Jump to content

sammy01

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sammy01

  1. So I'll take that as no you cant name any songs recorded for SW that aren't already out there. Who says I'm defending them? I'm just reacting to claims of they could have put X, Y and Z on it when you cant actually say what X, Y and Z are. By all means criticise the sound quality of the live tracks or the actual tracklist but taking aim for not including fantasy songs on it that only exist in people's heads is laughable. For what it is worth I'm told the Birmingham files were lost years ago. I don't criticise any of the girls with pie in the sky baseless stuff. If I said for Mel C's next album load of shit why isn't the duet with Adele on it I'd expect everyone to say there is no Adele duet.
  2. Can you give me the name of specific tracks that were recorded during the SW sessions that weren't used? We have long lists of songs from Touch/Spice era, Forever and even the GH recording. You keep saying about songwriters I assume you mean Biff that once. He can be confused, Emma thought Stop was on Spice. They answer these questions a zillion times sometimes they get muddled. The only song I'm aware that was recorded around the time was Cant stay tonight which I believe only has Mel C's vocals? So you have the military chant (a movie song) and hopefully a studio recording of We are family a cover song not anything to do really with SW or the recording sessions just a song they like to sing on pretty much every tour.
  3. So is my boy lillipop sang by the Spice girls? You seem to want it on SW25?
  4. You literally quoted me and I said Spiceworld the movie is getting its own anniversary release so anything from it will be used for that I would hope and assume. On that note My boy lillipop isn't the spice girls singing it any way is it? Sisters was already released as a live track and was pretty much fully live on tour. I don't think they have that recorded. We are family fair enough I guess. Spice tracks on a SW reissue is just hopeful, why not stick Woman on it too then.
  5. I'm in, if anything will be intrresting reading people's comments on each track from disc 2 #oh
  6. I think doing a SW25 was a no brainer and after Spice25 it had to happen as it was a success. The problems I think started when they opened the vaults and realised there was just nothing of worth left over from the recordings of Spiceworld. I've no doubt if there was fully formed demos they would be on SW25, Step to me demo is on it and some of the vocals on Spice25 demos are not flattering. I don't see the girls being against them being used if there was any. Spice invaders (which I am glad they didn't use) and live tracks used as B-sides back in the day I'm sure show there was absolutely nothing servicable beyond Walk of life and Outer space girls (which are both on SW25). Step to me was obviously the big selling point they had but even that had to be stretched out to being 3 tracks and in the party mix. The party mix feels like a what else can we add to this track. I personally like it but its inclusion tells me they were genuinely out of material to include. Of course the best could have been done to clean up the live tracks as much as possible but as the general reaction came when the tracklist was announced most were not here for live tracks anyway. So in theory a SW25 release should be amazing but in reality there probably wasn't the material to make it worthwhile. Especially when SW the movie has its own plans so anything from that I'm assuming will be being used for the 25th anniversary of the movie. The 4 videos released have been top notch. A live video (Move over in HQ), a lyric video for Step to me, an alt version of SUYL and a new montage video for NGUOTGT. With zero involvement from the girls themselves that is about as good as it was ever going to get. The designs are up for debate, some love the silver and look others don't. I don't think they were ever going to please everyone with it so it is what it is. The formats I think reflect that there just wasn't the material to justify going overboard with a zillion formats. The good news is the movie has a lot of stuff that never saw the light of day like the Mama performance, dining room table scene, it on Blu-ray and on streaming services. Power or 5 and the SYBT mix never getting official releases and the final SUYL performance not having an official release on Youtube. So I'm hopeful that will be a more worthwhile anniversary.
  7. The party mix has double the views on youtube of any of the album tracks (not singles) since it was uploaded yesterday.
  8. Good for her but she is a terrible actress.
  9. Surprised it made top 10 let alone hung around all day. They could help by it being £9.99 or £10.99 though, £12.99 is pricey.
  10. Am I the only one that likes the party mix?
  11. Nice to see Viva Forever bagged some downloads thanks to the voice final. I'd love a GH sales update.
  12. My bundle arrived minus the CD of course just as I was going out so not had time to open them.
  13. Really nice, I think I've suggested a montage video to NGUOTGT before. Perfect song for it.
  14. Spiceworld25 is #6 on UK itunes. Cant remember what Spice itunes peak was I have a feeling it might have been 9 or 10.
  15. Of course the album has a lot of problems but popjustice is a hell hole you would do your mental health good not even going near it.
  16. See and how thoughtful of them to make us wait till Christmas this year to get the CD again #oh
  17. Well the lyrics lend themselves to a celebration so makes sense and it is a fan favourite. Wonder if they could push to get it on playlists and serve a radio edit to radio. Assume it went up early on Youtube and at 5 or 6pm we will get a social media post about it and short teaser on Youtube.
  18. If she does do more you know we will get a Spice Girls ft Melanie C remix at some point.
  19. Not having the CD out the same week as the other formats means top 10 is alnost certainly out of the question. Hopefully it can be top 20. Of course watch them troll us and announce something as a band next week that sends sales soaring and with the CD would have easily been top 5.
  20. Never give up on the good times official video premiers tomorrow at 10am. Assume it is a montage video by the looks of the thumbnail.
  21. Well I'll actually open my picture disc so can line it up perfectly if it isn't already.
  22. The more any of them veer from releasing music or doing any of their own tours the less I care. DJing, remixing, dance theatre just don't do it for me but hopefully she enjoys doing them.
  23. Some of the Spice25 demos, remixes and Wannabe demos should be on This is playlist over the random and pointless solo album tracks. Who puts on This is Spice Girls to hear Midnight fantasy or I know him so well? The SYBT 7 inch mix on Spice25 actually did more streams than Lady is a vamp looking at Jay's update in the last 89 days!
  24. I don't know but I'd assume for most big artists the record label has most say in what is on it and in what order. I'm sure if Universal pushed for it they could have whatever they wanted on it. I wont hold my breath though. Their official Youtube channel playlists are a mess. The SW19 playlist randomly has the Holler music video at the end of it, the 'Live performances' one has the 3 awful mimed CD:UK performances in it but not the all the Wembley/Istanbul videos that are uploaded. The music video playlist has 4 of the music videos missing. They clearly habe control over these as they added SUYL alt and Step to me lyric video to the music video playlist and Move over to the live one but didn't bother actually sorting the errors in them. Sigh.
  25. Thanks Jay always interesting to read. Just shows though what being on the 'This is Spice Girls' playlist does. Tell me why and Right back at ya are on it and thus do a heck of a lot more streams than any other Forever album track. In fact they do more than double the next IYWHSF which is a fan favourite. Which is why it us so annoying it hasn't been updated since July 2021, so Feed your love or any of the demos on Spice25 or Step to me have never had the exposure and boost to being on their big playlist. It is a bit mindboggling they let the new releases not get that extra push of being on their main playlist, it js self sabotage.