BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RPDR | All Stars | Season 8 | Episode 6, Joan: The Unauthorized Rusical
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 9th June 2023, 09:16 PM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

The remaining queens compete in a Rusical based around Joan Crawford (who I only realised from this episode is a different person from Joan Rivers, oops) and on the runway wear looks inspired by Grace Jones.

(I quite enjoyed Ru's 'keeping up with the Jones/Joanses pun in the werkroom!)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
152chris
post 9th June 2023, 10:35 PM
Post #2
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

nooOOOoOOOOOooo

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 10th June 2023, 06:56 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

What is the t on why everyone chose Jaymes?!

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 10th June 2023, 07:53 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

That judging and end decision was a mess.

Personally i’d have went

Win - Alexis
Top - Jessica/LaLa Ri
Safe - Kandy/Jaymes
Bottom - Jimbo/Kahana
Out - Kahana

+Quote this post
Lee_J11
post 10th June 2023, 09:56 AM
Post #5
Group icon
You can call me Manboy
User: 488

I can’t believe there’s only 6 queens left, it feels like the series has barely started laugh.gif

Such a limp season though. Looking at who’s left, there’s really only Jimbo that stands out as a potential winner.
Alexis has surprised me slightly I suppose as the weeks have gone on. Wasn’t particularly a fan in her original series but she’s one of the better ones here - maybe as a default due to the fairly mediocre competition kink.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 10th June 2023, 09:24 PM
Post #6
Group icon

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Jun 10 2023, 07:56 AM) *
What is the t on why everyone chose Jaymes?!

A combination of, behind the scenes they thought Jaymes was getting favouritism, and also that Kahanna was in the bottom unfairly this week. In the queens' opinion.

The previous week they thought Jessica was unfairly in the bottom.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 10th June 2023, 09:25 PM
Post #7
Group icon

QUOTE(Lee_J11 @ Jun 10 2023, 10:56 AM) *
I can’t believe there’s only 6 queens left, it feels like the series has barely started laugh.gif

Such a limp season though. Looking at who’s left, there’s really only Jimbo that stands out as a potential winner.
Alexis has surprised me slightly I suppose as the weeks have gone on. Wasn’t particularly a fan in her original series but she’s one of the better ones here - maybe as a default due to the fairly mediocre competition kink.gif

We know it's a 12 episode season so god only knows how they're going to stretch that out with non elims between now and then! Maybe a top 3 this year? But even so...

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 10th June 2023, 09:30 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

The rusical was really good! Everyone did well. I would've given the win to Jessica or Lala over Kandy (although Kandy did do very well!).

Win: Jessica or Lala
High: Kandy
Safe: Alexis
Bottom 3: Jimbo, James & Kahanna

I believe the runway was what stopped Jimbo being in the bottom over Jaymes. Sad to see Jaymes go, I feel they had more to give than Kahanna. Especially now seeing the preview for next weeks episode I can already predict Kahanna will be in the bottom again. laugh.gif Very much like Roxxy Andrews & India Farrah's runs on their all stars seasons.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th June 2023, 10:39 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Apparently the queens thought Kahanna was set up to go and shouldn’t have been in the bottom so they voted Jaymes out but I also get the impression that Jaymes had very few, if any, genuine social connections with the cast.

The fans are an absolute joke lately though, I cannot take it seriously that they’re acting like Jaymes was voted out for being a huge threat rotf.gif Like she very feasibly could have been BTM-SAFE-SAFE-ELIM, or even first out again. It’s fat phobia and racism towards Kandy idc. Jaymes wouldn’t have won any challenges coming up, and she was pushed to a high for the first two weeks. I like her but I don’t think that she translates well to what Drag Race asks of the queens. It’s absolutely vile how people are reacting and speaking about Kandy, really disheartening.

I thought Kandy was easily the winner this week and one of the best Rusical performances of all time. For me, her, Jimbo and Jessica have done the best throughout the season, although Jimbo is by far the winner for me.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 11th June 2023, 08:49 AM
Post #10
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Alexis was an easy winner for me this week, so colour me STUNNED when she was just safe.

That does seem to be a theme of this series for me though which is making the series quite difficult to watch. It seems like so many of the storylines are pre-determined that it doesn’t matter what actually happens in the challenges.

