Everything posted by Nosey
-
Sunday Chart Predictions - Analysis
It's looking very good for All Saints now. :cheer: And congratulations to Girls Aloud in advance. A number one album is long overdue.
-
Hidden Gems
Agree with the second Rachel Stevens album and Sinead Quinn. Both very good albums, but ignored because people assumed they'd be no good. :(
-
Totally Boyband Upper Street
It seems as if everyone turned against them. The footage on MTV was counter-productive in the end.
-
- Jordan & Peter Andre - A Whole New World -
You don't think this album is just a vanity project for the wannabe pop star that is Jordan? After the car crash that was Eurovision, they have to use the charity excuse to justify releasing it, but rest assured Jordan and Peter make their real money from selling their souls to OK magazine, and this project will secure a few more lucrative exclusives. :wacko:
-
Sunday Chart Predictions
Poor Alesha. I hope she can move up during the week. The same for All Saints. It really ought to make top 5 next week, top 3 ideally.
-
Alesha - Knockdown
If the new entries from this week drop. There are a lot of songs just hanging around.
-
Choose your FAVE and WORST new entry
Fave: Alesha, Simon Webbe Worst: Sean Paul
-
The Buzzjack Sunday Chart Thread
This song is alright really. It just sounds like it should be number 5, not number 1 and the way it got to number 1 is frustrating for any chart purist. Obviously marketing is never equal for all acts, and creative PR should be praised, but this has just pi$$ed everyone off.
-
Alesha - Knockdown
That's actually better than I'd anticipated. i've not felt as if the promotion for this hasn't has taken off, but maybe I'm still mourning the loss of CD:UK to give a proper marker to when a song is released.
-
The Buzzjack Sunday Chart Thread
How depressing for Girls Aloud. Being such a high new entry on downloads last week they must have expected to go up by more than 2 measley places. It'll be interesting to see the final sales figures.
-
The Buzzjack Sunday Chart Thread
Bit of a rubbish follow-up to two of the best songs of the year. It's one I skip when I play the album.
-
Gnarls Barkley - Who Cares?/Gone Daddy Gone
They were great on Jonathon Ross on Friday. I hope their album gets the boost it deserves.
-
The Buzzjack Sunday Chart Thread
At least we're getting a bit of a clear out this week.
-
The Buzzjack Sunday Chart Thread
Will they show this on the tv? I feel sorry for Bradley, but the others are idiots.
-
For GA to hold on #2 !!
I hope Girls Aloud stay at number 2. I wish they were number one, but charts are charts. You have to respect that other people buy different stuff.
-
Post views - no longer updates immediately
That's a shame, but there's no point in having up to the second site views visible if we can't get into the threads to read them! Thanks for finding this solution.
-
Alesha - Knockdown
This song isn't picking up as much as I'd hoped. Rubbish airplay, and if I'm honest, her tv performances haven't been anything to get excited about. I hope she's got something bit to pull out of the bag next week. She's on Buzzcock's tonight!
-
Sunday Chart Predictions
Too late for this week, they've already got a very strong head start, but their % decrease next week could be a record. If it was one of their better records I'd praise the marketing team, but this track is one of their worst, so it just grates.
-
Cowell hits out at Charlotte Church
Charlotte is rich enough that she doesn't need to do anything simply for 'success'. Enjoying her career and 'only' having 6 million in the bank is worth more than being miserable with 8 million. I bought Charlotte's pop album, but none of her classical albums, so for me it was a good decision. It didn't sell brilliantly, but well enough to get her another one, and the next one is bound to be more consistent, which was the main criticism of Tissues and Issues. I'm not that fussed about Charlotte as a chat show host, even though she is good at it. I love her duets at the end, and I'm sure the experience of trying out different songs with different artists week after week will help Charlotte to hone her own style.
-
Keane to release single on USB memory stick
Bargain (for a memory stick). You can get them a lot cheaper than £20 these days, but £3.99 is better than anything I've seen.
-
Beatles Love Album with tracklisting
I'm sure I've got most of those in some way, shape or form, but that looks like a pretty cool tracklisting. One for the Christmas list. :D
-
Sunday Chart Predictions
I'm really happy for the Pet Shop Boys, and :puke2: about Amy Winehouse. It just goes to show that getting drunk and making an idiot out of yourself does shift units. :blink:
-
Simon Webbe - Grace era
I think this new single is the strongest song he's done, but it does identify his weaknesses. The vocals sound very, very processed in places, and there are only so many songs you can release that allow the backing singers to do all the work. Or is there? I dunno. As a stand-alone song, I think it's good, and the last album was popular enough.
-
GARETH GATES
I'm loving this news. I can't wait to see the documentary and for Gareth's new album. :cheer: This thread just proves how right 19 were to let Gareth keep a low profile in the last few years. There was obviously no danger of people forgetting who he was. That article is hilarious. Are we to believe that Gareth has spent the last two and a half years writing for this album (we'll gloss over the songs he wrote on previous albums), just so he can be compared with this year's hot new favourite, Paulo Nutini? I didn't even realise that Paulo and this year's other break-through artists were considered to be the country's leading singer-songwriters. Poor Elton. :blink: It also seems to say that Gareth took up the guitar at the age of 9 just so in years to come someone could write an article to say that he was forming a guitar band to be just like McFly. Never mind that Gareth didn't ever form that guitar band - it seems to be quite a good angle for a story, so may as well keep it in. Shame they couldn't find a way to incorporate the rumours (also denied) that Gareth was doing a classical album, or an album of gospel music (oops, another mistake the papers made). Oh yes, and Gareth 'copied' Justin. Most reviewers (and fans) felt that the album's influences could be found in Gareth's childhood musical heroes, such as George Michael, and Michael Jackson, but I suppose Gareth saying that he 'liked the new Justin album' was good enough reason for The Sun to say he was copying and if it's good enough for The Sun, it's good enough for a witty editorial. Unfortunately it did rather clash with the theory that Gareth's second album was filled with cover version ballads, but The Sun knows it's target audience is stupid, so has never worried about their own audience spotting their inconsistencies, so I don't see why Hecklerspray should worry about it either. You know, it's days like today that make me all nostalgic for the school playground. :yahoo:
-
Your Fave and Worst new entry
Fave: Corinne Bailey Rae Worst: Hoff