Everything posted by AdeyC
-
Bananarama "Love Comes"
No worries No way does it make me want to puke :angry: :) - after Abba they're my favourites of all time. They've always had that 'f*** off' attitude which I've always liked about them, have that amatuerish style which has always struck a chord with me. They'd not get past the audition stages of the X Factor if they were starting out now, but they have that certain something and can knock out a classy pop tune (in my opinion) usually with a naff dance routine (which I also love) Pop should be for everyone, I was over the moon when Cliff Richard got to No 1 with Millennium Prayer, despite that fact that I didn't like the song, purely because of the ageism shown against him. Anyway I'll be following the charts this week for the first time in a few years - not even sure if songs still don't go up in the second week nowdays.
-
Bananarama "Love Comes"
I honestly can't understand that point of view guys. I know you can't answer because you know who's singing it - but if you heard the song without knowing who it was or what the singers looked like - then the age of the singers wouldn't come into it, you'd either like it or not like it. Anyway, I'm a 43 year old who's loved the Nanas since their first song (can't believe that at the time that I thought the Belle Stars would outlast them) and I think it's a great song.
-
Gig: Woman of Rock, 1st November
The Nanas are the only ones that interest me.
-
Bananarama "Love Comes"
Sorry but I find that a ridiculous argument - whether a song is by Girls Aloud, Bananarama, Cliff Richard or Vera Lynn and a person likes it, its the song they like - whether the singer has kids, grandkids, wants to pass their driving test is irrelevant.
-
Bananarama "Love Comes"
But why should anyone only like/listen to music created by someone in their age range?
-
Bananarama "Love Comes"
When in your opinion did they become old - e.g 40th birthday - and were they young when 39 years 364 days old?
-
Chart For Week Up To 06/08/1983
Good old days, still got the 7" of all these :- 1 1 Paul Young - Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) 2 2 Freeez - IOU 3 4 Malcolm McLaren - Double Dutch 4 3 Eurythmics - Who's That Girl? 5 19 KC And The Sunshine Band - Give It Up 7 8 The Police - Wrapped Around Your Finger 8 10 Bananarama - Cruel Summer = One of the all time great summer songs 9 5 Heaven 17 - Come Live With Me 10 27 Wham! - Club Tropicana 12 7 Mike Oldfield - Moonlight Shadow = Maggie Riley at her best 16 26 Depeche Mode - Everything Counts 17 13 Irene Cara - Flashdance... What A Feeling = So much better than Fame 19 9 Rod Stewart - Baby Jane 20 29 Creatures - Right Now = Loved this 23 25 Lotus Eaters - The First Picture Of You = THE all time great summer song 24 42 Elton John - I'm Still Standing 34 41 Kim Wilde - Love Blonde = should have charted a lot higher, loved this 35 33 The Thompson Twins - Watching 40 48 David Grant - Watching You Watching Me 47 35 Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money = One of Donna's best
-
Bananarama "Love Comes"
I think it's a fantastic single and deserves to do well for them.