BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
17 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> République d'Áskorza \\ National Thread // v3.0, Ummm so we kinda accidentally won?
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post 15th October 2018, 10:24 AM
Post #281
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Safe is a great entry, is it all over the radio in Germany currently?

I always buy the Bravo Hits compilations and it's on the latest edition of that so I heard the song for the first time a few weeks back.

You may be interested to know that Auf Uns was a very close 2nd in choosing what to send to YBO, I still listen to it all the time, <3 German pop *.*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post 15th October 2018, 11:15 AM
Post #282
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Thanks! Yeah it’s had some solid airplay here although i think it’s been a little displaced by “Oh hello” now as that dropped a couple of weeks ago (album was out on Friday)

I’ve been holding onto it since it came out trying to decide if i should send it or not.

Ooooh yay! Although I’ve got to say the pick you went with was excellent! Very timely too, this past couple of months it’s worked it’s way back into regular rotation for me so I’m thrilled to see it in the line up. Einfach zwölf!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 24th October 2018, 01:04 AM
Post #283
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

This was featured in All-American last week!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 24th October 2018, 10:31 PM
Post #284
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

This is one of my fave ever entries of yours, great track!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 23rd November 2018, 07:47 AM
Post #285
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Ashton doesn't speak French in BJSC CX

Namika, with her Ashton & German #1 smash hit Je Ne Parle Pas Français, is the final representative of the year for the Federal Republic of Ashton. With very #relatable lyrics. Namika is the latest German to represent Ashton, and aside from a couple of lines in French, is singing in German making it Ashton's 4th German Language entry of the year.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 21st April 2019, 11:33 AM
Post #286
Group icon
Queen of Soon

A decade of Áskorzjan rule

After a rough run of 10 contests, SNÁ and the ASC have vowed to come out swinging as they approach their 100th contest in charge of the Buzzjack Song Contest. At a press conference the GRd'Á promised to ensure the contest fired into the next decade of Áskorzjan rule with the revolutionary spirit that their reign started with.

As for the unceremonious dumping out of the Áskorzjan entrant in the semi's for the last three contests, the SNÁ had only this to say: "We will stay true to ourselves, but have absolute faith that just because you think you can stuff us back on the shelf that doesn't mean we can't do what you do better"

They then hit play on the below video and left the room. A reminder that the Sugababes only Brit award was for Best Dance Act? A reminder that their cover of a Rihanna track is better than the original? Who knows what was going through the mind of the SNÁ commissioners, but for the first time in a while they didn't throw their usual "xenophobic showers of racists" soundbites at the assembled media.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 24th April 2019, 10:00 PM
Post #287
Group icon
Queen of Soon

What's in a name change

The Governa République d'Áskorza has today confirmed that the Federal Republic of Ashton will be abandoning the hybrid English-Áskorzjan name République d'Ashton in favour of the full Áskorzjan "République d'Áskorza". The countries official short names are "Rép d'Ákz" and "Rd'Á". The correct demonym is Áskorzjan.

Our entrant this month has also seen success under a previous moniker. A legend returns.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 1st May 2019, 09:08 PM
Post #288
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Only You have the power to return Ashton to its final positioning

https://soundcloud.com/phil-kelly-657388534...sc-cxiv/s-HKDX7

The legends of pop and Áskorzjan royalty Mutya Keisha Siobhan return to BJSC to represent République d'Áskorza for the 6th time in the main contest. Only You, from the post-Polydor sessions is a fantastic uptempo sorta quasi dancepop banger.

We look forward to Áskorza returning to the final this month.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 1st May 2019, 09:13 PM
Post #289
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

a bop! shame i'm not in semi 1

+Quote this post
Silas
post 29th July 2019, 10:46 PM
Post #290
Group icon
Queen of Soon

There's always a chance at redemption

After a highly offensive placing for 15/10 SONG OF LIFE moment that is Only You (SNÁ and ÁSC notes and appreciates the high level of support from #00247E (better known within Ashton by it's Áskorzjan translation Natio d'la coláir - nation of the colour)) and the disgraceful dumping of yet another Áskorzjan entry in the semi-finals, the SNÁ and ÁSC were not holding much hope for BJSC CXVI entrant Lotte - indeed news has been slow to come out from the SNÁ/ÁSC BJSC HQ after the shock qualification was announced. Our sources have indicated that a lot of preprepared press materials relating to the reaction from CXVI and the Federal Republic's 117th entry was hastily shredded this morning!

