BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
82 Pages V  « < 78 79 80 81 82 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> EastEnders
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 17th April 2024, 07:51 AM
Post #1581
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Angela Wynter was absolutely fantastic in today’s episode, she is going to nab a Soap Award if ITV don’t cancel them again for having no chance to win.

Also why is Elaine so good in scenes with other women, but so horrific with her own family? lol: It’s like two different characters.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Lindsey.
post 17th April 2024, 01:19 PM
Post #1582
Group icon
a femininomenon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Yea this was the first episode where I actually quite liked Elaine, I'm here for her and Yolande's friendship

+Quote this post
SemiDongContest
post 17th April 2024, 02:35 PM
Post #1583
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Yolande's storyline is about Denzel takin roids around her and a pastor coming on to her laugh.gif It's not like she has much material to work with to win an award. Also, how on earth does the pastor have a wife that young?? He's twice her age at least! The storyline would have worked better if he wasn't in a relationship

+Quote this post
Lindsey.
post 17th April 2024, 04:39 PM
Post #1584
Group icon
a femininomenon

I take it you've not seen today's episode or peeked any spoilers? You may want to edit your post once you've seen it kink.gif

It's an extremely important storyline, I was expecting it to feel over familiar as similar ones have been done before but the context of this is something that's not spoken about enough, the pastor being a "man of god" doesn't make him incapable of evil actions and shouldn't give him a free pass to abuse, the fact it's highlighting how anyone can be groomed as well, not just kids and how it's a pattern of intentional behaviour from the pastor as well is what makes it super important. He is preying on vulnerable people and abusing his position to get what he wants. He thinks going for elderly people will make it less believable if any of them try to report him, women of a certain age are often deemed "less desirable" so he's definitely exploiting that narrative. Kinda love that Elaine is stepping up for her friend knowing that she failed Linda previously, have to applaud her for actively making an effort not to repeat the same mistakes.

I have to laugh though at how they keep referring to him as a young/younger man when surely he's not far off Yolande's age? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Linds.: 17th April 2024, 04:42 PM

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 17th April 2024, 09:16 PM
Post #1585
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

I’ve always said axing Yolande back in 2008 was so unnecessary and Angela Wynter has proven that assertion correct beyond any doubt tonight. What a performance. She’s such an asset to the show. This was an absolutely impeccable episode, the flashbacks were really well done and the scenes with Yolande and Elaine were so well done. I’m so glad to see Elaine stepping up here. I’ve always liked her and assumed that her actions around Linda were a deliberate character flaw and it seems I may have been on the money with that one.

+Quote this post
Gerald
post 21st April 2024, 02:19 PM
Post #1586
Group icon
Why don’t you say so?
User: 9,721

Yes, Angela Wynter was sensational in Wednesday's episode. I really felt for Yolande's inner pain and turmoil of trying to process what the Pastor done to her. Elaine was great in her scenes with Yolande, I just wish she would be more nurturing towards Linda and not always putting George first even though deep down she knows his heart is with Cindy.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 22nd April 2024, 06:46 AM
Post #1587
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

No early iPlayer release just yet this morning, likely due to Jamie Borthwick and Emma Barton actually running the marathon yesterday so they can cut in some clips that would've only been filmed hours ago.

Edit: Will be available to stream from 1pm.

This post has been edited by lewistgreen: 22nd April 2024, 06:54 AM

+Quote this post
SemiDongContest
post 22nd April 2024, 04:30 PM
Post #1588
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Yolande was SHAMAZING!!! ohmy.gif

And the storyline makes sense now!! Her storylines, organising a food drive with the pastor, and Denzel's roids , were so boring, and ahe had no material to work woth, so I dodn't even realise she was such a good actress!!!!! Gotta be between her, Whitney and Denise for best actress award. Bbc should run its own awards, sewin as itv's ran off and taken its ball home because it's losin.

Also, this 6 stortline really is just Desperate Housewives' final season repeated, even down to framing zomeone else laugh.gif Though in DH, Mrs McClusky did it voluntarily.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 22nd April 2024, 04:45 PM
Post #1589
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Understandably we have another return confirmed for Karen Taylor

+Quote this post
SemiDongContest
post 22nd April 2024, 04:51 PM
Post #1590
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Yup, woulda made no sense for that NOT to happen, considerin we already had onetoo

+Quote this post
Lindsey.
post 22nd April 2024, 08:08 PM
Post #1591
Group icon
a femininomenon

They should have just waiting until after this storyline to boot her really

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 23rd April 2024, 08:49 PM
Post #1592
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

Return for Bianca again confirmed too although I think we already knew of that one.

