Jump to content

jaxxalude

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jaxxalude

  1. Is this the beginning of the end for Little Mix? Or will they have a "Whole Again" moment? Discuss!
  2. Call me crazy, but The Lumineers are one-hit wonders in the making. They'll probably still be around making music for a cult audience, but I don't think their mainstream moment in the sun will last.
  3. I was hoping the video would somehow warm me more towards "Suit & Tie". But alas, it's still a worthy but ultimately underwhelming song when stacked up against Justin's oeuvre.
  4. Like I said last week, Lawson's singles sound like The Wanted's rejects.
  5. Now THIS is proper dullness! :D
  6. I don't think anyone ever thought about Joe McElderry as a potential big future star, to be honest. But I might be wrong.
  7. You were the one who came with the personality thing. B-)
  8. James Arthur: the next Will Young or the next Steve Brookstein? Discuss!
  9. Kim Wilde didn't exactly have the greatest of personalities in her early 80's prime either, yet that didn't stop her from being a fascinating star in her own right.
  10. Where's the dullness in Ellie Goulding? :blink:
  11. I guess my last week's theory became true: FOB's Top 5 placing was more a question of fanbase rallying than anything else.
  12. Artistically speaking, she's everything perfect pop is supposed to be: off-centre, yet accessible. There's not much of it around these days. We're not exactly living through New Pop's late 70's/early 80's undeniable Golden Age, are we?
  13. Ellie Goulding is definitely one of the most fascinating pop acts to appear in the last few years!
  14. The mere fact this made the Top 30 is already a victory. It's not as if these acts make the singles chart that much. We're talking more albums acts here.
  15. Now THIS is serious business! :)
  16. And Nate Ruess isn't really doing much in this song either.
  17. On first listen, this is leaving me quite indifferent.
  18. I like this, but it sounds more like a buzz track than Top 40 single material, honestly. "Headlines" was much more apt for a mainstream breakthrough and yet it only hit 57. Go figure!
  19. I don't find "Kiss You"'s video cringe-worthy; it's actually One Direction having a sense of humour about themselves when putting themselves as matinee idols.
  20. This song just doesn't seem to get old! :)
  21. Maybe. And as someone said, it probably wasn't such in Korea - cultural issues and all that; and the fact that Psy is an established star in there. Still, as someone ancient once said, perception is everything. It might be unjust (I certainly think so), but there you go.
  22. Both "Suit & Tie" and "Mirrors" would go down like peanut butter with other, less distinguished talents. For Justin though, a certain sense of underwhelming creeps in, as he already proved he's capable of much better.
  23. Except "Harlem Shake" started as a genuine old-fashioned underground phenomenon, whereas "Gangnam Style" was a novelty from the ground up.
  24. Yup, it's chart clear-out week, it seems!