Everything posted by sammy01
-
Leigh-Anne - My Ego Told Me To • 1st Album | 20th February 2026
Early 2025? Might as well have said Feb 30th. If an album comes out it will end up being self funded or distribution only sort of deal.
-
Girls Aloud - Whole Lotta History
I love a good ballad but I cant say any of GA are very good. I'll stand by you is fine but it is just a carbon copy of the original so a bit pointless. Their uptempos were their strong point. I mean compare Whole Lotta History to Viva Forever, Never Ever, Too Lost in you or Stronger and you see really it is just blah.
-
Girls Aloud - Whole Lotta History
Well I think I'm a great addition to these discussions because I come from a neutral view point. I have/had no feelings on 'Whole Lotta History' before so was listening to it like a new song with no nostalgic feelings. It is pretty shit but then every GA ballad I've heard is so they are at least consistent.
-
1st WEEK PREDICTION • FORGET ABOUT US - PERRIE
I think it will make #10 but it will have absolutely everything thrown at it first week so will fall like a stone the weeks after.
-
Spice Girls • Spotify / Apple Music / iTunes / YouTube
Probably due to Goodbye's high placement on This Is Spice Girls playlist.
-
Emma Bunton - 'Life in Mono'
Emma's fans were complaining it was unfair only the UK and Ireland can stream it so she has removed it from them so we are all equal. Moden queen pushing equality *cries
-
Leigh-Anne - Stealin’ Love • 3rd Single
The video is just what happens when a label slashes your budget. She can say it is artistic but really it is just cheap. Tbh for all the impact that it will have she might have well have saved the money and not bothered with a video but I think having one is more about saving face. An EP not an album and a single with no physical or video would scream this is not viable.
-
Girls Aloud - Whole Lotta History
I cant recall ever hearing this back in the day but it is pretty bad. I guess it shows how loyal their fanbase was by then to get it top 10. Kimberly manages to talk out of tune the first couple of lines which is something #oooops
-
Leigh-Anne - Stealin’ Love • 3rd Single
I used to be a fan of Little Mix (Jay can back up that I championed Move as a brilliant song on another forum when it came out and was being slated, it still is a great song). They lost me when they became very generic, stuff like Shout out could be anyone singing it. So I give them/their solo music a chance. Not that I have to justify myself to anyone. Especially someone who has just decided to attack my personality, when all I have done is comment on the music and roll out. You evidently cant handle other opinions (well ones you don't like any way), you have just demonstrated that very clearly. You enjoy the song I'm not stopping you, wont tell you you shouldn't post if every comment you make is gushing or blind stanning cus if that is what you want to do then great. At least I gave the song a chance which is more than 99% of the public will.
-
Leigh-Anne - Stealin’ Love • 3rd Single
Don't worry I just ignore posters like that who cant accept any constructive conversation. The song has even less idenitity than her first two singles, so the talk of depth and 'real' Leigh-Anne is a load of pish. Don't say love was a decent song, was missing her rapping a middle 8 to really lift it but her doing UK garage was a decent lane to go down, the female Craig David type. Warner will be parting company with her before long I'm sure.
-
Leigh-Anne - Stealin’ Love • 3rd Single
Not mishandled at all. They have clearly paid for her to win awards and done deals with radio. She had 3 physicals for both singles and what look like expensive videos. The label did their part, the songs just weren't good enough
-
Music Video Relevance
Music videos also help when promoting on TV shows. Most TV shows don't have performance slots but will play a 30 second clip before chatting to an artist.
-
Leigh-Anne - 'No Hard Feelings’ • EP - Vinyls announced!
See when people say it doesn't matter where the songs chart or 11 and out of the charts in 6 weeks is a success, it isn't. The record industry is harsh. Record labels are not charities, if she is already putting her own money in and the label wont pay for a video it is already a mighty uphill battle, the negative press about her flopping wont help either.
-
Leigh-Anne - 'No Hard Feelings’ • EP - Vinyls announced!
Ouch. We all know the real reason she is releasing an EP is because the record label don't see an album as viable right now. I'd imagine best case is something from the EP takes off an album is rushed out including it. More than likely the outcome will be with 7 released songs she is more likely to get booked for some festivals than she is with only 2 singles. From what I have read she has been super defensive of her solo music career on social media, which I think shows more she knows things aren't going as she or the label hoped.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Seems he/his label haven't gone down the multiple formats route which obviously will cost him massively. Think I'm right in saying 1 cd and 2 vinyls only and both double vinyls so closer to £40 each.
-
Steps releases on Vinyl!
I'm sure there will be expanded editions down the line to get everyone to buy the vinyls/album again. Spice girls did the same, Spice, Spiceworld and Forever got basic vibyk releases before expanded editions, should Forever25 happen.
-
Perrie - Forget About Us • 1st Single
Well they have a lot more posters than on here. Also I'm not 'hun' to you thank you.
-
Perrie - Forget About Us • 1st Single
You obviously haven't read popjustice.
-
Emma Bunton - 'My Happy Place'
Do it Jay
-
Dance Alone ● Sia & Kylie
Hits radio.
-
Dance Alone ● Sia & Kylie
Just heard this on the radio that line about I don't want my phone or whatever it is is absolutely awful. It completely took me out of the song.
-
Emma Bunton - 'My Happy Place'
This is doing very well, #57 on cd/vinyl bestsellers list and #15 on Vinyl bestsellers now.
-
Perrie - Forget About Us • 1st Single
Wait she waited all this time to release a Taylor Swift first album B-side. That is gonna do nothing on the charts.
-
Emma Bunton - 'My Happy Place'
Seems a lot of people were waiting for this to come down in price to grab one. Now #81 on Amazon best sellers list and #21 on Vinyl bestsellers.
-
Mel B • General Discussion
I have no real idea how Geri's book sold but I don't think it was good sales in the UK. Geri seemed to cling to it making the New York times list but it was such a niche list 'hardback kids books'. I cant imagine many kids books are released as hardback. The Rosie Frost insta page hasn't posted since 20th Dec 2023, which if you think it is meant to be a series then you would think they would want to keep posting every now and then. There is also no pre-order up for a 2nd book despite it supposedly coming out this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rosie books are put on hold or it just gets shelved.