I need Whitney gone soon, she’s such a horrendous character.

Feeling for Jay now, it would have been nice for him to finally become a father.

+Quote this post
SemiDongContest
post 23rd April 2024, 09:04 PM
Post #1593
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

I loved those marathon scenes. You could see they weren't acring and rhat's how close those actors are. Jay shouting, for Lola, over and again, to get some actin in, once realisin he'd broken character with the long hug etc laugh.gif Really well done though.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 24th April 2024, 08:00 PM
Post #1594
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

What angle are they going for with Nadine? It's not as though Jay is known to be rich so it can't be money. Why do I feel like Emma is involved in this. I did see a picture of both actors together recently

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 24th April 2024, 08:34 PM
Post #1595
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

Yes, I’m almost certain that Emma must be involved. It can’t be a long game either since Nadine is supposed to be very pregnant at this point-something she can’t keep up forever.

Whitney is already a woeful parent and needs to leave asap.

+Quote this post
SemiDongContest
post 24th April 2024, 08:35 PM
Post #1596
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Emma gettin revenge?!

But Nadine did say, you'll get your money, to the phone person... she might need a couple thousand only?

Super unrealistic part in that last episode, far morw unrealistic thsn the police overlooking their fingerprints on the celotape and dna on Keanu: in Tory Britian, on a super busy day in London, a girl has an UNBELIEVABLY MINOR fall off a push bike... not even a scuff ... and they see her in MINUTES at A and E, and the A and E is totally empty!!!

+Quote this post
Lindsey.
post 25th April 2024, 12:18 PM
Post #1597
Group icon
a femininomenon

They're hardly gonna film her three hour wait to be seen are they? laugh.gif

I reckon it could be Emma on the other end of the phone as well but I don't know what she could be up to really, it's such a shame for her to take advantage of Jay like that, him of all people!

Kinda glad to see Jade go, her facial expressions annoyed me laugh.gif I'm surprised Karen wasn't in that taxi with Bernie. I actually don't hate Zack and Lauren together, Whitney has become a pain in the arse, she's acting out of character as well not caring about the baby the way she should be. I imagine she'll go back to Milton Keynes with Bianca, Britney and the baby or she'll leave Zack with the baby

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 25th April 2024, 03:24 PM
Post #1598
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

The Sharon wigs are back...

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 25th April 2024, 09:00 PM
Post #1599
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

Well, of course everything is now going to be Zack and Lauren’s fault. Whitney never ever puts a foot wrong. She bought a child, she should be heading to prison.

I never bought Whitney and Zack as a couple. They were initially so forced and out of nowhere just to give them the Peach storyline and ever since Zack has just been there to prop Whitney up as a saintly character. Making him out to be awful to make her look good. Linda suffered the same fate when she existed just to prop up Mick’s character. I’ll never forget the way Whitney treated Lee when he had depression and how we were all expected to feel sorry for her.

Shona is and always will be a fantastic actor but Whitney is a terrible character.

+Quote this post
SemiDongContest
post 25th April 2024, 09:08 PM
Post #1600
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(Linds. @ 25th April 2024, 01:18 PM) *
They're hardly gonna film her three hour wait to be seen are they? laugh.gif

I reckon it could be Emma on the other end of the phone as well but I don't know what she could be up to really, it's such a shame for her to take advantage of Jay like that, him of all people!

Kinda glad to see Jade go, her facial expressions annoyed me laugh.gif I'm surprised Karen wasn't in that taxi with Bernie. I actually don't hate Zack and Lauren together, Whitney has become a pain in the arse, she's acting out of character as well not caring about the baby the way she should be. I imagine she'll go back to Milton Keynes with Bianca, Britney and the baby or she'll leave Zack with the baby

Billy had enough time to take them down to A and E - ridiculous in and of itself, for a neighbour's kid that crashed into YOU an dhad thr feeblest little tumble of a push bike ever - get her seen, wait for Qhitney to report back, and then get to the race... BEFORE IT EVEN STARTED!! laugh.gif And the a and e waiting room was visibly EMPTY rotf.gif rotf.gif This is Tory Brexitlandia!!! A modicum of realism, please!

+Quote this post

82 Pages V  « < 78 79 80 81 82 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 9th May 2024, 02:00 PM