Jump to content

jord

Artist Mod

Everything posted by jord

  1. what’s the biggest release next week? eternal sunshine managed a second week atop the charts here.
  2. There’s also been another iTunes version too (and I’m thinking maybe digital sales could increase tomorrow for a final push!) This should hold decently too as the tour will definitely keep it afloat!
  3. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    petal looking likely to beat eternal sunshine’s week one total then and possibly looking at being her second highest after thank u, next?! ❣️. I think there could be another version perhaps or another push to come tomorrow being the last full day (not that it needs it as it’s pretty much set for the top spot unless something very major unfolds!). Ariana becoming the third female to get six studio albums in a row to #1 after Madonna (from Ray of Light to MDNA) and Taylor (from Red onwards!) (and moving up the list of females with most #1 albums!!).
  4. When I seen this i thought it was a typo and that it was #13?!
  5. I’ve not returned much to this at all! Still need to see the movie as well bad bad Stan here 🫠 Glamorous Life is gorgeous though and definitely the best DWPII tracks!
  6. I have to say I think song is stunning the more I focus on it without the video. (I might prefer if to hate that I made you love me) now! also feel the video concept is genius too and it’s a real shame her looks took away from all that. Ariana always brings it with single 2! I think the production on this is great though and lyrically speaking it’s probably the most fitting song on the album to her current status. Hoping it can at least be a top 3 for her!
  7. The album sounds better with repeated plays. kiss me and bad thing (bunny hop) are definitely my main two favourites across the whole album but stay and nowhere nobody are fast growing and freak as well is one that I go back too one of the most interesting things that she’s done. I’m intrigued to see where this ends up overall. eternal sunshine’s now my favourite from her (but that also grew and grew…!) I think the way her production is now and lyrically speaking the songs take time to fully develop but once you get it, you get it!
  8. Some form of alternation I think! Or she could test what songs get the best crowd reactions. I think each song will get at least one performance though (except maybe the interlude!)
  9. The speech made me feel a bit emotional in how I’ve perhaps taken it. She’s brave as anything for actually continuing the tour and performing for the fans though. She mentioned that the break was already planned so perhaps she was going to announce it herself at the or shortly after the final London show but she’s had to do it all early? On a petal note I really hope I get one of kiss me or bad thing (bunny hop) at my show! (I’d combust if I got both! I think nowhere nobody is very fitting for the final show though as it’s like a goodbye esque track! Glad that every song will get its moment one way or other though and glad that nothing on the setlist initially has been taken off so I should be safe to hear Rain on Me!
  10. At the midweeks stage in the UK (28.7k so far) this is already a higher tally than Yours Truly, My Everything, Dangerous Woman and Positions.
  11. Showing in the UK album midweeks at #100! Hoping streams hold up and it can get another week on the charts.
  12. What’s encouraging about this thread is that we’re all genuine fans (and as fans we notice when someone we heavily admire isn’t quite themselves and that something doesn’t necessarily feel right). What’s been on my mind throughout the day (and anyone who has knowledge please respond!) but in terms of the tour would she (or anyone in general) need medical checks clearence to be deemed well enough to tour (what with insurance, travelling between venues etc). Obviously the tour was announced almost a year ago now so I don’t think anybody foreseen what the situation would be at this point. I do hope these last shows are indeed a success and that they go as planned but I feel a sense of fear / nerves for when she heads across to London.
  13. I think petal is now on the setlist for the remainder of the tour and each night the show gets two petal tracks on the setlist (what change each show..!)
  14. Longtime Ariana fans have been kind of aware of this for sometime now! It’s really sad to have no idea what’s truly happening / what she’s going through. The pile on she’s had the last few days has been a lot and has been really eye opening (I do feel some of it is genuine concern) but now there’s people also in the actual public eye mentioning it it’s just very dark. The amount Ariana has went through as well I don’t think there’s a pop star out there who’s dealt with the amount of bad things she’s dealt with and all in a short time frame whilst she’s pretty much continuously worked on some form of project. I wouldn’t even be mad if she decided (or someone above her if there is anyone above her) that the London shows of the tour aren’t a good idea. I just can’t imagine what coming half way across the world when she’s feeling this way would achieve (and I mentioned earlier too the British press are relentless and notorious for hounding people especially at their most fragile). I honestly haven’t been able to get her out of my mind ❣️
