BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 156 🍷 BJSC (St. Burbia's Version) 🍷 FINAL RESULTS, Results on page 13
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post 3rd August 2023, 02:53 AM
Post #281
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Fun stats: this is Thelonia's first semi-final win magic.gif doing so with their 71st entry. There are 5 countries who have entered more times without ever winning a semi-final (East Rukahavian 103, Singerpurear 101, Tartford 97 and more surprisingly Dobago 78 and Oslol 76). Only 2 countries before have taken longer to get a first semi-final win - another surprise that that record is held by Trifoski who didn't win a semi-final until their 86th entry (DJ Sabrina The Teenage DJ et al. in BJSC 136), while Harmonica did it with their 83rd entry (Still Corners in BJSC 147).

Altyr Muunilinst, on the other hand, get their 12th semi-final win which ties them for the third most ever. FSR Rontvia also have 12, Hendinia have 13 and Aeroche lead with 16.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 3rd August 2023, 04:30 AM
Post #282
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

Yaaaass kink.gif

So happy right now! Thank-you guys. Geo22 tied Snow Strippers for my most amount of votes to date (38). Crazy stuff. I guess that DJ Seinfeld DNQ earlier this year lit a fire for us to do better.

Shook to get actual Hendinia and New Lexico points + a point from Greenfroze in the semis cheeseblock.png

Aeroche, Danaevia, Neliönoir, Jadakissnia and Cumulonimbia side by side in the top 10 *.* The current Club Bizarre helping me to embrace more traditional trance it seems.

Nice to see Zanmatony with a good result. And thanks a lot Ben for the flawless hosting - you slayed bestie

+Quote this post
Silas
post 3rd August 2023, 04:52 AM
Post #283
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Congrats Kath!! And thanks for a great contest Ben!!

So close to a unique position, I needed 34th not 33rd 🥲

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 3rd August 2023, 05:32 AM
Post #284
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

12th cheeseblock.png

So close to that top 10 I haven't seens in years. Thanks for all the voters, this is my highest position in a loooong time

+Quote this post
jimwatts
post 3rd August 2023, 07:55 AM
Post #285
Group icon
my mind is ready for fun
User: 38,591

Congratulations Kath on another win! cheer.gif A brilliant discovery from your chart which I've enjoyed for 2 months - the song which pipped it in my votes is one I've enjoyed for 13 years, but an awesome victory for my silver! That's 2 contests in a row where the winning song has made my personal chart pre-contest (would be 3 as I charted Snow Strippers without realising it was Kath's entry in the opposite semi) - I must have some taste, even if it doesn't always extend to my own entries! I'm also very pleased to see Dan and Jade back in the top 10.

Happy that Picture Parlour ended up 21st (I knew I'd lose the tiebreak and I'd bumped up Singerpurear's points in my final vote as well), although 17 voters in a final is my joint fewest (and only 7 votes in the semi, the fewest of the top 25 but still enough for 16th!) - I feared it would fall between two stools as too slow/hoarse/depressing for some and too mid for others, but it's genuinely my favourite song of the moment and I'm delighted it found some fans here! Thank you so much Jacob for the Aelandor gold wub.gif a second to go with FSR Rontvia's, as well as the 12 from Pete, 9s from Meekul and the host, and 5 & 4 from Lotti & Sam.

Thank you Ben for the excellent hosting! clap.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 3rd August 2023, 08:17 AM
Post #286
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Well done Kath, killing it right now! This wasn't as good as Snow Strippers but still gave a healthy dose of pointage.

Pretty good top 5 there with 2 of my 3 faves featuring and only one I didn't vote for.

It took 76 contests to finish 19th and just 2 later we've landed there again, best finish of the season matched.

+Quote this post
Y'all Starlight
post 3rd August 2023, 08:46 AM
Post #287
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Pronouns: he/him
User: 153,406

Well done to Botchia on the great hosting (ngl your song was disrespected - 19th for me but very close to getting a vote)! A very good top 10 with 6/10 of my votes making it (Hendinia, Danævila, Nelionoir & Aesthetica were at 32nd, 31st, 16th & 36th respectively in my votes).

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 3rd August 2023, 09:38 AM
Post #288
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Fabulous contest, thanks to our gracious hosts, and congrats to Kath, on a hot streak or what!? 3 number ones inside a year or so - including the UK number one, of course. Thanks mucho to Kosheen voters too esp AH's 18, our 3rd top 20 in a row - sorry Jim, just pushed you out! Last time we got a 20th it was REOL, way back ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 3rd August 2023, 10:28 AM
Post #289
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

There were some really good discoveries this month tbh! Well done to all!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 3rd August 2023, 12:17 PM
Post #290
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

Congrats Kath !!!!!
My first contest is done - I did well to make the final!
Great hosting as well woo!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 3rd August 2023, 06:24 PM
Post #291
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

36th is the second time I've landed there after Salsa Me - that won the semi, this came 19th in the semi...