Lala being in the top for design challenge for redemption purposes.
Jaymes being in the top for Week 1 despite not knowing the moves for redemption purposes.
Kandy winning the Rusical for redemption purposes (she did at least do well though, granted)

Idk, I’m just struggling with this more than I have with any other All Stars series.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 11th June 2023, 08:52 AM
Post #11
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

That said, Drag Race is literally the only thing I’m watching right now so a weak Drag Race series still trumps most other TV laugh.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 12th June 2023, 10:34 AM
Post #12
Group icon

Kandy has got passes when she does badly and overblown praise when she does fine to good on every season she's on. Thats what most fans take an issue with.

I think people are stupidly oversensitive sometimes. I saw recently people trying to claim that comments like "she will be gone soon" i.e. the next one out in that person's opinion, are death threats! Like who is going to read that and reach it to understand "gone from this earth"???

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 12th June 2023, 10:56 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

I think the ones that are over sensitive are those who who feel the need to send hate of any kind to queens like Kandy over a TV show. Read through the comments of pretty much any drag race related social media post and its comments about how awful of a person Kandy is it’s disgusting

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 12th June 2023, 11:38 AM
Post #14
Group icon

People are only responding to what the show presents them and engaging in the way the show asks them to.

Maybe this is because I don't really engage with social media on a personal level except for privately, but I don't understand how unless you are DMing someone directly, commenting something can be called 'sending hate'.

Drag Race (and other reality shows, Big Brother for example) literally rely on this model for any kind of engagement. They show you one constrained hour of probably 24+ hours of filming, and they show certain people/characters behaving in certain ways that fit their storyline. Then they ask the public to comment. What are the public supposed to do? Not comment? Completely reject the narrative shown to them at every turn? I don't understand how you can be someone who watches reality tv shows and take an issue with how they operate. Obviously sending ACTUAL threats or abuse directly to somebody or @ing them is different. (and the show could do more to discourage that)

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 12th June 2023, 12:51 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Kandy was good this week (the song carried) but Jessica and LaLa seemed like the obvious standouts to me with Alexis not far behind. My issue was knowing Kandy would win as soon as redemption was uttered at the beginning. I don't think anyone did badly though.

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Jun 12 2023, 11:38 AM) *
People are only responding to what the show presents them and engaging in the way the show asks them to.

Maybe this is because I don't really engage with social media on a personal level except for privately, but I don't understand how unless you are DMing someone directly, commenting something can be called 'sending hate'.

Drag Race (and other reality shows, Big Brother for example) literally rely on this model for any kind of engagement. They show you one constrained hour of probably 24+ hours of filming, and they show certain people/characters behaving in certain ways that fit their storyline. Then they ask the public to comment. What are the public supposed to do? Not comment? Completely reject the narrative shown to them at every turn? I don't understand how you can be someone who watches reality tv shows and take an issue with how they operate. Obviously sending ACTUAL threats or abuse directly to somebody or @ing them is different. (and the show could do more to discourage that)

There is a difference between debating the ins and outs of a reality show and going beyond that with racist or fatphobic language. I have seen a lot more recently on Twitter, but all the worst people are getting boosted on there these days.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 12th June 2023, 12:58 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I love LaLa Ri but really hoped she would be stronger this season. Her sense of fashion hasn't really improved much and she seems pretty content with having fun and being safe, which is fine. I just know there is an unstoppable queen in there somewhere.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 12th June 2023, 01:36 PM
Post #17
Group icon

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Jun 12 2023, 01:51 PM) *
Kandy was good this week (the song carried) but Jessica and LaLa seemed like the obvious standouts to me with Alexis not far behind. My issue was knowing Kandy would win as soon as redemption was uttered at the beginning. I don't think anyone did badly though.
There is a difference between debating the ins and outs of a reality show and going beyond that with racist or fatphobic language. I have seen a lot more recently on Twitter, but all the worst people are getting boosted on there these days.

Admittedly I don't have twitter (and have no interest in it, full of transphobes and weirdos) so am out of the loop. My comment was intended as more a tangential remark.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 6th May 2024, 06:00 AM