Jump to content

jord

Artist Mod

Everything posted by jord

  1. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    We need a campaign in force now for Dolly! It’s trending upon my socials and I’m seeing a lot of tweets about it (but my X is very charts dominated anyways so I don’t know how viral It’s going) but I do think Dolly could do it with the right push (and with a big downloads boost as well).
  2. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Alex Warrens the biggest new release but I don’t think it’s doing that well on streams so it depends on the pre orders and sales they do over the week.
  3. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Media coverage could definitely help Dolly out! I wouldn’t at all be mad if she made #1 with one of her classics.
  4. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    A single on Friday?!?! I really hope they can get themselves a big era and a real comeback moment. It seems like social media is here for it (and the news of Dolly I think will only elevate any material that drops anytime soon!).
  5. Absolutely love this!!! I genuinely can see these taking off fully. They’re genuinely talented and the material is strong. I think this is rather Chappell coded which is by no means a bad thing. I hope they get a big break as it’s deserved.
  6. bad thing (bunny hop) or kiss me?! I can’t really put Olivia’s voice to any of Ariana’s tracks but those two I’d say fit Olivia the most.
  7. Hopefully it can go top 10 again. Her store had some restocks but there’s been shipping delays (the zine edition in ordered still hasn’t arrived!!) positions managed 5 weeks top 10 and I’d like this to match (or beat!!) that but it’s doing pretty well and the opening sales were her second highest. It’s probably unlikely now that there’s going to be another single but the universe may be kind and have one of the songs get some sort of viral moment at one point or other.
  8. I still haven’t quite processed last night but what a show!!! It truly feels surreal and magical but I’m so happy I’ve finally seen her live!!!
  9. I’d love for Ella to do it but I’m already just happy it escaped a #35 peak! It’s done way way better than I ever imagined over here. I’m rooting for her to do it though!
  10. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    #21 debut in the UK and I seen some posts over on X about the US prediction possibly being that it could miss top 100! Interested in the reasons of this performance. Is it lack of knowledge that the albums been released or a lack of a solid fanbase. There were some discussions last week on the chart predictions thread. I still need to hear the album in full but the songs I have heard wouldn’t have sounded out of place on either of Their first two albums.
  11. A continued impact we love to see! Is this pop up stores of vinyls? Amazing to see! I’m currently inside the arena now ready to see the princess of pop miss grande tonight!
  12. If Dolly is number one next week in any of the mids it would get coverage and I think a downloads push could work in her favour of that too. Looking like the impacts been huge though!
  13. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Sam Smith must have some missing sales there!! But then again I do feel like this albums almost went unnoticed. Usually they have pretty good promo (unless I’m missing something) I’m still to hear the album though! I think Tangled Up is higher than what Chemistry was on the Wednesday update. I’m not convinced it’ll be top 40 though now but should at least get another week top 75. I do like that Girls Aloud have given fans so much extras with their studio albums though. I wonder if they’ll re-release Ten for the 25th anniversary of the band but with more hidden gems and with the singles added to that what weren’t on it first time around?
  14. It would be nice but I think if they did it for one artists they’d have to do it again full stop! I think the rule will likely stay but we’ll definitely see some big boosts. I wonder how the album chart will work too if several albums outsude studio albums (like Greatest Hits type albums) will re-enter or if they’ll dedicate one particular album for that.
  15. we should try and arrange a Dolly campaign next week! To all download a particular song of hers to try and challenge for #1. Her deaths had major coverage across TV today. This Morning had segments dedicated to her thoroughly out the show and I imagine BBC had similar. There’s a documentary showing on iPlayer too if anyone’s interested!
  16. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Thinking of Miley at this time ❣️. Hoping she’s surrounded by love. You could tell just how much they both admired and loved one another personally and musically! August 25th was mentioned by Miley in an interview from 23 I think it was as being a significant date to her as well.
  17. jord posted a post in a topic in The Music Lounge
    Dolly really did seem universally popular across races, ages, genders etc. just one of those figures in entertainment where you seen something / someone genuine. ❣️
  18. I wonder if Whitney’s I Will Always Love You will see an impact (or Dollys Version). I definitely think she could potentially come for some new singles chart peaks.
  19. 9-5 will likely go top 40 Officially I think! I can see a big impact on singles and possibly see her hits album get a big albums impact.
  20. Dolly’s Greatest Hits will probably see a massive impact!
  21. jord posted a post in a topic in The Music Lounge
    One of the original trailblazers for female writers! And the original face of country music amongst females too. What a legend who’s crossed generations.
  22. jord posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Need her to strike whilst the charts are in a nothing period and get a major smash! Miley is always one I enjoy following and Something Beautiful was an era that I felt deserved way more!! Some of her very best material were on that album. I’m not sure she’ll tour (maybe one off shows?!) but I’m here for new music!
  23. Will this be another separate chart entry for Back to Black or will it be combined with the original album for charts purposes? Can definitely see there being interest for this given how influential the album is.
  24. October 23rd release of the 20th anniversary edition!
  25. At this moment in time it does feel like she’s absolutely not wanting to come back to music which feels understandable. Who knows in say 5/10 years time (or longer) how she’ll feel about new music and new performances but it wouldn’t feel right wanting her to perform any time soon it would feel too uncomfortable. Britney Jean aside I think she had a pretty good run. Her discography until 2008 for me is super strong.