Everything posted by jord
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 21/08/26
9-5 will likely go top 40 Officially I think! I can see a big impact on singles and possibly see her hits album get a big albums impact.
-
iTunes Weekly Thread w/c 21st August 2026
Dolly’s Greatest Hits will probably see a massive impact!
-
RIP Dolly Parton
One of the original trailblazers for female writers! And the original face of country music amongst females too. What a legend who’s crossed generations.
-
Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades
Need her to strike whilst the charts are in a nothing period and get a major smash! Miley is always one I enjoy following and Something Beautiful was an era that I felt deserved way more!! Some of her very best material were on that album. I’m not sure she’ll tour (maybe one off shows?!) but I’m here for new music!
-
Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
Will this be another separate chart entry for Back to Black or will it be combined with the original album for charts purposes? Can definitely see there being interest for this given how influential the album is.
-
Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
October 23rd release of the 20th anniversary edition!
-
Britney done with music industry for good?
At this moment in time it does feel like she’s absolutely not wanting to come back to music which feels understandable. Who knows in say 5/10 years time (or longer) how she’ll feel about new music and new performances but it wouldn’t feel right wanting her to perform any time soon it would feel too uncomfortable. Britney Jean aside I think she had a pretty good run. Her discography until 2008 for me is super strong.
-
hate that i made you love me • 1st Single
This is still my second favourite lead of hers but I didn’t at all think it would’ve had this longevity even with petal and the tour! I’m glad it’s become a big hit though and that it’s one of the few non Rein Me In #1 weeks of 2026!
-
Friday Chart Predictions
petal at #14 and eternal sunshine #46 on albums. Hopefully both climb by week end with tour impact still ongoing.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I think the first two re-issues started off inside the top 10. Hopefully this holds onto top 40! I know there’s been some delayed dispatches with this one.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Sam I think appealed to a bit of an older audience initially but their last album didn’t appeal much to their previous audience (whilst it sort of gained a new one). I feel like they perhaps didn’t have stans but had genuinely popular songs earlier on in their career and a lot of hits in a short time frame. I still think Sam has a dedicated fan base to an extent but there’s more niche type of acts who are more hardcore on week one.
-
The Eternal Sunshine Tour 2026
I’m happy enough just to see her on Friday. Any surprises are a bonus!! I mean it’s still such a special show as it is ❣️.
-
Discuss the Ariana Grande song you are listening to
I listened to Thinking Bout You and Touch It earlier today ❣️ (justice for Touch It!!!) I see Ariana on Friday and I’m kinda like do I refrain as such from bashing her this week or do I purely just listen to Ariana in anticipation 😆.
-
Ariana streaming achievements (Spotify, Apple etc.)
pretty impressive that thank u, next was her first entirely solo album and the one with the fewest tracks and it did that!! I still remember the complete takeover she had with the release of this album where it genuinely felt everywhere and like a real moment in pop culture history in a way a international pop album hadn’t really had that feel (for me anyways) since maybes Rihanna’s Loud (coincidentally her 5th album!).
-
GAGA NEW INSTAGRAM PROFILE PICTURE
Oh I just knew as soon she changed her image and bio we would all spiral. I actually do feel we have some droplets perhaps in store for us (the Apple Music interview at the end of 2025 did hint that there was still music teases). But she’s fully deserving of a rest and time to explore other avenues! Always exciting to be a Gaga Stan ❣️. At the moment it appears she’s just being supportive towards Michael but using her reach for something like this is huge!
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Wonder where Tangled Up will re-enter. Given the pre orders issues and fans not getting their copies I wonder if this will perhaps climb mid week when orders get dispatched?! It’s probably the most anticipated re-issue from them so far so I hope it can crack the top 30. I’m gonna say Brandon for the #1 but it may well be Sam Smiths first album to miss the top 3 (although I think they may end up at #3). Unsure on Jorja Smith and how she’ll do as well! Hope Ariana can keep petal inside the top 10 with her tour still being in the UK and that she can keep a few albums from the past top 75 again!
-
Jorja Smith - What Are The Odds
Going to give this as a spin tomorrow. What’s people’s thoughts so far. Not seeing much traction on this at all!
-
Billboard ranks the Confessions II tracks
Everything definitely hits hard now especially the end when it merges into Love Sensation. It’s the one song what took the longest to click but it’s definitely clicked now! I think it’s one what hits after a while. Betrayal is too low for me on that list as well! I’m going to try and think of my list actually but it’s very different to that 😆.
-
Billboard ranks the Confessions II tracks
Absolutely awful ranking!! The bottom two might genuinely be my top 2 ☠️
-
The Weeknd - Starboy
Back inside the UK top 100 at #85. Tour impact! It’s the second highest of his studio albums (After Hurry up Tomorrow).
-
The Weeknd - After Hours
Returns to the top 100 this week at #88! My personal favourite studio album from his discography.
-
The Weeknd - Hurry Up Tomorrow
#43 officially this week in the UK! So close to re-entering the top 40!
-
Ariana Grande - UK Chart Runs, Sales & Discussion
I knew she’d get a massive impact but this is so pleasing to see. Shocked to see positions ahead of thank u, next! Happy to see sweetener re-entering though. Hopefully they all stay there this week too!
-
Ariana Grande - UK Chart Runs, Sales & Discussion
Massive albums impact this week!! Every album is inside the top 100 bar Yours Truly! #7 - petal #15 - eternal sunshine #51 - My Everything #57 - Dangerous Woman #58 - positions #72 thank u, next #82 - sweetener
-
eternal sunshine • 7th Album
Has there been a restock of this on her site too or is it purely just off streams increasing with the tour. Such a big climb from its Monday position!