Everything posted by Nosey
-
All Saints Dropped Speculation
I've only seen it on tv once. It's a shame, because there was so much hope for this project and Rock Steady was excellent, but they don't seem to have consolodated that. No-one seems to care, and that includes them.
-
Gareth Gates, it's official, and confirmed
I'm really struck by how different Angel on My Shoulder sounds, but the clip I'd heard of it before was from the gig, and it was an acoustic version. :P Gareth and everyone around him have played their cards very close to their chest over the last couple of years, so I don't think they'll be pressurised into adding the full song too soon. I really want to hear it all, but my sensible head says they need to hold off until they have a release date, and are ready to start promoting properly. He should have filmed the video by now too! :cheer:
-
Darren Hayes Live Dates
Thanks for the tip-off maggles. Darren is brilliant and I love the sound of those gigs.
-
Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High
I'm still swithering on whether or not to get this album, as there seems to be a rush of good stuff at the minute. Which tracks should I listen to?
-
Gareth Gates, it's official, and confirmed
I love Gareth's voice, but understand not everyone will like him, and I am sure those who have always found fault will continue to find something to criticise. ;) I think it is of note that a number of people who were neutral towards previous material has said they have liked what they've heard.
-
Gareth Gates, it's official, and confirmed
That sounds like the very end of Changes. It's definitely slower than the clips we've heard before. The first time I heard that bit it seemed odd, but now it's just very lush. :wub: The other clips sound different too, lol. Angel on My Shoulder sounds quite epic! I really need to hear the full versions. :cheer:
-
B-sides to be scrapped?
I always love to hear the b-sides. They might be songs that didn't make the cut for the album, but maybe because they didn't fit the overall style, and not because they weren't good enough. And everyone has a different opinion about what is better, so it gives fan something extra. B-sides might be an opportunity for an artist to include a song they really liked, but the record company sniffed at, or be an outlet for material they produce inbetween albums, if the promotion for each album is over a long period. Even if it's a remix or a live version of a song, the fact that there is a home for b-sides is a good thing. I can see why record companies will care less and less about them, but it's always going to be something fans want to hear.
-
iTunes.co.uk Download Chart 2007 February
I adored Littlest Things, but I'd long since bought the album by the time it came out, and I imagine that it was the sort of song that would drive album sales. Alfie should hopefully do the same, but I also think that it's quirkier, and so it's more likely people might want the track as a standalone song, so could do better as a single in terms of its own chart position. It's got a much better video too, which will help, as well as the Brits hype.
-
Lily Allen Topics Before Forum
The video is brilliant and pitched just right. I was beginning to find the song a bit trite, but this has given is a whole new lease of life.
-
Album chart next week
I want Mika and Bloc Party. I think Mika has the biggest buzz, but there are a lot of good vibes about Bloc Party too.
-
Girls Aloud vs Sugababes - Walk This Way
Easily number one. I wanted to love it, then I heard it and I cringed, but I've caught myself singing it a few times today, so I reckon it's a grower. It's not intended to be a well crafted, credible song. It's good, fun pop and it's a talking point, which is exactly what a Comic Relief song should be. The video could have done without the comedy extras, or at least not Sonia Jackson/Fowler. What was that about?
-
The Buzzjack Sunday Chart Thread
It will become a student anthem. Any excuse to wear jeans for days on end and be proud. :lol: I love the top 3 this week.
-
Top 50 Airplay Chart
Thanks. Patience is still very popular, which should be good, but it would be a shame if radio stations kept playing that instead of switching to the new song.
-
Top 50 Airplay Chart
Is there any sign of Take That and "Shine" yet?
