Jump to content

Nosey

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nosey

  1. Here you are!! Lost in You from Blackpool jPXWVA7yZLQ Pictures of the Other Side (picture quality isn't great, but the sound is good enough to let people know what it's like) 66LoDYIzDII And not an upbeat track, but it's a great performance, Angel on my Shoulder on Graham Norton qsLInjjmfl4
  2. Nosey posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    They claim it is relative. So a song expected to be number 1 charting at number 10 might be treated as a flop, but a song expected to miss, but charting higher could be a hit. TBH, they seem to make it up as they go along!
  3. I'm sure there are some YouTube performances posted on here already. I'll see what I can dig up.
  4. This looks very promising. I still play her first album. :D
  5. Very good chat and great performance. The Gareth we saw on Graham Norton is the Gareth I recognise from the snippets of behind the scenes stuff we'd seen over the years. I'm glad everyone else is getting to see that side of him too.
  6. They just want to stir things up between the fans. Best ignored. Gareth has moved up into the top 20 in the latest midweeks. Not brilliant, but he's doing better than a few of his peers, and it's quite respectable given the airplay/video play situation. He's on Richard & Judy and Graham Norton tonight, so that should hopefully hold things steady until the end of the week.
  7. No Virgins near me! :P Sorry, on a more serious note, I wonder if Woolies will be putting up prices of more singles now that Asda and Tesco have stopped stocking them. For a lot of the country, that was their competition, and if they are now the only shop within miles selling the things, they can afford to increase their profit margin.
  8. Nosey posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Thanks, but it would be nice to hear it on the radio too. She gets so much respect from the press, yet never seems to get any tv gigs, unless I'm looking in the wrong places.
  9. That's where I got the link! :o I think it means a lot to Gareth to be able to get involved with all of the instrumentation. I'm pleased he found a good producer who was able to let him do that. Bit of a last minute add - he's on Richard & Judy tomorrow, as well as Graham Norton later in the evening.
  10. Nosey posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Here's hoping Gareth is 21. Would it be overly-optimistic to think they might have missed the data from Woolworths?
  11. I remember all of Gareth's early CDs were £3.99, so this is a bargain. In fact, I'm sure after almost everyone else was selling at £1.99 BMG were still charging the full £3.99, which was OK for Spirit in the Sky, because it had to raise money for charity, but Sunshine was that price too. I don't mind paying £2.99 for my copy, and it's cheaper than trying to find an HMV. Love it, love it, love it, and I love that Gareth has been so involved with making these songs. Naturally, I want him to have the commercial success he so thoroughly deserves, but to be able to release material like this that means a lot to him, must be incredibly satisfying. He also confirmed that he plans to release his music in Europe and Asia, but no dates set yet. It's all in here along with a few cheeky questions! I'm surprised they didn't edit them a bit. :wacko:
  12. Nosey posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I think there may be an album of songs from the musicals out at some point. I think he has to be careful what he agrees to, because he could lose some credibility if he suddenly appears to want to be a recording star, which is daft, but it could happen anyway. I'm indifferent to his version of Any Dream Will Do, but I would be interested in hearing other material from him. You can buy the Jason Donovan Joseph album in Woolies in their cheap albums section. I bought Gareth's Angel on my Shoulder today. I'd love him to go top 10, but we'll have to wait and see. Most people seem to say they much prefer it to Changes, but not being the first single, it's not had as much attention, and promotion seems to be geared towards the album, which is how it should be. I'm very interested to see how Take That will do. Promotion for I'll Wait For Life seems so low key by comparison to Patience and Shine, but they have quite a solid hard-core of fans who I'm sure will want to add this to their collection. :)
  13. Nosey posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I'm a bit late for this, but Gareth for me. I adore Angel on my Shoulder. I love Kelly too (second album era), but I'm not fussed with this song. Dindy, I don't think 19 has any input into her overall career, Kelly still uses them to look after her when she comes to the UK. Or she did with her old management. Who knows what she'll be doing now.
  14. If you download the album from iTunes on the Monday, you'll get Drive as a bonus track. :D
  15. Lee was my favourite Joseph and I think he could release some great records, but this isn't one of them, so I won't be buying. I did think it would have been straight to the top of the download chart, but I'm sure physical sales will more than make up for it next week, but maybe not selling as much as I had expected.
  16. I don't have any more details about the event itself, other than it being from 12-12, so there could be quite a few people on, but it is also a long time to hang around without specific information about who is on when. I read that Lil' Chris was supposed to be there too. It would be an odd thing for The Star to make up, but there's been nothing on Gareth's OS about it. I wouldn't treat that as gospel anyway, because he often appears on things with absolutely no warning. I only hope he knows what he is supposed to be doing!
  17. Not if they've got any sense. HMV are charging half as much, and offering free postage, plus the first 350 orders will be signed! :D
  18. Nosey posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Congratulations to Rihanna topping both charts. She's doing so well right now. I'm disappointed Mutya only just managed to get into the top 10 with her album, but hopefully it can hang around for a while.
  19. More proper music shows in the vein of TOTP or CD:UK, and less cookery shows. Being able to buy a CD single without having to catch three buses and trek through the shop to get to the very back.
  20. Beverley Knight is the best, and I love her, so voted for her, but James Morrison is probably my favourite at the minute. I don't think of him as soul particularly though, so he can't be best at that. The weakest singers are probably Simon Webbe and Jamelia, but Joss is bloomin' annoying. Great voice, but boy does she wail.
  21. Will123 is far too obviously trying to stir things to be credible. The Mail reported this story as being featured in the documentary, and said that was why Gareth didn't like to be recognised when he went out. They also claimed that when being interviewed about it for the documentary, Gareth said he hadn't told his parents about it yet, because he hadn't wanted to worry them. :blink: It wasn't in the final documentary, and I had wondered if it had been edited out at the last minute, which would explain the way in which it seemed to lack proper structure and they were so interested in how people reacted to him in the street. The Mail also said at the time that Gareth lived in a small one bedroom rented flat in London and tried to make him sound all tragic, so I also thought they could be making it all up. I don't suppose they would repeat it during a proper feature, which included an interview if it wasn't true, although I don't think asked him directly. It's quite a sad reflection on the society we live in, and unfortunately isn't restricted to famous faces. Whatever kicks those lads got out of what they did, I bet they don't know a fraction of the happiness Gareth knows. Angel On My Shoulder is available for download tomorrow! :yahoo:
  22. Nosey posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I hope Rihanna can edge it. It's a good strong week for albums.
  23. Nosey posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Maybe one per household, so that will be about 20 million! :yahoo:
  24. Available for download on 11th! Sorry, it's not that great quality again, but here's Gareth at the Breathing Life awards that were on tv last night. x6_UlrIe63Y and on Paul O'Grady last week. wakUgeVLCyg
  25. Apparently Terry Wogan said it was a good song and it's great to have Gareth back. All we need now is for local radio to get into it! Radio 1 is a lost cause.