Everything posted by jord
-
Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades
I think Something Beautiful the album had this with some of the variants of that on the release week of that album! I remember wanting some sort of signed edition i never ended up getting it as it was always out of stock 😆. Hopefully there’s enough demand enough stans and casual streams to at least go top ten here with the low sales required?!
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Mileys dropped a remix of Bass Persuades so that may help?!
-
Ariana's Ultimate Album - Track 1
kiss me is genuinely my favourite here! A possible career highlight and a perfect opener to the petal album. shut up is my least favourite. Not really a track I play on its own and it doesn’t really set the tone of positions the album enough to open the album for me. ranking the other full length tracks is tricky as they’re all solid and great ways of opening the album. Moonlight id probably put just above imagine for nostalgia reasons but imagine has some crazy vocals. Honeymoon Avenue is also a pretty mature track for her age at the time and holds a place in my heart for being the very first Ariana track on an album! But she’s definitely topped it since. intros wise raindrops Is the one I wish could’ve been extended more into a full length track! It works as the sweetener album opener (but it transitioning into blazed…!). I think raindrops could’ve been worked into something gorgeous but I know it has deep meaning and a connection to her family right?! intro end of the world I enjoy (I kinda don’t think it needed the additions it had on the deluxe version). Intro to My Everything again works fine as an intro (but it’s the transition to Problem what again feels off I think it could’ve led into Why Try or One Last Time more seamlessly). kiss me wins!!
-
'Bad Romance' ● 1st Single Thread
2B Spotify streams!
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
X was one I realised after I’d sent them in!
-
Gaga and Michael welcome their first child
I still can’t quite process this. The genuine shock I had last night at what was it 2am seeing this news. I’m honestly so so happy for her she’s wanted this moment for some time and her dream has come true. I think she’ll announce something herself officially in the coming days (maybe not an official image or the name) but just confirming the news but she really deserves this ❣️.
-
Gaga and Michael welcome their first child
EVERYONE GAGA IS NOW A MOTHER!!!!!!!
-
petal. • 8th Album
If they held the live album back to a Friday release (or had it ready last Friday) it may have been top 10 who knows?! It did move up quite a bit from where it was on Monday though so it did have an impact - just hope it moves onto streaming but it’s still at #1 on iTunes.
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
I’m kicking myself now. I just worked out now what the answer to something yet to come what I’d skipped is ☠️
-
petal. • 8th Album
Midweeks #10 now!! The live album really is great! The songs come alive in a live setting and the vocals. It’s as good if not better than the actual studio album!!
-
petal. • 8th Album
the live version of kiss me is so sublime I’ve played it about 6 times in a row!! I’m checking the rest of them out tomorrow ❣️. I do hope It will go to streaming as well at some point but if you haven’t bought the standard album digitally it may be worth getting the live one as the full OG petal albums also included!
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
Oh damn!! I put G for a different letter oops! F was one of the tricky ones and Florence actually come to my mind first here!! Poor Faithless 😆. C was one of the ones I just threw a real guess out there. I learned as of today that the Cranberries didn’t actually achieve a top 10 (I guess streaming being kind to at least two of their tracks makes them feel like they were at least top 10!).
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
Barbara Streisand was genuinely just a lucky guess of someone beginning with B here. I almost said Britney for this and then checked the Scream & Shout OCC chart credits before going for Babs!
-
petal. • 8th Album
Live album is now out on iTunes. It’s alongside the original petal album too! It may climb from the midweeks in the charts this week now it’s at #1 on iTunes but as of the moment it’s not on streaming.
-
P!nk
I’m seeing someone absolute lashings against P!nk across Stan twitter the last two days or so.
-
EastEnders
I know it was before early releases were a thing but if it was done like Holly Barton in the dales (another character who actually returned to the show!!) it would’ve provided some great scenes possibly. I have faith Jessie Wallace especially will be fantastic throughout the episodes next week though so that’s something.
-
EastEnders
There’s honestly so much we could all say about the character of Zoe and the return and the exit?! It really does feel very sudden and rushed though. I mean we have what is it 3 episodes left of her and it’s almost like she’s going to be a secondary character in her own exit week. I wish things had went differently. I think if she had to die and Michelle actively put it out there she wanted that there was surely better ways of going about it and perhaps she could’ve stayed longer to get… something. Part of me wonders if it might’ve had more impact if they didn’t reveal it and as viewers we just seen Kat finding Zoe’s body. I mean they’d have had to also not release it in the AM too but imagine the genuine shock we’d have all had together. Anything feels better than what we’re getting?!
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
Thank you again for a great and very different quiz! Excited to see how I did I think I might kick myself when I see some of the answers!
-
petal. • 8th Album
#28 in the UK midweeks this week. it should climb by Friday. A lot new entries and re-entries ahead.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
The album chart is lowkey so exciting to follow even with low-ish sales. It’s so surprising at times that acts you think on paper challenge for #1 are nowhere near there and then other acts fully surprise you. I guess it goes to show the power signings, active promo on release week and bundles etc can do. I guess as well it shows what artists have dedicated fanbases and who just had a significant general public pull?! But every week or so I tend to have a surprise on the albums front.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I know it was an anniversary edition but i thought Beyoncé would’ve been higher on the Monday update at least?! I’m not too shocked at Ellie as of yet. She did drop a deluxe today so let’s what this does (she’s at #4 on iTunes currently with the deluxe version).
-
EastEnders
Ravi will be much missed when he departs. I really hope they don’t kill the character off and I suspect they won’t?! I only really see prison or on the run as other kind of exits though. He really is a flawed character but I do believe he’s a good dad (and more than anything wants to be this above anything else). Ready for Jessie Wallace’s acting masterclass this month!
-
Emmerdale
The Spice Girls scenes being unintentionally hilarious. Harry Hill would’ve had a field day with this weeks episodes. I have enjoyed the dales the last two weeks or so though full of a mix of drama, comedy (and the dingles not entirely dominating?!?! A lot more of a community esque feel, Nicola finally getting dramatic stories and episodes ending on big reveals and cliffhangers. Almost feels like an anniversary week!
-
TV shows that have aged badly?
I’m a regular re-watcher of Bad Girls and Footballers Wives but I hate admitting they are both of their time in certain ways. I can watch again and again and they’re almost comfort shows but a lot of the language used, some characters created for certain purposes etc couldn’t be used in 2026.
-
Ellie Goulding - I Know Too Much
If it is a deluxe I’m relieved I didn’t get around to pre ordering!! I might throw a digital deluxe buy in if I’m impressed enough. I do kind of feel cheated when artists do this though but it’s a way of getting in additional sales and it might as well count towards the debut week. Speaking of the chart debut what are we actually expecting for this. She’s managed #1 with all but one of her albums (and iirc Delirum did decent sales but high sales period so ended up at #3) but for some reason I think she could lose her top 3 streak here?!