Jump to content

jord

Artist Mod

Everything posted by jord

  1. London shows this weekend have both won so far!!!! The best two petal songs last night and Cynthia tonight! What an experience the UK fans are getting so far!! Also very happy to see the press giving favourable reviews to the show so far and that the press has been pretty positive. I’m so happy at the moment that the UKs been kind to her as she deserves!
  2. Little star reminds me of my nephews now when I hear it! It’s probably been the biggest Ray of Light grower as initially it didn’t have much impact upon me but it definitely does now. I’ve heard the album twice in full recently after the passing of William Orbit. It’s still my favourite Madonna body of work! I was blown away by how It sounded when I first heard it and I only wish I could be transported to 1998 to hear it in real time. I feel like this is perhaps the most important record for her career in terms of cementing her legacy (like she is Madonna after all and a major icon etc) but I think this album fully put her back on the map and cemented her to stay there for at least the next decade) and now in 2026 she’s had another revival and major comeback to acclaim!
  3. It still feels quite off that My Everything is 100k ahead as in my head Dangerous Woman and thank u, next feel like they have more cultural appeal and feel more “peak” Ariana esque. I feel like eternal sunshine at some point may overtake sweetener too! Pretty impressive totals though. If we compare her sales to sales oriented acts (well acts who debuted say in the paid sales / downloads era) 500k these days is like doing 1M in that era I’d say (maybe even less than that with the way the current album market is so I think those sales are very strong all round!).
  4. I’m still enjoying this as an album. I do feel it perhaps lacks a complete 10/10 track (or a major high moment) but it’s a nice enough album and it’s sounding better the more you play it. kiss me and bad thing (bunny hop) are my main takes from this but nowhere nobody and the singles as well are all strong! I’m still not sure yet where it’ll place on my Ariana favourite albums list however.
  5. I had an incredible Weekend in London seeing this icon! His best show yet for me and Wembley really went off for him. Amazing show, brilliant set, staging, production. A really special show. Hoping anyone else who’s going / has been has an incredible time. He’s in another league when it comes to male artists for me (well him And Bruno Mars but they both appeal to different sides of me😆).
  6. nowhere, nobody I feel could be saved for the final show?! but besides that I think it’s just freak and warning signs left!
  7. kiss me and bad thing (bunny hop) are my two favourites from petal so tonight won!
  8. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    The Weeknd might see some increases with his Wembley shows (went last night and was incredible!!!). The Highlights likely to get a boost but can some some of his studio albums getting boosts too . And of course Arianas London shows begin too. Hopefully a petal increase? And again hopefully some of her past albums return to the charts too!
  9. I wonder if it’s just because of its track listing placement?! But it’s probably the song what would sound best on radio I’d say?! petal (the album) is #6 on the Monday update in the UK. There’s 3 new entries ahead (and MJ and Olivia Rodrigo). And on the singles chart hate that I made you love me is at #6 petal is at #9 kiss me is at #45
  10. Bad Romance for the win but I’m kinda here for this actually not being a clear cut winner as of the time being!
  11. I love them both but this remix isn’t quite it.. they both sound a big nasal / congested on the final mix. I’ll support and stream and throw a copy out there to try and ensure it goes top 40 but it’s one of those kind of moments what sounds amazing on paper what’s not quite amazing irl. Love Sensation from the Confessions II album has grown a lot since this though it was never a standout for me as a solo version but this has kind of made me appreciate the song more so that’s something.
  12. Second best opening sales both here and the USA! I think the lengthy pre order period and the multiple versions helped out (and maybes the tour too!).
  13. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I don’t use Tik Tok myself but my nephew who’s 12 is well aware of the shakira song and I often hear it when he’s at the house on his phone when he’s scrolling. I did think Shakira would’ve dropped quite a bit after the World Cup though. Shame it didn’t manage a week at #1.
  14. I’m glad kiss me made it in this week as it is my favourite of the two. I was hoping bad thing bunny hop would be doing better but like I do is quite interesting (and very Jem They esque).
  15. I loved the NB album from 2007! Actually preferred that to Natasha’s debut it’s kinda what become the Pocketful of Sunshine album in the US but always wondered why that never got a UK push when she’d almost always made the top 10 on singles. Here for a Daniel revival at some point too. I’m still here for Ella Langley for the UK #1. I kinda see Sienna Spiro potentially getting it too.
  16. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I’d love it to happen since I’m an Abel Stan! When The Weeknd is here Ariana is also here and The Script are dropping an album too!
  17. Oh this was tough! In general her second singles are all pretty strong and she delivers well on single 2 always! we can’t be friends God is a woman Into You Break Free petal (this may overtake Break Free but I’ve kinda went back to stanning that since the tour and it is very new!) 7 rings Baby I 34+35
  18. Good sales and pleased it’s her second highest debut. Hope she can nab a second week at #1!
  19. Very happy the UK number one was secured!! Everyone who has more number ones debuted before her too (Taylor, Madonna, Kylie and Barbara Streisand)! The most successful female who’s debuted in the 2010s based off chart toppers ❣️
  20. It’s either Choosin Texas or something completely new. Watch it be Olivia Dean and Sam Fender on a remix of a song on her album 😄
  21. It is sadly true it’s confirmed now :(
  22. 6th Australian number one album (Yours Truly and positions her only non number ones). *out of curiosity anyone know what beat positions iirc I think she released the same week as Sam Smith as I initially thought Sam would get the albums number one luckily she managed to get it! UK chart to come in around 4.5 hours time ❣️
  23. I hope this isn’t true. My favourite producer she’s worked with (and adore his work with other artists too)!
  24. Just seen this!! Bang Bang is missing again from this list but I imagine it’s somewhere within the top 5 right? 5 songs on at least 2M! Always feel happy to see no tears left to cry is actually her biggest lead single! Wish it went to the #1 spot but what a smash. Into You smash too! I actually felt like 7 rings might’ve been ahead of thank u, next by now! I wonder if we can’t be friends in time will overtake positions and I wonder how the petal tracks will impact the next time we get a Ariana best seller list! I hope we get updated album sales this week too!
  25. my ranking so far!! 1. kiss me 2. bad thing (bunny hop) 3. nowhere nobody 4. petal 5. hate that i made you love me 6. stay 7. freak / warning signs (find it hard to separate these as they’re perfectly together imo) 8. like I do 9. never get over me 10. oh well 11. big feelings Overall though I think this is very strong! Not a bad song on here by any means. This is one of those albums where I feel some of her past albums have higher highs but as a whole piece I think this will rank top half of her discography for me! I think from Sweetener onwards she’s really become her own kind of artist. positions wasn’t as much to my taste as the songs were very short!! but the other albums are so strong and full of intricate lyrics and a deep meaning!