Jump to content

sammy01

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sammy01

  1. Why wont this chart on its own then not be combined with the original, as it is essentially a remix album which have always charted on their own? Though I'm sure the OCC will make it up as they go along.
  2. What they need is a top notch remix of Wannabe by a big name producer for 2023.
  3. Only 400k off breaking it then.
  4. Up another 49k monthly listeners today. Spice Girls net can you remember what they peaked at earlier this year, I seem to have 12.6m in my head?
  5. sammy01 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Rolling Stones holding up pretty well for a second week for a legacy act.
  6. sammy01 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Brenda is alive is a shock to me!
  7. Part of me does love how they (the label) have forced that remix to get attention and half decent streams when no one was looking for it.
  8. Thing with All I Want For Christmas is Mariah has ruined it herself. When it was a bit of fun a few years ago people calling her the queen of Christmas and the song organically being big and played a lot at Christmas it felt ok. Mariah's constant promo of it though and her own self proclaimed Queen of Christmas stuff has taken the fun out of it and just made it a tacky thing to make money. I feel if she doesn't back off she will kill the song off like Noddy Holder did with Slade and popping up every Christmas like an unwanted sprout.
  9. Spotify monthly listeners back over 12m. Think the Beckham documentary and Christmas Wrapping continuing to gain build are why. Today is usually a big day for Christmas songs so be interesting to see monthly listeners in tomorrow's update.
  10. A documentary on Netflix celebrating 30 years would be the best time to get out unreleased tracks and release something worthwhile. They can use snippets of the tracks in the documentary or them recording/performing them. It could either be the GH re-released with a 2nd disc of unreleased stuff or a big say 6 disc thing with everything, the studio albums, bsides, remixes, unreleased stuff. Only the latter would make Spice25 and SW25 completely pointless so I think the GH 2nd disc might be better.
  11. No it was No Love just a few days ago. Trust me I remember as it was awful.
  12. I don't have it. I just happened to be browsing Spice Circle the moment it was uploaded about it with a clip. Then 10 minutes later the clip was deleted.
  13. I heard a snippet of No love it is absolutely awful. I wouldn't call many Emma songs unlistenable but that was. Completely tuneless.
  14. Cian Durcot's music seems the perfect fit for this.
  15. The Spice Girls insta has now reached 1.5m followers. 500k followers in 7 months.
  16. So we wont just get a snowglobe for xmas what else are you wanting or expecting with it? For me - Dream - Christmas Wrapping vinyl, side A Christmas Wrapping side B radio edit. A nice 7inch black vinyl with the cover looking like a wrapped present with the name tag reading 'Spice Girls' and Christmas Wrapping on it in handwriting with a kiss. They I think have a real chance to make the song a Christmas staple after last year. The radio edit would help airplay. A release date of say Dec 7th and they drop a lyric video for it the same day. Christmas cards, pack of 6, 5 individual ones, 1 group. A nice lush scarf, nothing too tacky, something wearable. Think we will get - Another Jumper, hopefully better than last year with a hoodie option this year too for it. A tshirt with a group shot on it. A Santa hat with Spice Girls written on it.
  17. Louise has a nice mums following too I'm sure. She did those tv documentaries aimed at them. She is the sort my mum would say 'ah I like Louise'.
  18. It is very Geri and Mel B sort of thing to say and said mostly as wishful thinking I would suggest. Most of the legacy acts that have released albums in the last few years have got those deals I'm sure more because they appeal to the middle aged mums too like Claire or Emma Bunton. I don't see Lisa as one of those.
  19. Top 10 thanks to massive physical sales.
  20. With the current chart rules you might as well release 4 singles before an album, even if they aren't chart smashes will end up on smaller playlists and people's own personal playlists. Also to then spread those singles out on the tracklist to try and force people to stream it all not just the first 4 songs on the album. Kylie could have done that but I think her main focus or the labels/management was Vegas. The album felt more like promotion for that than to try and increase her streaming sales.
  21. I'm stunned that any artist in 2023 wouldn't make it a priority to have their Youtube and streaming services absolutely perfect. Emma's is a mess as we know. The Spice Girls youtube has two awful errors on it and Melanie C has stuff missing from streaming and rubbish artwork. This is basically how 99% of people view and listen to your work now. Imagine in the 90s releasing an album with missing tracks or the print on the front of a CD single being low quality. Just would never happen.
  22. Seen as Madonna has never done Glasto I think she would only do it if she was a headliner not the legend slot I'd say. Not that I'm saying it would be the Spice Girls just I think Madonna would want one of the big headliners slots or nothing. The legend slot has the last few years been seen more as the fun slot for an artist you wouldn't think might be at Glastonbury. Not directed at Geri but is there much if any profit in a £3.99 book? Amazon have to take their cut, printing, shipping to Amazon. It cant be more than pence profit on a price like that? If I remember correctly Emma made the Times best sellers list doing about 5.5k copies for #5 if you are only making 50p per book you need to be shifting a lot to make it worth while. It is why vinyl and so many of the formats in music these days are so expensive as they aren't selling massive amounts anymore so stinging fans hard with big price tags.
  23. They just need to exclude playlisting streams from the album chart. It is such a simple solution, they can wait streams for albums however they like then to keep sales 'high'. Record labels would soon invest in albums and getting them properly streamed as a whole then.
  24. I liked the rubix cube so will see the price of the snowglobe.
  25. Obviously albums with multiple hits will get better streaming thus sales. Streaming has made this much more important but it was always the case that an album with 5 hits on it would sell more and for longer than an album with one hit. That is why artists kept releasing single after single long after albums were released back in the day. Now it just needs to be the other way round, if Kylie or her team truly wanted to do the best streaming wise surely 4 or 5 pre album singles would have been the best bet, minimum of three. As I said Kylie can get 50k physical sales no matter what so why they didn't wait and get multiple singles out is anyone's guess. Random album tracks wont often get playlisted for any artist but singles will even on smaller playlists.