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 3rd August 2023, 07:23 PM
Post #292
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

QUOTE(Cameron @ Aug 2 2023, 11:38 PM) *
Absolutely thrilled that we managed to nab a top 20 placement (our first in a good while!) What a triumph of a comeback. Thank you to everyone who voted for Hushkanukia. It was fab getting back into BJSC and obviously sending pop perfection with Kiana. However, with the summer holidays coming to an end and me going back to work, I will once again be bowing out. Who knows, maybe Hushky will make a return again before summer 2024? ✌️

Thank you for briefly gracing us with your presence Cameron! Come back again soon please. heart.gif

+Quote this post
Freeze
post 3rd August 2023, 07:57 PM
Post #293
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,394

QUOTE(k👠th the Night @ Aug 3 2023, 06:30 AM) *
Yaaaass kink.gif

Shook to get actual Hendinia and New Lexico points + a point from Greenfroze in the semis cheeseblock.png

You're welcome! heehee.gif Hey, you were on my commiserations list for the final votes as well, don't forget that!

QUOTE(uhsting @ Aug 3 2023, 12:24 AM) *
YASSSSS THANK YOU GREENFROZE FOR 18 POINTS heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

Wohooo! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 4th August 2023, 02:00 AM
Post #294
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Late, but congrats Kath cheer.gif I'm definitely enjoying this Kathaldazia win even more than Snow Strippers, glad you seemed to enjoy the 18 from Harmonica too. tongue.gif I can't get enough of it!

That top 10 is much more to my taste than usual *.* Go_A and Dotter round out the top 3 nicely, and I'm thrilled for Dimension top 5 and twst top 10. Congrats Neliönoir on your first top 10 too!

Very impressed with the rebound for Ben's Sanctuary, coming back from second-to-last if I remember correctly. Lotunia, on the other hand, being the opposite and very front-loaded, undeserved. sad.gif Shout out to Dobago who actually sent a long-lost potential of mine, I was never quite convinced it'd be worth sending so I'm glad to be proven wrong!

41st is genuinely my best result of the year so far, so thanks to all who pointed 'Scenario'! I hope to keep up this momentum and get a long-overdue top 40 next time laugh.gif

I'll agree that St. Burbia was underrated, I couldn't rank it high enough for points but it sure didn't deserve last either. Seems like a great use of an AQ anyway! Thanks again Ben for hosting biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 4th August 2023, 07:07 AM
Post #295
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Genuinely shocked Neliönoir actually finished in the top ten. Amazing! Thank you to everyone who loved the song, and especially to Brer for hyping us up throughout the contest *.*

This is the first contest where I have been around for some of the listen-throughs and results — it really does make a big difference. I wasn’t completely sold on BJSC tbh but that was my fault for not properly engaging in it until now. It’s useful to know about the power of the different blocs… although I really thought ‘Harvest Heartbreak’ was going to win listening to these, clearly I know nothing.

A great top ten. ‘Strawberry Jam’, ‘Magic’, and ‘Off - World’ have been on repeat all week.

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 4th August 2023, 03:03 PM
Post #296
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

oh yes Harvest Heartbreak robbed sad.gif

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 4th August 2023, 03:45 PM
Post #297
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

Kathalda-SLAY-zia! Congrats on another win Kath.. when I saw that you had sent “Magic” I had a feeling it would do very well but didn't expect it to win so emphatically. That was a very tense reveal for the results, however it's great to have a jury reveal every once in a while to change things up and make it more interesting. Thank you for hosting Botchia, sorry I was working and so missed the results.

Excellent to see Neliönoir hit the Top 10 for the first time, you've sent such consistently great/diverse entries so far and until LSDXOXO they've all got paid dust with unjustly low finishing positions, so it is long overdue - I had expected BAMBII to do pretty well last time round but sadly for whatever reason it was not to be. Anyway, pleased that you are looking to stick around and I look forward to what you end up sending next! I'm also very pleased to finish sitting between my Top 2 of the contest in the Top 10! *.* Thanks to everyone who voted for twst!

QUOTE(Calvin Maxwell @ Aug 2 2023, 08:56 PM) *
Doctor Blind is clearly not Doctor Deaf cheer.gif tysm!

!!

Sadly all that listening to Aphex Twin at full volume and standing right near the speakers at the Cavern nightclub in the 2010s is starting to have an effect in my old age x

+Quote this post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 15th May 2024, 01:57 PM