Everything posted by Last Dreamer
-
Radio Maximum Top 20 (Russia)
This chart was based on peoples voting, firstly by telephone and SMS, after it on their website. Usually 4-5 new tracks were added on each week. Don't know how radio station selected them, especially if we talk about pure pop songs/acts in 1999-2001 years.
-
Radio Maximum Top 20 (Russia)
5th March 2000 01. (01) Madonna - American Pie (5 weeks) (2 weeks at # 1) 03. (04) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside (4 weeks) 05. (03) Sting - Desert Rose (9 weeks) 06. (05) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (7 weeks) 08. (08) Blink 182 - All The Small Things (4 weeks) 09. (09) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (15 weeks) 11. (10) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (5 weeks) 12. (14) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (11 weeks) 13. (17) U2 - The Ground Beneath Her Feet (2 weeks) 14. (20) Joe Cocker - My Father's Son (2 weeks) 15. (12) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (8 weeks) 16. (13) Eurythmics - 17 Again (3 weeks) 18. (19) George Michael - Miss Sarajevo (3 weeks) 19. (RE) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (8 weeks) 20. (18) R.E.M - The Great Beyond (3 weeks) Future hit ? : Filter - Take A Picture
-
Radio Maximum Top 20 (Russia)
27th February 2000 01. (02) Madonna - American Pie (4 weeks) (1 week at # 1) 03. (01) Sting - Desert Rose (8 weeks) 04. (10) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside (3 weeks) 05. (04) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (6 weeks) 08. (08) Blink 182 - All The Small Things (3 weeks) 09. (11) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (14 weeks) 10. (05) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (4 weeks) 12. (09) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (7 weeks) 13. (16) Eurythmics - 17 Again (2 weeks) 14. (15) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (10 weeks) 17. (NE) U2 - The Ground Beneath Her Feet (1 week) 18. (18) R.E.M - The Great Beyond (2 weeks) 19. (19) George Michael - Miss Sarajevo (2 weeks) 20. (NE) Joe Cocker - My Father's Son (1 week) Future hit ? : Richard Ashcroft - A Song For The Lovers
-
Radio Maximum Top 20 (Russia)
20th February 2000 01. (01) Sting - Desert Rose (7 weeks) (2 weeks at # 1) 02. (05) Madonna - American Pie (3 weeks) 04. (03) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (5 weeks) 05. (07) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (3 weeks) 08. (11) Blink 182 - All The Small Things (2 weeks) 09. (08) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (6 weeks) 10. (17) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside (2 weeks) 11. (10) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (13 weeks) 15. (12) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (9 weeks) 16. (NE) Eurythmics - 17 Again (1 week) 18. (NE) R.E.M - The Great Beyond (1 week) 19. (NE) George Michael - Miss Sarajevo (1 week) Out : Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (410 points, peak position # 3) Future hit ? : Joe Cocker - My Father's Son
-
Radio Maximum Top 20 (Russia)
13th February 2000 01. (02) Sting - Desert Rose (6 weeks) (1 week at # 1) 03. (05) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (4 weeks) 05. (16) Madonna - American Pie (2 weeks) 07. (12) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (2 weeks) 08. (07) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (5 weeks) 10. (08) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (12 weeks) 11. (NE) Blink 182 - All The Small Things (1 week) 12. (10) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (8 weeks) 14. (09) Offspring - She's Got Issues (5 weeks) 15. (11) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (34 weeks) 17. (NE) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside (1 week) 20. (19) Fun Lovin' Criminals - Couldn't Get It Right (4 weeks) Future hit ? : R.E.M - The Great Beyond
-
Radio Maximum Top 20 (Russia)
6th February 2000 02. (02) Sting - Desert Rose (5 weeks) 05. (05) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (3 weeks) 07. (11) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (4 weeks) 08. (08) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (11 weeks) 09. (09) Offspring - She's Got Issues (5 weeks) 10. (04) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (7 weeks) 11. (10) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (33 weeks) 12. (NE) Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (1 week) 16. (NE) Madonna - American Pie (1 week) 18. (18) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (7 weeks) 19. (20) Fun Lovin' Criminals - Couldn't Get It Right (3 weeks) 20. (13) Celine Dion - That's The Way It Is (3 weeks) Out : Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright (353 points, 2 weeks at # 1) Future hit ? : Oasis - Go Let It Out
-
Radio Maximum Top 20 (Russia)
Garbage - You Look So Fine was # 1 in 1999 Year-End chart with 382 points. (Peak position # 3, 30 weeks in chart). Points system is very simple (20 points for 1st place in weekly chart, 1 point for 20th place). As I know Maximum chart started in 1995 year and was very mainstream. After 1999 year the chart became more rock/indie, you will not see such pure pop acts as Britney in 2001 year. Beside some huge acts (Madonna, Michael Jackson, ABBA) in my country foreign rock\indie music always was much more popular than pop. Pop and rap fans usually prefer Russian language music.
