BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
57 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Steps • General Discussion
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 30th March 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

To answer questions about a new rate, we tried to stop having too many rates because so many never got finished drama.gif People go through phases of being obsessed with certain acts, want to do a rate, and then don't bother finishing it later when they've "cooled" a bit so we closed the rate schedule thread laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
kye
post 30th March 2017, 04:26 PM
Post #22
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

so, you're saying no? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 30th March 2017, 04:28 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

To be frank I'd at least rather someone else did it because the above poster has left a few rates unfinished before laugh.gif I jsut don't want a repeat of a couple of years ago where there was a random obsession with everyone gettign a rate and them rarely being finished, so if people actually promise to finish the rate, fine, but we don't need to clutter the forum with 10 different unfinished rates. Perhaps a couple of hosts to buffer against that.

I don't mean to sound like a dictator and stop people doing rates they want bu as a mod it is very annoying when the forum gets cluttered with rates and rates that don't get finished so we're a bit wary laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 30th March 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #24
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Yes, basically we are saying no. Plus there is no point asking to do rates if you cannot finish your previous rates.

However we are discussing a 'Least Favourite Steps Single' so watch this space

QUOTE(Regina @ Mar 30 2017, 06:27 PM) *
If y'all change your minds, I actually finished all the rates I started kink.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 30th March 2017, 07:17 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

A least favourite rate by Steps is easier than picking favourites as i love so many of their hits but only dislike a few.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 31st March 2017, 01:32 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Yeah least favourite is better for discussion I feel as you get controversial picks as well and it allows you to sort of go through their whole discography with each passing thread, rates just end up with numbers next to songs laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 31st March 2017, 10:04 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(Liаm @ Mar 31 2017, 02:32 PM) *
Yeah least favourite is better for discussion I feel as you get controversial picks as well and it allows you to sort of go through their whole discography with each passing thread, rates just end up with numbers next to songs laugh.gif

I feel knockouts/least favourites are worse in the respect that you get people tactically voting or PMing other members to eliminate songs.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 2nd April 2017, 09:09 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

All the posts mentioning their best songs yet no one at all brought up Stomp?

Just me then, LOVE that one!

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 2nd April 2017, 09:21 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I love Stomp too.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 10th April 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

H is the only member I don’t really like, in interviews I find him arrogant at times. He comes across as someone who would not be nice to meet in real life, all the others come across much more friendly.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 10th April 2017, 07:16 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

QUOTE(pippa @ Apr 10 2017, 05:33 PM) *
H is the only member I don’t really like, in interviews I find him arrogant at times. He comes across as someone who would not be nice to meet in real life, all the others come across much more friendly.

H was always the nicest one to me laugh.gif I always got the arrogant vibes from Lisa tbh

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 10th April 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I was never a H fan and i would be kinda the same about Lisa, H does seem cocky and Lisa i think has an air of self importance, the others come accross well, i think Faye and Lee in particular have always come across very grounded, Claire does too but not at the same level.

Not that any of them had huge solo success but who would you deem the most successful from a solo point of view???

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 11th April 2017, 02:11 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Apr 10 2017, 10:24 PM) *
Good to see this showing up in the midweeks.

I was never a H fan and i would be kinda the same about Lisa, H does seem cocky and Lisa i think has an air of self importance, the others come accross well, i think Faye and Lee in particular have always come across very grounded, Claire does too but not at the same level.

Not that any of them had huge solo success but who would you deem the most successful from a solo point of view???

Lisa is possibly the best know for her solo work - the H & Claire era seems to be totally forgotten laugh.gif

+Quote this post
kye
post 11th April 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #34
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

But with regards to keeping a high profile, Claire is the most well-known. Her TV work has kept her in the public consciousness much more than the others.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 11th April 2017, 03:16 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Apr 11 2017, 03:11 PM) *
Lisa is possibly the best know for her solo work - the H & Claire era seems to be totally forgotten laugh.gif

Only because it was such an embarrassing debacle for her that it's gone down as legendary folklore.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 11th April 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

It all hit the rails for Lisa with Totally Scott-Lee.

She was always well liked in Steps but just felt like a background member along with Lee. And then Lately and Too Far Gone did respectably enough and pretty much passed by without comment but the combination of 'B-list at Capital' Get It On and then Electric missing the top ten turned her into a laughing stock.

So she's well known in the way that she has a notorious desperate reputation now, which she never had in Steps, but I'd say Claire is still easily the most famous and recognisable member.

Interestingly, their Twitter follower count, is as follows:

Claire - 160k
H - 84k
Faye - 73.1k
Lisa - 64.3k
Lee - 56.9k

Which I'd say is a pretty accurate representation of how popular they were back in the day, relatively speaking.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 11th April 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Claire always managed to keep in the public eye whether on reality shows, weight loss videos; etc in addition to the short lived H and Claire project so i always felt she was the member i remembered most. Lee managed to keep in the public eye too but more sporadically on various shows and numerous attempts of forming other bands with other former popstars.

Lisa did look extremely fame hungry and desperate when she was pushing her solo career and it was a disaster in which she came out of it looking bad and very much with a reputation of her career was over. I don't know how much money they each made from Steps, but i sometimes wonder with people who don't end up having careers outside the band they were in how they earn an income. Lisa is certainly someone i questioned how she kept an income coming in.

+Quote this post
kye
post 11th April 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #38
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

They said on Steps Reunion that they were earning millions.

Lisa has a performing arts school in Dubai.. I guess that makes money for her?

+Quote this post
pippa
post 11th April 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I did not know Lisa had an arts school, she is likely earning a decent crust from that!

I would think they all made a nice amount of money from Steps in the heyday but also from the reunion tour they as to my knowledge all those dates were sold out. Touring is likely where they will make their main income from for this new era too as the dates are selling wonderfully well for them.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 11th April 2017, 06:00 PM
Post #40
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

The Tears on the Dancefloor album is being released exclusively through their label/company as far as I can tell so there must be a lot of money between them if they're able to finance it unless they were just banking on the tour doing well (which it has). I don't know where the money has gone when all the other groups of their era seem to go bankrupt or need the money etc. They might have just financed/invested their money well laugh.gif

+Quote this post

57 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 14th May 2024, 02:03 AM