Performing "Schau Mich Nicht So An" (don't look at me like that), Lotte has brought a magical midtempo about the struggle of not going back to an ex-lover, as much as you are drawn to them. Schau Mich Nicht So An is Áskorza's 6th German language entry since the start of the new century of BJSC contests. (English with 8 leads the way with Spanish and Polish on one each)

You can give our fantastic entry a spin below!!

cheer.gif cheer.gif VOTE FOR LOTTE cheer.gif cheer.gif

AshtonTimes has tracked down some exclusive footage from an intimate gig that Lotte performed in Aeroche following her qualification to the BJSC final. We thank Aeroche for their hospitality!

Be sure to also check out more from the excellent Lotte! Schau Mich Nicht So An is the first single from her second album (coming later this year), but her debut contained some wonderful track and a few former Áskorzjan potentials including 'Auf beiden beinen' and our personal favourite from Lotte's debut album, 'Farben'.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 20th September 2020, 11:12 AM
Post #291
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Redemption 2.0

Not since Powder has an entry from République d'Áskorza hit the top 10, in spite of solid gold BANGERS like "Only You" from the Sugababes and "Better" by actual Eurovision winner Lena with Nico Santos among many others, but still we persevere with the underappreciated and heavily slept on German music scene.

Today the SNÁ and ÁSC say "Mehr Davon!!" and have confirmed that the country will enter it's 4th German language track of the decade and 5th German entry of the decade. A former entrant, who in the eyes of the SNÁ and ÁSC did not place as highly as was deserved, has been selected to be the nations entry on home turf.

Our sources indicate that the artist, who has been revealed to the domestic audience along with the chosen song, beat out strong competition from Áskorzjan royalty and another German language track which we can exclusively reveal below.

[AshtonTimes]

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 22nd September 2020, 01:42 PM
Post #292
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946

Geil wub.gif Kinda reminds me of Cassandra Steen - Stadt, minus the big chorus.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 26th September 2020, 08:07 PM
Post #293
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Mehr Davon in the 100 Acre Woods

Lotte returns for République d'Áskorza with the fantastic punchy Mehr Davon! Lotte will compete in SF1 of the Federally hosted semi-finals.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 2nd October 2020, 09:25 PM
Post #294
Group icon
Hello?

This sort of reminds me of a female (German) Macklemore song. It's very infectious, I heard it on a compilation a couple of months ago but hearing it again here has definitely helped it click, will check out her other stuff.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 12th March 2021, 08:24 PM
Post #295
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Numa Numa Looo-oooo-oooooh-oooh-oooove

Still committed to Deutschland, République d’Áskorza has entered German Leony with her new track „Faded Love“.

And yes. It samples Dragostea Din Tei which you can relive below for fun and then you can vote Rép d‘Ákz in SF2

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 12th March 2021, 08:29 PM
Post #296
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Greetings République d'Áskorza (though I still just want to address you as Ashton, given it’s the name of a suburb of Bristol close to me and the partial name of Bristol City”s stadium! laugh.gif)

I had come across your entry in January...
QUOTE(awardinary @ Jan 15 2021, 11:40 AM) *
Samples O-Zone’s single Dragostea Din Tei;

I wasn’t disappointed by the sample, and I have a strong feeling I’d we were in the same Semi I would point you! Hope this month your nation gets a deserved qualification! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post 14th April 2021, 07:42 AM
Post #297
Group icon
Queen of Soon

No we never never never not try

Fresh from victory in Deutschland Sucht den Superstar (German Pop Idol) Jan-Marten is tackling a more daunting competition in the form of the 134th Buzzjack Song Contest in Mosquetania. "Never Not Try" is his winners single from DSDS and it is, in our humble opinion, the best reality tv winners single since Sound of the Underground.

You can check it out above and vote for Jan-Marten and République d'Áskorza in SF2.

And for added fun, here is Jan-Marten's winners performance from a slightly pared back DSDS final event (Cheers for that Corona!)

+Quote this post
Silas
post 10th May 2021, 08:59 PM
Post #298
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Youse we’re warned

Apache 207 with Roller is the 135th entry for République d’Áskorza in the buzzjack Song Contest. We love it and hope you do too!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 11th May 2021, 02:41 PM
Post #299
Group icon
Hello?

Oh I am familiar with this one! It must be on a Bravo Hits compilaition I have, it's certainly catchy for its genre.

I hope you follow through with that schlager-rap entry at some point *.*

+Quote this post
Silas
post 11th May 2021, 02:49 PM
Post #300
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Yeah I’d be shocked if it wasn’t on a Bravo Hits, was a huge hit here!

But I think I will defo follow this up with the Schlager-rap. Not sure if I’ll send the first one or it’s follow up yet but will see how I feel when confirmations open (or what I do in June 👀)

+Quote this post

17 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 11th May 2024, 01:35 AM