Jump to content

sammy01

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sammy01

  1. I actually feel a bit sorry for her, she actually looked sad and it was a bit uncomfortable watching them together. I don't think she will leave him because she loves that lifestyle but I don't think she is happy having to accept this either. Notice they weren't interlocking fingers holding hands he is holding her hand, I do wonder if he is controlling in certain ways. I wouldn't be shocked if he said you need to be by my side supporting me even if she has reservations about it.
  2. It also asks big questions of the internal 'investigation' Red Bull did as no one seeing those messages would surely think that is appropiate between a boss and employee. Christian also was very careful in his statement, he didn't call them fake or comment on the whatsapps directly which is very telling. Just parrotted his I'm innocent of accusations line. Having seen these I'm inclined to believe he did try and pay her off too as he would not want these messages seeing the light of day.
  3. Though having read through more there are some very dubious messages when you think he is her boss. He admits wanking over her in a plane bathroom, he also asks for pics of her, he asks to see her on cam (pretty much begs), he sent her pics of his body. That isn't the sort of stuff a boss should be sending an employee. She is receptive at times but also does constantly question should he be sending these messages too. You have to think was she worried about her job in any way if she outright said stop this is inappropriate, which she does at the end.
  4. The leaked whatsapp are more damaging to Geri/his relationship than his job I would say. He was clearly persuing this woman and or having an affair with her from what can be read. I guess it could also cross a line if he is her boss too as an abuse of power. Not sure how Geri plays this now, he was obviously playing away or wanted to with this woman. With his job he will be away from Geri a lot and it would be hard to trust him after knowing about these messages.
  5. Mixed feelings, happy for Geri despite whatever I think of her now (and I have never really liked Christian) but ultimately I want Geri to be happy. Though I cant deny the thought of her away from him and any version of her than the lady of the country manor version I would take in a heartbeat. I just cant stand the person she is now, it is exactly the person I avoid in life at all costs.
  6. It is a great remix. How I would love Universal to put out some new modern mixes, would breathe some life into having the same set of 12 songs used for everything especially if one took off. Doesn't even have to be big name producers or remixers as shown above, any new takes would be interesting. But meh this is Universal so wont happen.
  7. She is just covering this few weeks while Kelly Brooke (I think that is who) is off.
  8. Not sure why but the video Mel B posted where she shows off all leopard print items in her home saying she is Scary Spice of course she has said items the spice girls tiktok uploaded and it has had huge views. 5.4m as of writing this post and it has made their followers fly up too over 815k now. Funny because 95% of their videos are now muted as Universal have taken rights away from using their music on tiktok. Also that Mel B video is so funny as it is so staged, those oven gloves and rucksack have absolutely never been used.
  9. Certainly wont go anywhere near west end with those kind of sales. You need to be shifting that or more weekly in the west end.
  10. I see Voodoo is on his 3rd account. Looking forward to incoming ban number 3.
  11. sammy01 posted a post in a topic in Steps's Steps
    Amazon do this all the time now. I've preordered vinyls months before they come out then come release day or just before my order says arriving Tues or Wed after the Friday release day. Even worse sometimes you look at the listing then on Friday and it says delivery next day if you order before X time.
  12. There is a Spice Girls Mother's day card that has a QR code that leads you to streaming it on Spotify, Apple music or Youtube. It is a 'Say it with songs' card, which is a good idea tbh. The song is obviously Mama and the card is enviromentally friendly. Record labels are behind this so it is sort of official. You can get them from Sainsburys (not sure on other places that stock Mother's day cards) or order online here - https://sayitwithsongs.com/products/mama-spice-girls/
  13. I don't feel bitter towards the group because of solo projects like Mr X. My annoyance at the group is more that they are doing this ridiculous thing where the social media posts as if from them and they are an active band and they flog merch like an active band. If they aren't active and don't want to work as Spice Girls just have some dignity and shut it all down. I'd honestly prefer nothing than what they are doing right now. Solo wise I'm just at a position where I have realised I don't need to force myself to support solo projects I really have no interest in. I don't owe them anything and even music wise I have other artist I can get much better music from constantly than any of them solo wise.
  14. I have completed checked out of them solo wise, I just have no interest in most of their solo careers now. I often think to myself if that was an artist I have zero care for, say Robbie Williams, how would I view it. Like if Robbie released a childs book, nappies or was DJing I'd think that is a bit naff he must be struggling The only thing I still will consider buying or listening to is music. Though even that is becoming stale, two NS vinyls, My happy place vinyl and A girl like me vinyl all offering nothing new bar being on vinyl or a different colour. How do you feel towards their respective solo careers these days?
  15. I never get these new solo artists that film videos in far off places, increasing costs when the label will almost certainly be looking at the bottom line of profit. Obviously we haven't heard the song but I'm sure they could make a creative video in the UK with a smaller budget. The bigger the budget the higher the expectations will be for it to do well.
  16. sammy01 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Let's be honest at the time it was bigger for Beyonce to be on an Ed single than it was for him. He was at his all time high then and she was not where she is now or early 2000s.
  17. This has nothing to do with Emma though bar her team signing it off to be released. It is all on Virgin/UMR. I think she will post about it on release day or the day before but you cant pre-order it so it isn't like her posting can drum up sales.
  18. This is such a silly statement. Artists get more popular, Rihanna never hit number 1 from her first two albums. Then it was almost expected she would with a lead single from her albums once Umbrella/Good girl gone bad took her to being huge. Also with the way the charts are now, physicals playing a big part in chart peaks, releasing 5 different versions of a song, artists have control over which week to target number one when they employ those things. Dua's label seems to be going for first week.
  19. Who says it isn't successful (just not as big as the support and hype it got), but she is in the big leagues now and should be judged that way. I cant even begin to think of another song that did 11 weeks A list on radio 1 to only do one week top 5 of the chart. She is getting huge support right now and with that comes huge expectations. Whether you like it or not.
  20. She is a big artist, she gets everything a top big artist gets straight off the bat now. Huge playlisting, instant A list radio 1, big hype, top of NMF playlist and so on. The Dua releasing now is not the successful but not A list artist. As I said Houdini did one week top 5 and it was its release week. Everything was set up for her to debut number 1 only a better more popular song came along and Houdini wasn't strong enough.
  21. No one said she cant do it, just people need to stop being all 'the expectations are low for Dua first week' they aren't. When those artists you named release physicals the label are gunning for number 1. Dua Lipa/her label are no different. Anyone who thinks Dua/her label aren't trying to line up to debut at number 1 are fooling themselves. That is the goal, you don't throw everything at the wall first week to hope it eventually takes off later.
  22. Because certain big artist don't focus on the UK market as their most important when it comes to first week. Dua Lipa certainly does (should I say her label do). Everything has been thrown at the wall this 1st week, 3 physicals, video, playlisting, about 5 different versions. Dua/the record label want a big high 1st week with number 1 being the ultimate goal. Let's not forget for all the 11 weeks A list radio 1, 3 physicals, loads of versions, playlisting, weeks on end radio airplay number 1, Houdini did one week top 5 in the UK chart its 1st week.
  23. The current number 1 had zero expectations to be top 10 let alone 6 weeks at number 1.
  24. I feel like we have had this conversation loads, those extra millions will come direct from the label when they used to do the 'book club' thing.
  25. Looks like it is flop season. Beyonce having a country song go to #1 is so random. Feels so odd this is the song of hers from the last decade to truly catch on. I guess she is a little lucky stick season has gone to ACR but still.