-
Radio Maximum Top 20 (Russia)
30th January 2000 02. (02) Sting - Desert Rose (4 weeks) 04. (03) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (6 weeks) 05. (07) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (2 weeks) 08. (05) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (10 weeks) 09. (09) Offspring - She's Got Issues (4 weeks) 10. (08) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (32 weeks) 11. (16) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (3 weeks) 13. (19) Celine Dion - That's The Way It Is (2 weeks) 14. (11) Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright (23 weeks) 18. (18) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (6 weeks) 20. (20) Fun Lovin' Criminals - Couldn't Get It Right (2 weeks) Future hit ? : Madonna - American Pie
-
Radio Maximum Top 20 (Russia)
23rd January 2000 02. (05) Sting - Desert Rose (3 weeks) 03. (02) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (5 weeks) 05. (03) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (9 weeks) 07. (NE) Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy (1 week) 08. (08) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (31 weeks) 09. (12) Offspring - She's Got Issues (3 weeks) 11. (06) Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright (22 weeks) 16. (19) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (2 weeks) 17. (10) Cranberries - Just My Imagination (13 weeks) 18. (18) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (5 weeks) 19. (NE) Celine Dion - That's The Way It Is (1 week) 20. (NE) Fun Lovin' Criminals - Couldn't Get It Right (1 week) Future hit ? : M2M - Don't Say You Love Me
-
Radio Maximum Top 20 (Russia)
16th January 2000 02. (02) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (4 weeks) 03. (01) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (8 weeks) 05. (08) Sting - Desert Rose (2 weeks) 06. (05) Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright (21 weeks) 08. (07) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (30 weeks) 10. (06) Cranberries - Just My Imagination (12 weeks) 12. (11) Offspring - She's Got Issues (2 weeks) 15. (13) Roxette - Salvation (5 weeks) 16. (16) Blink 182 - What's My Age Again? (9 weeks) 17. (17) Five - Keep On Movin' (4 weeks) 18. (20) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (4 weeks) 19. (NE) Eric Clapton - (I) Get Lost (1 week) Future hit ? : Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy
-
Radio Maximum Top 20 (Russia)
9th January 2000 01. (01) Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (7 weeks) (2 weeks at # 1) 02. (09) Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You (3 weeks) 05. (02) Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright (20 weeks) 06. (05) Cranberries - Just My Imagination (11 weeks) 07. (08) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (29 weeks) 08. (NE) Sting - Desert Rose (1 week) 11. (NE) Offspring - She's Got Issues (1 week) 13. (07) Roxette - Salvation (4 weeks) 15. (10) Eurythmics - I Saved The World Today (15 weeks) 16. (11) Blink 182 - What's My Age Again? (8 weeks) 17. (15) Five - Keep On Movin' (3 weeks) 20. (18) Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly (3 weeks) Future hit ? : Robbie Williams - She's The One
-
Radio Maximum Top 20 (Russia)
My home country didn't have any official charts, the most popular hitlist was Russian version of MTV top 20, which sadly is not available on Internet. From radio charts the most prestigious and well-known were Europe Plus Top 40 and Maximum Top 20. It's a little bit of personal nostalgia. I was the active follower of Radio Maximum chart in 1999 - 2005 years. I will skip the positions of Russian acts.
-
1993 Top 75's of the year
The first single "Through The Years" spent 4 weeks in my chart and peaked at # 11. My retro chart was started with 1970 year, so it didn't include her 60s big hits. My favourite Cilla single is "Something Tells Me (Something Is Gonna Happen Tonight)" , "Best single of the year" for 1971.
-
Mack's Top 40 (2000)
Your chart is similar with official UK chart. There are not any flops, which became big hits in your chart. Interesting chartrun for Ronan Keating.
-
Jester’s rank of 1997 number 1s
Block Rockin’ Beats is the worst # 1 from 1997 year. Now I think that Tori Amos (Remix) is huge contender for # 1 here.
-
Eurovision Fan Favourites Top 50 [2010 - 2025]
Everybody knows about awful music taste of hardcore ESC fans.
-
The Worst Songs Ever!
RATM - Killing In The Name
-
Chez Wombat ranks the 2005 #1s
"Amarillo" and Elvis re-issues are my favourite # 1s from 2005. Also I like World Cup version from 2006 year.
-
Jester’s rank of 1997 number 1s
It's not even the best song about Barbie doll (YVA ❤️). Also I prefer Kaia Tamm's parody and Samanda cover is more girlish and joyful.
-
Popchartfreak's A to Z of 21st Century Greatest Hits
Little Things is wonderful, I didn't listen a full album.
-
Year End Battle UK vs AUS - Year 2000 - #16
Vanessa, this single is better than "Absolutely Everybody" and "Lady" is rubbish.
-
Diana Vickers - Pretty Boys
For me she sounds like Kylie.
-
The Gallup Years- Top 10 Sales- 1991
British ESC song Samantha Janus - A Message To Your Heart will debut on the next week.
-
1993 Top 75's of the year
Oops ! I forgot about fantastic ABBA-esque song "Never Change A Winning Team" from Dutch duo Chess, which had 5 weeks on the top in 1987 year (# 2 in Year-End chart).
-
john's 1995 charts
Me & My - Let The Love Goes On was a big radio hit in Russia in 1999 year. The one from sisters (Susanne) represented Andorra in Eurovision Song Contest 2009 with the song "La Teva Decisio"