BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Worldvision V | The Reveal, 8PM
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Chez Wombat
post 7th July 2020, 07:20 PM
Post #21
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

omg Melisandre!! Let's hope the Lord of the Light brings some good luck x
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 7th July 2020, 07:21 PM
Post #22
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

my people heart.gif from first listen Addy did great representing PH

I hope people enjoy a CamelPhat/Franky Wah type song for my offering! Brazil has a HUGE EDM scene so I got lucky with that lol

+Quote this post
danG
post 7th July 2020, 07:21 PM
Post #23
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Estonian indie and Danish pop up now.. If anyone can find a biography for Clara then I'll thank you later.

Estonia :: Flynnonda :: Frankie Animal - Nightlights

Frankie Animal is an Estonian indie rock band formed in 2012. In the year of their foundation, Frankie Animal participated in the Estonian Youth Band (Noortebänd) competition, where they managed to win eight awards. In 2014 they released a debut EP Obsession, which peaked in digital streaming platforms. The band has performed at the Positivus Festival in Latvia, as well as in The Netherlands at Eurosonic Noorderslag. They were also the supporting act for Ewert and the Two Dragons during their 2015 tour in Germany. In April 2016 Frankie Animal released their first full-length album The Backbeat. Frankie Animal participated in Eesti Laul 2018 with their entry "(Can't Keep Calling) Misty".

Denmark :: Vülkyria :: Clara - Thank Me Later

[no biography available]

Next up are Kluminican Republic and Jupiterdonia.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 7th July 2020, 07:24 PM
Post #24
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Clara Toft Simonsen (født 24. August 2000) kendt som Clara, er en dansk singer-songwriter.

Clara fik som 15-årig en udviklingskontrakt med Sony Music. I November 2017 debuterede hun med sin singlen "What They Say" og senere EP'en Dress Like You're Already Famous. I August 2018 udgav hun sit debutalbum August Eighteen med bl.a. singlerne "Foolish" og "Slippin".

I løbet af 2019 blev Clara nomineret ved forskellige danske prisoverrækkelser; P3 Guld, GAFFA-Prisen, Zulu Awards og Danish Music Awards hvor hun sidstnævnt vandt prisen for "Årets Nye Danske Navn". I November 2019 spillede hun 12 koncerter rundt omkring i Danmark i forbindelse med sin Danmarksturné.

Clara er niece til forfatter Renée Toft Simonsen og sanger Thomas Helmig.

There's a biography of Clara from Danish Wikipedia magic.gif x

I remember Frankie Animal from a pretty underrated N DNTN entry before ~

+Quote this post
danG
post 7th July 2020, 07:27 PM
Post #25
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

We say hello to KlumRep who were given Colombia so I don't blame them for going with a more recognisable name, well two of them actually. Meanwhile Iceland appear for Jupiterdonia. It's been a great year for Iceland with them having the biggest hit from the Eurovision season alongside them being the focus country of the Eurovision movie, could they top it all off with a Worldvision win too?

Colombia :: Kluminican Republic :: Karol G & Ozuna - Hello

Carolina Giraldo Navarro (born 14 February 1991), known professionally as Karol G, is a Colombian reggaeton singer and songwriter. She is predominantly described as a reggaeton and Latin trap artist, but has experimented with a variety of other genres including reggae and sertaneja. She is also noted for being a prominent female presence in the reggaeton scene. In 2018, she won the Latin Grammy Award for Best New Artist, and has been nominated for several Billboard Latin Music Awards and Premios Lo Nuestro awards.

Juan Carlos Ozuna Rosado (born March 13, 1992), known simply by his surname Ozuna, is a Puerto Rican reggaeton and Latin trap singer, regarded as the "New King of Reggaeton". All of his studio albums have reached the top of the Billboard Top Latin Albums, with Aura charting at number seven on the Billboard 200. His musical style is primarily reggaeton and trap, but he has collaborated with artists spanning a variety of genres, including reggae, bachata, and EDM.

