Jump to content

sammy01

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sammy01

  1. Thanks all for the fun listening party, sorry I missed the first half.
  2. I like the party mix, yet more Step to me lol.
  3. I guess it was nice to get the extended Step to me for completion sake but I could have lived without it. Interesting how the 3 versions are pretty different from each other though.
  4. Anything Viva Forever for me is amazing. I don't love this remix as much as others do but it got the best streaming numbers of the 2nd disc yesterday so happy any time Viva Forever gets some extra love, streams and sales.
  5. If I ever cant sleep you can #oh
  6. This remix of Too Much makes it sound like a Brandy mid 90s RnB number. Not a bad thing.
  7. Happy that Stop remix is over tbh went on forever
  8. This Stop remix doesn't do a lot for me but a new remix released is never a bad thing. It is too long though, takes forever to get going, 1 minute in I still had no idea what song it was if I wasn't told.
  9. My absolute favourite remix of any of their songs, just love the Morales SUYL remix. The chorus is so glorious on it.
  10. When Viva Forever turns 25 they absolutely have to get the Live at Wembley version uploaded to their Youtube in HQ. I demand it.
  11. Viva Forever live is their best moment and this just doesn't do it justice. I would have rather had live from Wembley audio with the choir. I guess it is good we have a live version of their best song released finally.
  12. This live version of SUYL sounds really flat, the least flattering vocals wise of the live offerings. Funny they way they do the dance name part though.
  13. Move over in Istanbul is epic but it needs the visuals. Seeing them let loose, even Victoria, was always fun. The band do a fantastic job of the live music on this. Mel B did love to shout her lines sometimes live didn't she.
  14. Geri starting Stop off with one of like 6 Spanish phrases she knows lol. Again this is pretty decent vocal wise, I think maybe the choice of which of these songs was picked from which city was probably down to which vocal take sounded best and flattered the girls the most.
  15. The new live songs defo have a raw feel to them #oh Too Much is one of my least favourite spice girls songs and I always felt live it dragged things down a bit. They would never drop it from the set list but I wouldn't mind if they did. The vocals in this live version if Too Much aren't bad at all everyone is doing a decent job. Probs cus no Geri #oh
  16. The Step to me demo screams Spice to me, more laid back and more RnB feel that would sit on Spice. The 7 inch mix screams Spiceworld being more beefed up and more in your face.
  17. Imagine any other band have the balls to sing this and it be almost credible.
  18. Walk of life is so left field for them but somehow they made it work. Mel B making random noises is life changing haha. Victoria singing in that high pitch is a choice though. Again top notch bside though.
  19. Outer space girls feels classic Spiceworld for me too as it is the only time they could have made a song about them taking over the galaxy not just the world and you feel if it was possible they would have. Cant ask for more from a bside.
  20. Having Step to me on streaming finally makes SW25 worthwhile in my eyes.
  21. Step to me is classic Spiceworld to me. Love the new lyric video for it too. Was always nailed live I thought too. Step to me demo sounds much more Spice than Spiceworld to me though.
  22. Missed Viva Forever, it is the ultimate timeless classic ballad. I hope for its 25th anniversary they go all out with fairy tshirts, a vinyl and a new annimated video. It absolutely deserves it.
  23. The lady is a vamp is my least fave on the album
  24. Universal are a big label with huge artists and lots of them. So whilst the Spice Girls make money for them so do loads of current artists too who make big money. The girls would defo be better with a smaller label holding their music rights who would pride themselves on having the girls music and releases on the roster. Again chatting last night about the release Universal were unwilling to do a exclusive poster for HMV and there sales. Also they didn't see a problem with the 2 LP and clear vinyl having the same cover even when it was pointed out that different covers would defo help as a selling point.
  25. When I spoke to Chris who did the Step to me lyric video I asked about getting performances from TOTP on Youtube for the Spice Girls like Steps and he said Sony (think it was Sony will double check the messages) have a deal in place with the BBC where they can use BBC archive footage/material. Universal has no such deal with them.