sales so here’s hoping they both get a shot at #1 and he keeps his streak.
-
Bebe Rexha & Faithless - New Religion
I actually think this could be a chart hit!
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Hoping Bruno can at least keep #2 on the albums. I think it should hold up decently enough but I think Bruno would benefit from promotion here and we don’t have that until the tour! However there’s not many males or artists in general what could take such a big gap in solo albums as what Bruno has and still be as high as #2.
-
Streaming Services Warrensphere Discussion; W/C 27/02/26
I think a new track from Harry could do it. I think this could be his first era to get two number one singles here potentially.
-
‘Into the Groove’ revival!
Im here for new generations discovering Madonna’s music! Into The Grooves never been a major fave of mine but happy to see her on a streaming chart regardless!
-
When will the new album be released?
I’ve opted for August here for no real reason… but don’t think it’s coming in April or May and I’m hoping we get a nice build up of pre orders for when it’s announced. Hoping it’s not as far back as Q4 but if the albums good I’ll be happy to wait
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Disappointing but not surprised. This is how for non chart followers it’s deceiving how on paper you’d think the LM solo albums did better than Spice Girls debuts because of the #3 peaks (particularly Mel Cs for example). Happy for JADE being back though ❣️
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Is anyone waiting on Bruno’s album to be dispatched yet? I actually got my copy a day early 😅 but I didn’t order of his store I got mine via HMV. I really expected this to be a close race (and expected him to get the #1 even if he wasn’t #1 on the Monday update). I feel like Bruno’s very generally popular though and gets long lasting success as opposed to big debuts (if we go by how his singles as of late have done). Really wanted a #1 album though it’s nearing 14 years since he last topped the album chart.
-
Bruno Mars - The Romantic
Midweeks #2! Gorillaz are pretty much on double the sales so far.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I actually hope Bruno gets the album #1! Come through king!
-
Least Fave Lady Gaga Single Round 2
I’m still targeting Stupid Love for now! Poor Hold my Hand already being out 😭
-
UK Chart Runs & Sales
Interestingly as well on Friday Finally Another Love spent its 59th week top 100 in the UK overtaking what Celebration (58 weeks) has achieved so far! Now is the time.
-
UK Chart Runs & Sales
I’m not going to get too excited but this would be well overdue if so! Don’t get me wrong the remix album is great but I don’t think even stans stream it on the regular if they’re streaming her hits. Would love to see Celebration back!
-
Bruno Mars - The Romantic
- Ian Huntley has died in prison
It’s one of those situations where his death in the grand scheme of things just won’t really bring comfort for all of what he did and times like this where he’s in the media it’ll likely be hell for the families as they’ll in a way be reliving it again.- 'The Fame' ● Album Discussion Thread ● Part 2
Big midweeks climb there! Hope it can sneak a top 40 week again if we get some new material this year ❣️- Bruno Mars - The Romantic
I also liked this on first listen. The vocals sounded great throughout and the production was pretty great too. I kinda sensed this wasn’t going to be an album that this site enjoyed much but I can see it doing well. On first listen I’d say Cha Cha Cha has the most take off potential from the album tracks as of yet. Dance With Me is very Die With A Smile too! But yeah overall I was a fan. I’ve always loved Bruno’s voice and that shines all the way through this. Here’s hoping that this gives him another #1 album in the UK come Friday.- RAYE - Nightingale Lane.
I’m in the camp of a this something I could listen to on repeat but I don’t quite know how big it’s going to be… a radio edit could butcher this yet live versions of this will be fantastic. I’m here for her second album so much now ❣️- SB9 2027 Album UK chart prediction
All depends on the chart week but I think top 5 is possibly achievable here if they did big promo on release week. With variants as pricey as it could be to get different artworks or artworks with each member it would really help them but I think they have enough loyalty, goodwill and hustle to get a #10 album at least?! Oh I really hope we get that album soon!- UK Chart Runs & Sales
Much rather Celebration be the one to get this (like this surely is the actual album whats getting most streams) but I’ll take any Madonna album reappearing in the charts! - Ian Huntley has died in prison