Jump to content

jord

Artist Mod

Everything posted by jord

  1. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I just wish Taylor was doing all of this with genuinely great songs 😪.
  2. #32 in the UK this week. It did climb from the midweeks at least!
  3. God is a woman wins this round! fake smile would be my second pick here!
  4. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Gutted about this missing out on the UK top 10! Deserved a lot better.
  5. jord posted a post in a topic in Taylor Swift's Taylor Swift
    Not sure about numbers but easy #1! I feel like Taylor might kind of need to underperform to really make her switch stuff up though. Lover didn’t underperform at all but the way people reacted to that era in a way spurred her creative spirit and we got folklore and evermore as a result (the pandemic played a part too!). Everything she releases and touches is going to insane numbers but the impact on pop culture / overall cultural appeal and the quality isn’t necessarily reflected by it. Like an album that pulled such huge figures and set records The Life of a Showgirl just doesn’t feel like an insanely huge album or one that has any references that feel iconic / historic if this makes sense.
  6. jord posted a post in a topic in Taylor Swift's Taylor Swift
    It doesn’t fit the showgirl theme but it’s stronger than the vast majority of that original album for me. I really really hope her next album isn’t a straight up pop album though and that she goes back to country or back to the introspective sounds of folklore / evermore.
  7. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    This is very very close to the US #1! A four way battle though (and not the best sales!). She’s genuinely so underrated to me! I hope the albums managed to sneak top 10 here in the UK.
  8. What do you think is Rihanna’s most significantly important era in terms of pop culture / pop music. Not necessarily asking your favourite album / era by her but what do you think of first when you think of Rihanna. Single / album mentions are welcome here?! I think there’s arguments for many answers here and intrigued to see how posters form other countries post here as well to see her appeal in different territories at different times. For me personally my mind always goes straight to the LOUD era. The red hair, that t shirt what every teen guy was wearing, social media at the time being flooded with images of her. I think she was completely inescapable and at the absolute peak of her powers in 2011 when Loud was riding high and it led to Talk that Talk! EDIT: I guess you could also argue here that without Good Girl Gone Bad transforming her into A-list territory and then Rated R experimenting her image and sound we'd have never had LOUD without both of those eras?
  9. jord posted a post in a topic in Television
    Is Chelsey really that bad! Even Nicole didn’t feel that worthy of setting the all time record (but her eviction was much later in the series and she was up against two popular housemates!) I think Chelsey could possibly break the head to head record (I doubt ITV will announce though as i think if they do it once they’d have to do it for them all). Wow at this series though. I never thought I’d ever see Big Brother like this again so so good.
  10. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    I’ll always love to discuss P!nk music with you when new music comes around and the next time She announces shows / a tour etc! And if you ever do anything related to her on the pop forum I’d discuss / join! She is one of my favourites and this forum was one of the first forums I joined. I joined the forum pretty near when Beautiful Trauma dropped!
  11. Song of a generation Into You wins here but Why Try is genuinely one of my favourites she’s ever done and could’ve won on another round!
  12. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Farewell P!nk!! I’ve posted on the forum for a while now and this was amongst the first artist forums I posted in regularly and always felt very welcome here so thanks to all involved in moderating ❣️.
  13. jord posted a post in a topic in The Music Lounge
    I’ve not seen such vocal opinions about her than I have across the last 2-3 weeks. The whole thing with her sharing that post lowkey become the catalyst of what’s just went on with Ed too. I don’t necessarily know how it’ll impact her success or career though. Just Give Me A Reason just reached an all time high streaming peak and she’s so successful on the touring front I think she’s far from over. She’s never been big on Stan twitter anyway!
  14. I’ll be glad to have this to compete the collection. This was always my favourite studio album they did too. Hopefully 25 years is celebrated next year too and that’s what the focus is on and how this one is coming pretty soon! I’d love them to do something to mark their silver anniversary and I do feel it’s slightly possible. Like a previous poster said a new greatest hits labelled 25 with everything and some extras on it or 10 Deluxe with some live performances?!
  15. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    As much as Miley deserves more I’ll take top 10 (even just at midweeks stage!) Ellie threw out two additional versions of her album on release week but Miley is likely doing slightly better on streams so I hope she can stay top 10. Mileys at #1 and #3 on iTunes and #2 on Apple Music.
  16. One Last Time is a clear winner here but im coming back to decide on how I’d rank my 2-6th favourites as there’s not much in it. motive would be 7th though and the light is coming is genuinely the weakest track to ever make it onto an Ariana album.
  17. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    If there was promotion attached to her music i think she could attract more success. She’s said she doesn’t want to tour a few times over the last few years but I honestly think a tour would easily be a massive success and provide her with viral moments. That’s where she comes alive but she just drops albums and we don’t get an “era” as such. The talent and material are there though.
  18. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    REDLIGHTS is now hitting!!! Very ABBA esque. She’s genuinely so interesting artistically. Easily amongst the most versatile artists across the industry she suits any style.
  19. jord posted a post in a topic in Television
    Rochelle is genuinely hilarious I’m sorry 🤣. I really hope she doesn’t walk and I quite call how far she’ll make it but I’m pleased she’s stayed. The first evictee by the public always seems to be a big character to an extent and like an unjust boot and Millie feels like the same! She did come across well though and seemed a nice person but of the three I think Pauline and Rochelle have more chaos to offer. Millie I think could have went quite far had they stayed this week. I don’t think they’d have picked up much nominations.
  20. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    This was a good first listen (finally managed to hear it today!!) A real shame it didn’t do anything as it’s the best work that they’ve done for a long while as a whole album. Shades of it reminded me of 30 by Adele in the more jazz esque numbers and productive style but I really enjoyed the vocals on this album and appreciated that they shone. I don’t necessarily feel like the album was a radio album or a mainstream one but I do feel like critically speaking critics would appreciate what it was they were trying to do and i definitely thought Sam’s fanbase would’ve at least given them a top 5 album on week one! A solid album though. I can see myself going back to a few songs off of this!
  21. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    I feel like I’m in a minority with Miley as she almost always delivers with me on an albums front (if anything her album tracks tend to be stronger than her singles). I enjoyed Different Religion, Orbit, and Aftermath the most on initial listens. I hope this does something or has something go viral - it really is good and deserves some attention. She’s genuinely so talented and a great vocalist (and versatile too) such star quality!! I think live performances are where she comes alive so hopefully we get some of those.
  22. I’m still in such utter shock at how well Gaga and Michael did in keeping all this secret. It’s so surreal but as a Stan I’m so so so happy for her. Rose is a beautiful name (if this true!). I wonder when - if we will get this confirmed by Gaga herself but again I’m so happy for her! This is her time!
  23. New edition coming! November 27th release date.
  24. petal era wins again for me here! My vote goes to hate that i made you love me! blazed is the one i play least on its own so that gets least favourite although i do actually like it!
  25. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Not long now until a new Miley album is upon us! It doesn’t at all feel the album is dropping so soon but I’m here for the music if nothing else she’s always pretty consistent with me. One full day left to go until it’s out in the world!