Iceland :: Jupiterdonia :: BRÍET - Ghosts

Despite being young and seemingly unexperienced, the eighteen-year old BRÍET has been playing live since she was fifteen. In January she released her first single 'In Too Deep' which has gained a good amount of attention worldwide and her first EP will be released in next weeks. The music would be described as a mixture of R&B and Electro-pop which soothingly gets under your skin and won't leave you unsatisfied. So make sure you won't miss this debut performance from BRÍET at Sónar Reykjavik. She's going places.

Mosquetania and a very late confirmation from Hendinia are up next..

(thanks)

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 7th July 2020, 07:28 PM
Post #26
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Yay me cmon gurl

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 7th July 2020, 07:28 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I'm looking forward to my reveal just so I can remember what I ended up sending - it's not the easiest act name or song to find again!

Had a quick sample of each so far and it's sounding suitably varied happy.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 7th July 2020, 07:32 PM
Post #28
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

We get a chill house remix of an Austrian singer from Mosquetania, and another actress this time from Czech Republic - not the country Hendinia were hoping for but they managed to get this in just in time for tonight's reveal.

Austria // Mosquetania :: Thorsteinn Einarsson - Leya (YOUNOTUS Remix)

Thorsteinn Einarsson (born March 19, 1996 in Reykjavík, Iceland) is an Austrian–Icelandic musician who became known through the Austrian talent show Die große Chance. Einarsson was born to an Icelandic father and an Austrian mother. He moved to Salzburg for the first time at the age of five, where his father studied singing. After three years, his parents separated and he moved with his mother back to Reykjavík. At age eleven, he founded his first band. At 14, he moved back to Salzburg, where his father worked as an opera singer. After his education, he began a cookery apprenticeship. In 2014, he took part in the talent show Die große Chance where he placed fourth. At the 2015 Amadeus Awards he was awarded in the category Songwriter of the Year.

Czech Republic :: Hendinia :: Lucie Vondrackova - Zombie

Lucie Plekancová Vondráčková [Pronounced as pleh-kahn-tso-va: von-dra-ch-koh-va:] (born 8 March 1980 in Prague, Czechoslovakia) is a Czech popular singer and theatre and film actress. She has won a number of awards. Lucie Vondráčková comes from a musical family. Her father Jiří Vondráček is a musician, while her mother, Hana Sorrosa Vondráčková, is a respected lyricist. She speaks five languages and has Ecuadorian roots via a maternal grandfather. Vondráčková attended primary school in Prague. She studied music and drama at the Prague Conservatory, and completed the course of Cultural studies, with a Master of Arts degree. She earned the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in 2006 at Charles University in Prague. On 17 June 2011, she married Czech International hockey player Tomáš Plekanec who played for the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs in the National Hockey League. The couple has 2 sons, Matyáš and Adam.

Yehesi and Scherzland are next.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 7th July 2020, 07:34 PM
Post #29
Group icon

BRÍET's previous main contest entry was a good one as well so hoping this will be a good track to represent Iceland! (They have a more spotty history of Worldvision entries than I'd like for one of my favourite musical countries x). 'Ghosts' as a song title strikes once more also cheeseblock.png

I see Mosquetania sneakily sending a half Icelandic act too laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 7th July 2020, 07:37 PM
Post #30
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

QUOTE(Bré @ Jul 7 2020, 12:34 PM) *
I see Mosquetania sneakily sending a half Icelandic act too laugh.gif
lol Jafet would

+Quote this post
danG
post 7th July 2020, 07:37 PM
Post #31
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

We get our first Eurovision entrant recycle of the night from Cyprus, thanks to a late Yehesi confirmation. Scherzland were given Canada and send a track which is definitely not a Holly Valance cover, I checked.

Cyprus :: Yehesi :: Ivi Adamou - Ponane Oi Agapes

Ivi Adamou (Greek: Ήβη Αδάμου, pronounced [ˈivi aˈðamu]; born 24 November 1993) is a Greek-Cypriot singer. She was born and raised in Agia Napa, Cyprus and currently resides in Alexandroupoli, Greece. Adamou rose to recognition in Greece and Cyprus following her participation in the second season of the Greek version of The X Factor, where she was under the mentorship of Giorgos Theofanous. Right after her elimination from the X Factor, Adamou secured a recording contract with Sony Music Greece. She gained further recognition from her participation in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012, where she represented Cyprus with the song "La La Love".

