Jump to content

jord

Artist Mod

Everything posted by jord

  1. Her latest socials post is saying We Know Too Much is coming on Monday.
  2. jord posted a post in a topic in Girls Aloud's Girls Aloud
    RIP Sarah ❣️. Thinking of her family, those who knew her and the other 4 girls today. It really doesn’t feel like 5 years at all I still remember where I was when I seen the news and I almost froze / couldn’t actually take it in. I’m reading comments from earlier on the post and agree that each member had a unique quality to the band and that the 5 girls what become Girls Aloud were indeed the right choice. The way they managed 5 studio albums in itself is a decent milestone for a group of that era!
  3. Mileys tracks are often slow burners. I have hope this is far from its peak and that there’ll be a push in two weeks time when the album drops.
  4. I enjoyed this as a first time listen. Ravers felt tacked onto the end and doesn’t necessarily to me fit what the rest of the album offers but it’s a great track nonetheless! I think as a whole album it is quite strong so I hope it does something. I often find Ellie’s albums all have Individual tracks I enjoy and this followed that path.
  5. Godga!! Halloween staple, 2011 album track did that!
  6. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    I’d absolutely gag if Gaga is involved!! I’m taking it as fan fantasy though as I don’t think Britney has any music projects in the pipeline!
  7. A shame this is falling quite fast. I genuinely think it’s one of her strongest singles. I really feel / wonder if that video just took away any goodwill towards it but as song and lyrically especially I think it’s really great. I think it’s one what could be a cult favourite/ fan favourite over the years maybe?!
  8. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    It sounds like a hit! Something Beautiful had some gorgeous tracks for me not necessarily hits but I loved that as an album. This feels a lot more like something I think could take off though. It’s very MAYHEM meets Confessions II coded like Danceteria with an Abracadabra esque vibe. I’m sold!
  9. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Preordered the album via HMV but it is also on the store and set to ship 18th September!! I expected the physicals to follow later given how near the album is! I’m seeing a lot of posts about this I don’t know if it’s the new label or Dollys passing making her presence more known I’d say it’s positive. Also seeing rumours regarding some European shows (but given her comments on touring not that long ago I may take those with a pinch of salt!). Not long to go!
  10. An interesting chart come Friday!!! I’m thinking Miley could potentially do well with her new release with streams being low across the board and the news of Dolly would gather more interest for this era. Mileys a tricky one to predict chart success wise though! She does always gather interest though and a lot of her songs what become hits were slow burners or had great longevity!
  11. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    I’ll be giving miss Langley some streams to make all the difference! I’m so happy it genuinely did really take off in the UK in the end I always predicted big things for the USA but this is definitely a fully fledged global hit now!
  12. The lyric videos are what make me appreciate the album seeing the lyrics on those (or on Apple Music!) it makes them hit harder and then my appreciation grows. oh well is so British sounding as well to me! I think it’s the production more than anything where it sounds so UK 00s!
  13. oh well is really hitting now!! I completely see why it’s a fan favourite from the era now ❣️. There was a post I seen on X where a fan said they see eternal sunshine as the sun and petal as the moon as I actually kind of see what they mean!
  14. #9 in the midweeks! It was #13 last week so it has climbed this week at this stage! I hope it gets another week top 10 with the final show impact (and I do think it’s to do with the Zine edition finally getting shipped too)!
  15. The final show starting within minutes!!! There was actually a segment of this in ITV showing fans at the venue talking (all love and all genuine fans shown thankfully!). It’s gonna feel so weird from tomorrow onwards but again I just want to say how happy I am for this tour and how it’s been a genuine success for her. Hoping she’s happy and that her break is enjoyable - she’s earned it!
  16. I got mine today too!! It arrived in absolutely giant packaging I was thinking what have I ordered 😁
  17. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Dolly needs a download campaign!! At least she should manage two songs top 5 though!
  18. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    This is happening so soon!! I’m here for short albums if they’re done right and there’s no filler! I’m here for the ride. Miley always gives an experience with her albums. I’m here for whatever this brings!
  19. Paparazzi getting its moment!! ❣️. I wonder if it can overtake Poker Face at some point in terms of daily streams id love it to get some sort of trend and push ahead!
  20. She’s performing freak!!! Edit: freak and warning signs both performed tonight!! nowhere, nobody will likely be used tomorrow as I think it’s the only song now what’s not been performed.
  21. Going to give this a go and have a think!! I think I know what U and Y are on first glance!
  22. The show was honestly such an experience!! Videos truly don’t do justice of how insane her vocals genuinely are and just what a performer she is as well. The opening what felt choreography heavy with yes, and?! positions were an amazing opening and she served vocals and choreography in those heels!! The way her personality shone when we had the thank u, next era tracks! Certain tracks namely petal, Dangerous Woman, Honeymoon Avenue to name a few took on whole new levels on the vocal stakes!!! The section of One Last Time, Rain on Me, Break Free was surreal!!! The encore and ending of we can’t be friends and supernatural was absolutely gorgeous too! There’s so much I can say about the show and it still is sinking in that I actually seen her but I just love her all the more now. Truly one of those where you have to see her to fully appreciate what she’s capable of vocally. She’s such a special talent. As my show was towards the end of the run she was very emotional!! We had a mini speech when it got to Hampstead in the show where she was fully welling up! But London absolutely loved her (I feel like she’s been so appreciated over here especially!!) but I’m so happy with how well received the tour has been there’s obviously a hell of a lot media attention and discussion over every aspect of her but the tour and her performances on the tour have all had glowing reviews even from sources who are usually waiting to tear her down!)
  23. It’s an album what sounds better the more you play it!! I think it’s consistent enough as a whole play and there are some deep lyrics when you analyse those. It’s a shame that this era may not get the love it deserves (I’m glad we have live moments from some of the tracks!!) petal the song I still think is genuinely a highlight of her career so it’s a real shame the video detracted from all of that!! I still think I’ll enjoy the album though (I’d probably rank it 5th in her very strong discography at this point!) hopefully there’s something what could go viral from the album! I was thinking about nowhere, nobody earlier and with the tour ending and her break looming that does feel a fitting song that I hope TikTok use!
  24. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Cascada of all people blocking Man in the mirror is genuinely of the best chart facts 😅. Florence’s Lungs would’ve had an extra month atop the album charts too! Although lucky for Florence it did manage a #1 peak months later!
  25. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Daily Mail have posted about Dolly now! If other news outlets do so it may help her out! For her to go to #1 we may need to be tactical on 9-5 though (or perhaps see what Tuesdays midweeks show!).