-
Gareth Gates, it's official, and confirmed
There's always the risk that a DJ might be arsy about a guest after they have left, but if they are that way inclined, they will probably have been arsy about them anyway. At least this way, the listeners get to hear them in interview for themselves, and the interview itself, plus mentions of it in advance, all act as promotion. There are very few examples I can remember of a DJ being snidey about a guest after they have left, but I remember a lot of cases where DJs were left impressed by a person they were indifferent to before that interview, and who go on to talk about them and their music positively for some time afterwards. It can be tedious to singers, actors and their fans when DJs would rather talk about what seems irrelevant, rather than the song, or film, which they are there to promote, but realistically, anyone using a radio show to promote what they are doing has to accept that the radio station's priority is to get you to talk about things that will interest all of their listeners, which will extend beyond whatever is being promoted. That doesn't mean you have to answer all the questions asked, but you shouldn't be suprised that they might want to ask the more juicy stuff. One big problem with a radio tour is that all the DJs will ask the same questions, which must get dull, but that's not the DJs fault. They are there to ask on behalf of their listeners, who they can reasonably assume have not listened to all the other interviews the person did that morning. However, I think that's a problem that Gareth is looking forward to facing. :D
-
Gareth Gates, it's official, and confirmed
I said I didn't like the individual artist forums. I'm far more likely to read about an artist (solo, group, male, female) if there is a thread in Pop, rather than filed away in their own, dedicated space and I think the place suffers because of the segregation. I doubt Gareth's airplay will be as good as All Saints, but Gareth never did get good airplay. I think he stands a decent chance of reasonable airplay this time round, because he's moved away from Simon Cowell, which was always held against him. It just depends how open minded the playlist people are.
-
Gareth Gates, it's official, and confirmed
Who said we needed more female solo pop artists? This is a thread about Gareth, and you've tried to introduce David Bowie into it. I know he did the whole androgenous thing, but I don't think that counts. :wacko: I do wonder if you are reading the same thread as the rest of us. :blink: BTW, I was already grown-up when Gareth first hit the charts. :P
-
Sunday Chart Predictions
Great for Take That, Bloc Party and Mika. :D
-
Gareth Gates, it's official, and confirmed
I'll tell you one thing Gareth and David Bowie have in common. Me! I am a big fan of both, but if you put up a poll for a forum for Bowie, I would say no, because I think there are too many individual forums, and I am far more likely to spot a thread on an artist if it's in one of the general areas. It's a bit silly to criticise Gareth for his looks, and even more silly to criticise him for being about image, not talent when you go on to say he's not even good looking. No-one is forcing you to comment on every update about Gareth, let alone buy the new music, so I don't know why you are so rattled by him. :wacko: And correct me if I'm wrong, but David Bowie has never been shy of creating a strong image to go with his music, which is one of the things that makes him the great artist he is.
-
Airplay Top 50
Thanks for posting. That's good for Sophie after such a long absence. I'm glad to see Patience is dropping down the chart, and I'm hoping it will be to make way for Shine, which should be very radio friendly.
-
Which Pop Princess Had The Best Debut Single?
Britney, Britney, Britney. Although I was expecting to be voting "I should be so lucky" for Kylie!
-
Gareth Gates, it's official, and confirmed
My auntie's friend is a captain in the merchant navy and he has a normal (albeit very nice) house, not particularly near the sea! Presumably it is at the very least by the sea and might have some sea/naval memorabelia about the place too. :arrr: Hopefully it is a very warm house, so he'll need to sit around in his vest! :yahoo: On a more serious note, I'm pleased that Changes is the choice for the first single. It struck me the first time I heard it. It has a simple, but compelling chord structure and his voice sounds beautiful on it. I've listened to the clip over and over, and get very frustrated that it cuts out just as it is getting going.
-
Gareth Gates, it's official, and confirmed
Yes, it seemed they only ever played the introductions to the songs, and stopped before getting to where you might expect a hook to be. I know a lot of people enjoyed what they heard, but with so much left unheard, such as the choruses, or any of the upbeat songs, it is inevitable there are people who will be wanting something more. Until full versions are released, it's not possible to tell if those people will be satisfied. Gareth is doing a webchat on his official site next Friday, so we might at least get a few answers to what he is planning to release and when, and it might mark the start of proper promotion, such as making some music available on his MySpace. :cheer:
-
Emma Bunton - All I Need To Know
I thought that too. I wonder if it was a deliberate move on her part, of just something subconscious. It was probably freezing when she was filming! It's a very pretty song and her voice sounds beautiful, but I'm worried that it isn't stand-out enough to make an impact. With good airplay it could do well, or at least shift some albums, but I don't know if she'll get it.
-
All Saints - Chick Fit
I saw the video on Popworld this morning and at first viewing it's fun with a lot going on. Shazney is looking great and the drummers are a nice touch, but the stark white background screams of budget cuts, which is a shame. I love the song and I don't think the video is that bad, but I'm not sure if it's the kind of thing that will inspire a lot of new album purchases. Hopefully they can charm their way back onto some prime time tv and win over a few more people this time.