Everything posted by Jessie Where
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
I love this, although it was surprising to see it become as big as it did after so many years away (and feeling quite late career), and even moreso considering the comeback 'Suit & Tie' came and went in a flash.
-
Ultimate Survivor #15 : Round 7
Florence and her machinery
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
Not the greatest Queen fan, but I have to say this is one of my absolute favourites of theirs. It's a masterpiece.
-
R3: 1 Year On Album Survivor • That’s Showbiz Baby!
Going with Lip Service
-
Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades
Just weeks after Sam Smith, really? I don't think Miley's ever really been a renowned huge album artist anyway so it doesn't really affect her in the same way say Witness did for Katy Perry (for example).
- Essentially- The Pet Shop Boys Rate!
-
Favourite Steps Member - Round 3
Lisa is a hun, but I can't help feel out of the 3 is perhaps the least essential member of the group.
-
Kylie & Madonna - Love Sensation (remix)
I doubt it I think they've moved on now to the 'Danceteria' remix. It's done its job.
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Probably a better representation of what Bebe's original sounds like:
-
SoundClash: One Hit Wonders | #1
Iglu & Hartly by miles and miles
-
Friday Chart Predictions
The second half would probably be the one if you're looking for more upbeat/dancy/synthy Carly.
-
RATE: Best Original Steps Cover
06 Bananarama - Last Thing On My Mind (Steps) 06 Bee Gees - Tragedy (Steps) 03 Elaine Paige & Barbara Dickson - I Know Him So Well (the original) 11 Kylie Minogue - Better The Devil You Know (the original) 09 Diana Ross - Chain Reaction (the original) (although Steps did an ace version) 05 Benny Andersson Band - Story Of A Heart (the original) 06 Delta Goodrem - Dancing With A Broken Heart (the original) 08 Jenny Silver - Something In Your Eyes (Steps) 07 Five Star - The Slightest Touch (Steps) 07 VINCINT - Hard 2 Forget (the original) BONUS: 02 Worlds Apart - Here and Now (Steps) 06 Mollie King - In The Dark (To The Beat Of My Heart) (Steps)
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I wonder what's actually gone wrong with Carly Rae here. Her last album charted at #16 in a busier climate, before the variants era and I don't think she's necessarily any less popular than she was then (as a niche act) Also one of her side B's even charted at #42.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Carly Rae not even top 40?! 🥺
-
Madonna & Charli xcx - Danceteria Afterhours
Oooooh so maybe looking at another top tenner with this? I'm glad they're really going for it with these releases now. If they do this a few times she can overtake Cliff!
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
The plot thickens
-
Round 7: End Of Year Survivor #151
Don't Worry Duffy's song isn't exactly one of the greats, I might be gunning for that next.
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
I swear I only just twigged that the title is not "sadness" 🫣
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
'Thrift Shop' is great and very unique, 'I Love It' is a total banger and was so pleased to see that make its journey to becoming a number one! It's a shame they're effectively a one hit wonder, the album had such good stuff on it. (although I'm still so glad they didn't go ahead with following it up with 'Girlfriend')
-
XMAS ● Amazon Music Original
It's less than 10k away.
-
Light Years ● survivor round 3
I'm going with 'Koocachoo', I enjoy it if I'm playing the album through but it's not something I would really dream of listening to in isolation.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Oh my goodness Do a Lipa!
-
Friday Chart Predictions
What's a Freya Skye?
-
RATE: Best Original Steps Cover
I am going to do this, just need to dedicate some time. Shoot me a reminder on Monday!
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I'm hoping she might be on for top 20 if the last one could in a stronger climate. It's hard to gauge though, even I'm low-key barely interested this era