Everything posted by nickthenoodle
-
Renewal//Cancelation 2011 || FOX, NBC + ABC cancel pg15/16
Tbh, I don't see why showtime are bothering with Jackie, its ratings are far from spectacular - and although I do like it - it's just so grim. The Big C is much better, imo.
-
FNT Nickodonia National Thread XXVI -
After a painful five contest absence - Nickodonia returns with Safura's Paradise - in the hopes of qualifying the final for the 9th time and gaining the country's 1st win. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvF3WWr4IIU
-
Ashton's Top 100 BJSC Entries
Rontvia to lock out the top 34?
-
R.I.P. Kathy Kirby (1938-2011)
Always sad news when a Eurovision hero dies :(.
-
'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'
I went into this expecting (and kinda wanting) to hate it - but after the first 20 minutes or so it was really good - big improvement on the last two films :arrr:
-
Timoteij - Het
OMG that girl just made mi lyf! And glad to see they've stayed true to their accordian roots <3 Reckon the 'Het' is gonna be a big dance routine in the clubs this summer ;).
-
CONFIRMATION - BJSC XXXIV
I jest! I haven't sent Het, I've sent some messy pop number with rap interludes and auto-tune fills.
-
CONFIRMATION - BJSC XXXIV
I hope y'all don't het my entry :kink:
-
Green Room || BJFESTIVALEN & BJSC XXXIV
That said there's equal likeliness of 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 all coming up as any other numbers :D.
-
Individual jury voting results
•12 Hungary •10 Azerbaijan •8 Ireland :o... •7 Serbia •6 Iceland •5 Austria •4 Italy •3 France •2 Lithuania •1 Georgia From Finland
-
ESC - Ratings Success In The UK
1.1 million ahead of BGT on average (although it would be fair to say BGT had a higher rating when they were head to head).
-
Eurovision 2011 · THE FINAL THREAD
New Timoteij, Safura AND Ruslana singles in the same week <3 WOW.
-
US TV Primetime Discussion || Fall 2011
30 Rock for a mid season premier and in its last season :o? Sad :(.
-
Questions for 2012
I'd like to see 9 through from each semi + the big 5 + Azerbaijan then one further qualifier being chosen by a jury vote from the two semi finals: 18 + 5 + 1 + 1 Maybe a bit too much :D?
-
CONFIRMATION - BJSC XXXIV
Oh good, so in my absence the contest hasn't become totally mod controlled, I'm glad :P.
-
CONFIRMATION - BJSC XXXIV
If two people have chosen the same entry will it be the first person who sent it who gets to keep it - or will it be a moderator decision?
-
Eurovision 2011 · THE FINAL THREAD
Whilst I agree that it's a beautiful country with an amazing culture - it's not free of its skeletons and I wouldn't call it peaceful. The political system is far from democratic and their unconditional support of Turkey (over issues such as Armenian genocide) as well as their war with Armenia (primarily over a monument erected by the Russians for the Armenians) which is an ongoing dispute suggests to me that it's far from peaceful. I actually met the British delegate from Azerbaijan (in Bhukara, Uzbekistan) and she said it's one of the most corrupt and oppressive regimes in the world Soz :kink:
-
Eurovision 2011 · THE FINAL THREAD
Yeah, I know that there's a strong 'bond' between the Turkic nations - although I did think that over the last few years it had diminished, given the emerging sense of 'jingoistic' nationalism in the central Asian republics and Azerbaijan (OMG I read a book about that blew my mind :wacko:) But I digress, Azerbaijan should give us one hell of a show - and I'm glad to see them emerging on an international stage, although unfortunately it seems to be at the expense of their people and domestic policy =\.
-
Eurovision 2011 · THE FINAL THREAD
I wonder if Turkey <-> Azerbaijan will become the new Greece <-> Cyprus :o? 4th year in a row that Turkey have given their 12 to the Azeris and I expect they would have reciprocated if hey were in the final.
-
Eurovision betting 2011
Well done with Ukraine there!
-
Eurovision 2011 · THE FINAL THREAD
+ I'm delighted Azerbaijan won,if only to make up for Safura and AySel and Arash not doing it :D It's #1 on my list of countries to visit, although I'm not sure if jet-setting to the caucausus in the middle of my A Levels would be a good idea...
-
Eurovision 2011 · THE FINAL THREAD
I was wondering (cynically and convaluted-ly) if the juries pegged France back in order to manufacture an exciting vote. i.e. not all putting France at #1 expecting them to win the televote and set up a close battle with Azerbaijan (or someone), perhaps putting Italy and Ukraine near the top expecting them to fail in the televote and having a battle between the jury favoured songs and the voting favoured songs. That said, we can't say that until the split is revealed - I just wonder if they wanted a closer result than the last 2 years :o.
-
Eurovision 2011 · THE FINAL THREAD
He obviously read the Mail's article stating that Jedward were thwarted by geo-political voting :mellow:...
-
CONFIRMATION - BJSC XXXIV
Yes, you heard it right - FNT Nickodonia are back and raring to win. Maybe.
-
Eurovision 2011 · Predictions
Oh dear :o I put a :( face at Hungary being 10th - and they're 22nd?! Estonia (who I predicted to win up until last Monday) in 24th? France and UK were miles off, I only matched 5 of the top 10 :o oh dear Only 20 places off with Italy too :kink:.