  15. Since this announcement I just haven’t been able to focus on anything else. It’s just made me really think about her and I do just feel concern and hope that she’s well surrounded by good people. What should’ve been a great week for her has become… this. Ariana’s one of the true talents (she’s kinda the last female I fully stanned). I’m praying that she’s staying off the internet (not that she should have too) but the pile on is even much for me to see as a a fan never mind people who actually know her. petal steaming and buying party to show her that we appreciate what she does for us.
  16. Truly hope that she’s ok! I know she’s surrounded by people In her immediate circle on this tour. I just hope that she’s seen some of the love people have for her as well as all this debate on her appearance (which is going way too far even if some people are well intentioned). I do hope and think that taking a break might give her some much needed time to just live! She’s been working on major projects continuously for what feels like forever. Hoping that she’s doing well though. I’m almost fearful for London shows (not for her ability but the British press are pretty ruthless aren’t they and they’re bound to be looking for a reason to pile on the moment she arrives on British soil).
  17. The streaming figures for the UK were pretty great yesterday (slightly over eternal sunshine). Physical sales im intrigued to see! I do hope she has some strong sales though. I have 3 copies of the album and I imagine some other stans will have bought more than one copy! I’m hopeful she could potentially be coming for the (bar thank u, next) best sales week of her career here?
  18. So I’ve given this a couple of listens now and it is more varied (to me) than what some reviews state! It’s got that dreamy sort of soundscape throughout but there’s hints of garage and indie throughout what add kind of a British feel to it (if this makes sense). Her voice as always and the melody's and moments in the background vocals and harmonies sound gorgeous (I kind of miss the belting slightly and would’ve loved a ballad but I do like what we have!). Lyrically it’s quite deep (feral was used and I don’t know if I hear this yet but there’s different ways you can interpret what songs are about). All in all I’d say I like it! kiss me and bad thing (bunny hop) are the two songs I’d say have the single potential as they’re the most mainstream! I’m not quite sure yet where this will sit amongst the rest of her stellar discography yet (initially speaking I’d probably return to this more than positions though!)
  19. joint second longest runner on the top 100 in the UK now!
  20. Just watched the film for the first time ever and I didn’t realise it was literally fully a musical all the way through in that each and every part of the film is entirely sung. It was definitely an experience and shook me (I knew it was a musical but I thought it was more like A Star is born let’s say). I did enjoy it for what it was, hugely camp, and she sounded great. Perhaps the lack of spoken dialogue is why this is why many feel this is her best acting role though! I can imagine her casting being seen as a shock but watching the film she is pretty captivating and convincing and the way she looks and sounds is very unlike pop star Madonna.
  21. jord posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Ariana impact week this week! I’m intrigued at the numbers this time around and what the streaming showing is. I’d love to see her do a chart double but I think the albums chart feels like it’s sewn up and the singles chart could go either way depending on just how big her streams are and if the leads big enough to sustain all week (I presume petal the song will get the major push but it’s not the most commercial track imo)
  22. Where is the link to this weeks chart? It’s still showing last weeks when I go on the OCC site. I do think it might get some more weeks top 75 and perhaps get a boost at some point if there’s any significant UK promo or a new edition released but I’ll take #42 after 3 weeks top 20! It’s still easily her most well respected album for years and it’s been a major moment for her.
  23. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but ACR wise is this now on ACR or did it get a + in sales in the last three weeks? Was wondering if she was potentially going to get three new songs charting or if it’s a case of what else is going to chart besides petal and this? 9 weeks top 10 and a week at #1 is great going though and good longevity (and she was kinda hampered during World Cup fever too where she’d have been at least 3 positions higher when it ever so slightly dropped).
  24. Being a Geordie I probably hear Sam Fender more than what the average person does (not that he’s unavoidable here) but pubs here will often play him And he’s probably bigger here than anywhere else in the UK! I still feel like Seventeen Going Under feels like his signature song but I can see why this has done so well (props to him and Olivia!!). Hopefully now ACR does loom but with the press this will get maybe it’ll get another boost incoming?! On another note I out of curiosity just played the previous record holder I Believe (it’s a song I actually was aware of but just never knew the artist 😆 and didn’t realise it was that song.
  25. Catching up on this I’ve been on a day trip and then been spamming Ariana album! A shock to see Shania at #7 I too thought she’d be #2 last week! I’m not the biggest Charli fan (of this era) but the way she’s racked up number one albums the last few years is seriously impressive when there was a time I didn’t think she’d ever trouble the albums top 10! I just feel conflicted with Charli that my favourite eras from her come nowhere near to topping the charts and she’s getting them relatively easily now!