Everything posted by sammy01
-
Spice Girls at Christmas • "Spice Up Your Xmas" EP
I think the only hope for Goodbye is 2025. If they do Forever 25 then Goodbye can be used as a promo tool for it in December, especially if they use Holler/LLLTW to promote its release.
-
Steps releases on Vinyl!
Very odd release in terms of all 9 vinyls at once. You are surely forcing most fans to choose 1 of each, where as if they were spread out I'm sure fans would get 3 of each.
-
Claire Richards - 'Song for the Lonely'
I made it half way through that video. Tuneless song, a video that looks like a behind the scenes one from a Sunday newspaper magazine photoshoot.
-
Spice Girls at Christmas • "Spice Up Your Xmas" EP
I wasn't hopefull of anything exciting for Goodbye as they have no album to push from it like they did the Spiceworld singles and Spiceworld25. I had hoped the might use it as a chance to push Christmas Wrapping though.
-
Download Campaign: Cher - 'DJ Play a Christmas Song' 🎄
No
-
Spice Girls at Christmas • "Spice Up Your Xmas" EP
Christmas Wrapping up to #2 on their Spotify popular list. 2 become 1 is track #1 on the Throwback Thursday playlist and Spice Girls are the cover photo.
-
Spice Girls at Christmas • "Spice Up Your Xmas" EP
They have added Christmas Wrapping to 'A very Spicy Christmas' and put Goodbye as track 1. Now just to get Christmas Wrapping on 'This is'
-
Spice Girls at Christmas • "Spice Up Your Xmas" EP
I have flagged that up twice already but will probably fall on deaf ears. Ridiculous it isn't on there anyway. I was told the Spotify page will be getting an update soon.
-
Spice Girls at Christmas • "Spice Up Your Xmas" EP
I'm not entirely surprised she doesn't know it. It hasn't been till this last 2 years it has taken off. Sleigh Ride was the Christmas song that did better and was promoted more till recently. Christmas Wrapping is up to #4 on their popular list on Spotify.
-
Spice Girls • General Discussion
Having pre-Spice songs added would feed the 30 years narrative. With a new song and Song for her they can have 94-2000, 2007, 2016, 2024 heck they could throw in the Holler remix for 2019 too. All different line ups but showing different stages of the Spice Girls over 30 years. There for me is no point in touching the current GH, adding anything to it would just be taking away from it being a GH. They can throw out a vinyl of it with the original cover at some point next year.
-
Spice Girls at Christmas • "Spice Up Your Xmas" EP
It has spent the last 9 days doing between 100k-130k daily. Will obviously rise as we get closer to Christmas. Last year it peaked at over 400k Christmas eve.
-
Spice Girls at Christmas • "Spice Up Your Xmas" EP
Christmas Wrapping up to #5 on their popular list on Spotify. Will be #2 in no time as #2-#5 of their most popular all stream very similar numbers daily.
-
Spice Girls • General Discussion
For me the documentary would be the moment to open up the vaults. It is bound to show clips of 'were gonna make it happen' and a few others, they can easily include W.O.M.A.N too. Slap them on a cd called 'Spice Girls rarities 1994-2024' and record 1 or 2 new songs. Make 15 different formats and you easily have a number 1 UK album if released with the documentary. They can include some GH cast offs, Forever, touch/pre-Spice stuff, Song for her. Just have music spanning the whole 30 years.
-
Spice Girls • Spotify / Apple Music / iTunes / YouTube
Christmas Wrapping is #169 in the Shazam UK chart. This is its peak on the chart.
-
Spice Girls • General Discussion
The US store was fully restocked very recently, it even has the Wannabe cassette back in stock that was like gold dust to get even on pre-order. The individual vinyls were sold out for sure too as someone on Spice circle was pleased they were back in stock to complete their set of them. The UK store has the bare bones left, so it is an intetesting move to fully stock the US store again but not the UK.
-
Tension ● 16th album discussion
Pink had to do nearly 5.9k for #15, sales are up as we get close to Christmas (though obviously not anywhere near what they used to be). Anything top 20 for any older album right now is good going.
-
Spice Girls at Christmas • "Spice Up Your Xmas" EP
I get what is meant though, Sleigh Ride was I'm sure done in one take and has the talky bits, Christmas Wrapping is just two of them. One proper 5 piece properly recorded Christmas song would do wonders.
-
Emma Bunton - 'My Happy Place'
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was released to have it widely available on vinyl. As has been said the original pink version was a store exclusive that sold out a long time ago. They probably figured rather than reprint the pink and put it on Amazon/HMV change the vinyl colour and get extra sales from the collectors too.
-
The same artist charting with different names
Iirc she has charted under 4 names - Mel B Melanie G Melanie B Melanie Brown
-
Spice Girls at Christmas • "Spice Up Your Xmas" EP
Snow globe is sold out already. I snagged one early as I knew they would. For the first time ever I have ordered a tshirt off the store as I really like the navy Spiceworld gold one. I like simple designs and navy colour so it ticked boxes for me.
-
Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean
This is my favourite Tori song in a long while (though I adore Speaking with trees) so just had to order the vinyl for it off a German Bravado site as it is sold out everywhere else. Interesting that Florence sent vocals for it but he picked Tori instead. Though the little snippet of Florence version on his Youtube comparing to Tori sounds flat as a pancake.
-
Spice Girls • Spotify / Apple Music / iTunes / YouTube
Have no idea about Deezer playlists but Too Much is #83 on Deezer overall chart and 2 Become 1 #97. So I assume they must be getting some decent playlist on Deezer for Christmas.
-
Spice Girls • General Discussion
You can tell Rylan doesn't really care about the book, it has been out over a month and he hasn't read it. You can also tell he would be front row at Glastonbury or Wembley though in a heartbeat.
-
Spice Girls at Christmas • "Spice Up Your Xmas" EP
Christmas Wrapping has just been added as track 1 to the Spice Girls Best Of playlist, that will certainly help it. Just need it putting high up on This Is Spice Girls now too. It never got added to Best Of last year.
-
Spice Girls at Christmas • "Spice Up Your Xmas" EP
It started to get some airplay last year on radio 2, it gets a fair bit in the states too. The US seems to be where it started from, I'm not sure how but it just started to get a bit of traction in the US last year and that is why it was put on the big Christmas pop playlist. It was added pretty late if I remember like December 3rd so it has only really had 1 year exposure. It defo needs a radio edit to truly take off.