Jump to content

sammy01

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sammy01

  1. sammy01 posted a post in a topic in Steps's Steps
    RSD is a big source of promo though that is why artists do it. Record stores that would also never stock certain artists do for that week. It also causes panic and makes fans feel like they have to get it or they will miss out. Not sure anything being #17 on the physical singles chart for one week thanks to a record store day tie in gives any real indication of what a single physical sold on an artists store would do. Perrie managed onky what 1.3k cds, she has you would think a bigger following than Steps and a big major label behind her too.
  2. LIM unreleased tracks I'd be keen to hear.
  3. No love is just a tunless and rubbish as the first time I heard it. I rarely think an Emma song is shit (boring, middle of the road some) but urghhh that is just bad. I'm fairly certain the documentary was meant to come with a tie in music release 'the gift that keeps on giving'. But whether any of it will happen now with Geri remains to be seen.
  4. Heard Espresso today on radio can see why it is popular, catchy but harmless. Very GP friendly.
  5. Because that has been Geri's whole personality for the past 4 years. You are telling me 'I only wear white' Geri doesn't have parts in the documentary filmed at her country manor. Feeding the horses while chatting, or Christian milling around while she says how supportive he was of her doing SW19 and finally playing Wembley.
  6. #89 in the physical album chart.
  7. The song is just bad. There really isn't any getting around that. It is number 1 on radio airplay, getting good playlisting, she is coming across well. All the ingredients are there just the actual song being not good enough has killed it all stone dead. I cant think why they thought an Ed reject was the way to go. I mean he isn't giving his best work to Perrie when he could release it himself or give it to massive A listers.
  8. I think they have got the jist right, that it was first delayed because of Geri's book. Then it was agreed to be this year for the 30th anniversary but again Geri has put a spanner in the works again with the sext scandal. But that it is ready to go and all filmed and done. I totally believe she wouldn't want it coming out now with the scandal still on going (the woman is appealing the outcome of the 'internal investigation'). The headlines will write themselves with Geri's parts no doubt gushing over Christian and their perfect life "Spice Girls documentary shows clueless Geri fawning over husband Christian just weeks/months before sext scandal".
  9. Stop had its biggest ever day of views on Youtube on Sunday 21st according to kworb. It did 54k views in the one day. That seems low to me though I guess Stop hasn't had the viral moment Wannabe/Spice up your life had at the Olympics and it isn't anywhere near as big on Youtube as it is on Spotify for them.
  10. Your shelf looks shit without it let's be honest!
  11. I hate Jay
  12. Spice Girls insta has past 1.8m followers.
  13. The Spice girls have final say on anything 'new' being released, it needs an OK from them group or solo wise. Anything already released already had the ok. That is why VB is up on streaming but the vault stays firmly shut on unreleased music. Geri has stopped several attempts at cash ins on her solo material. Victoria owns LYHG/TG so they will never see the light of day.
  14. I caved and got a copy. I'm in London for the marathon and a record store was 15 minutes away. It was a proper indie store only saw the 1 copy of it that I got. I doubt anyone was queueing to go in there for Emma, I rocked up at 1pm.
  15. Fortnight is decent but very The 1975 to my ears. Is their any backlash from Taylor's fanbase for 31 tracks? I'm old enough to remember the lashings Tori Amos fans gave her during her bloated albums period (which were only 18-24 tracks) for not being able to edit down to a great 14 track album instead of a lumpy 21 track one. I cant imagine 31 tracks doesn't have a load of duds scattered through it.
  16. Did Victoria understand yesterday it was her 50th birthday not Vogue's 50th? Utterly odd set of insta posts
  17. I think this was meant to be released this coming Friday but was moved forward a week to avoid the Taylor take over. That is why I think they are only shipping the cds as they are probably the only ones ready (and splitting bundle orders would cost them extra delivery). Also why the video is coming this Friday as the final edit was probably not ready this week. They must know it will be close though this week whether it is top 10 or not as they might as well have left the cds for next weeks chart and obviously the 59p itunes reduction. If it works out and it goes top 10 this week it will obviously soften the fall next week but seeing how they are sending out the CDs this week I think theh probably would have wanted it all this week if they could and made sure it was deffo top 10 and top 3 in the first look.
  18. Bunton queen of selling vinyls whilst actually releasing no new music or well doing anything.
  19. Do it this time Jay ffs
  20. sammy01 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I'd think it is more they aren't ready to ship yet? Maybe Perrie was meant to be released a few weeks later but Taylor has made it this week or get swallowed up by her so the physicals aren't ready.
  21. As I said I think this will be a fight for top 10 but the label are doing a great job so far so I'm sure they will pull out all the stops for a top 10 debut. The biggest problem is the song isn't very good. Perrie is coming across great, the promo is top notch just the song is just weak.
  22. Are the physicals released this week?
  23. I'm not sure top 10 is secured, Spotify numbers could easily slide through the week but I feel the label will push super hard if it is close.
  24. 5 weeks top 10 now though is very average especially for a big name. If a song has enough radio support and playlisting to make the top 10 then they tend to hang around for ages. [...] when a big name debuts big but slides down and is out the top 10 after 5 weeks then it is fair to say it might have underperformed as any song these days that truly becomes a hit will probably be in the top 10 for a couple of months at least.
  25. Such an exciting time, new Emma album, Spice Girls stadium tour. They all felt big time again.