Canada :: Scherzland :: Madeline Merlo - Kiss Kiss

Madeline Merlo (born February 9, 1994 in Maple Ridge, British Columbia) is a Canadian country music singer-songwriter. She signed to Open Road Recordings in 2013 and released her debut album, Free Soul, three years later. In 2015, Merlo received the "Rising Star" award from the Canadian Country Music Association.

Next up are Altyr Muunilinst and Hushkanukia.

+Quote this post
danG
post 7th July 2020, 07:42 PM
Post #32
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

Altyr Muunilinst had one of the biggest challenges in finding a song from Egypt, meanwhile our 2nd former Eurovision entrant comes from Hushkanukia who were given Azerbaijan.

Egypt :: Altyr Muunilinst :: Ramy Gamal - Sa’af

[no biography available].

Azerbaijan :: Hushkanukia :: SAMRA - Queen

Samra Rahimli (Azerbaijani: Səmra Rəhimli, born 20 October 1994) is an Azerbaijani singer. In 2015, she competed in O Ses Türkiye (The Voice of Turkey) where she made it to the quarterfinals and in March 2016, she became a finalist on the first season of Səs Azərbaycan (The Voice of Azerbaijan). On 10 March 2016, she was announced as the Azerbaijani act for the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the song "Miracle". Rahimli performed during Semi Final 1 and successfully progressed to the Grand Final where she placed 17th with 117 points.

Next up are République d'Áskorza and Dobago.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 7th July 2020, 07:43 PM
Post #33
Group icon

Second time that Ivi has been chosen for Cyprus in Worldvision (I suppose she is the obvious first choice!)

+Quote this post
danG
post 7th July 2020, 07:46 PM
Post #34
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

République d’Áskorza were lucky enough to be given Spain meaning they could recycle their former winner. Meanwhile Australia send one of Australia's most well known dance producers in Fisher.

Spain :: République d’Áskorza :: Álvaro Soler - Loca

Álvaro Tauchert Soler (Spanish: [ˈalβaɾo soˈleɾ], German: [ˈtaʊxɐrt], Catalan: [suˈle]; born 9 January 1991) is a Spanish singer. He rose to prominence across Europe and Latin America with his 2015 hit "El Mismo Sol", primarily hitting success in Italy, Switzerland and Mexico. A special bilingual Spanish-English version of "El mismo sol", featuring Jennifer Lopez, was also recorded for international release in the United States, in the United Kingdom, and worldwide. His follow up single "Sofia" in 2016 also achieved chart success in European countries, reaching number 1 in Poland, Italy, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belgium and Switzerland. Soler has released two studio albums, Eterno Agosto in 2015 and Mar de Colores in 2018. His single "La Cintura" taken from his second album has become a pan-European hit for him.

Australia :: Dobago :: FISHER - Stop It

Paul Nicholas Fisher, known by the stage name Fisher (stylised as FISHER) is an Australian music producer. He was nominated for the 2018 ARIA Award for Best Dance Release as well as the Best Dance Recording category at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards for his solo single "Losing It".

Next up:
Elëdan
FSR Rontvia

+Quote this post
danG
post 7th July 2020, 07:50 PM
Post #35
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

Elëdan were initially given India again but were offered to choose an alternative; they were lucky enough to get Norway. FSR Rontvia were given Croatia and send who I think is the oldest person in the contest.

Norway :: Elëdan :: girl in red - midnight love

Marie Ulven Ringheim (born 16 February 1999), also known as Marie Ulven or professionally as girl in red (stylized in all lowercase), is a Norwegian indie pop singer-songwriter. She is known for appealing to young teenagers with her "bedroom pop anthems about romance and mental health." Her single "I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend" has gained over 150 million streams online, and was listed at No. 9 on The New York Times list of "The 68 Best Songs of 2018". Since 2018, Ulven has released two extended plays from her bedroom studio and has amassed over 5 million monthly streamers on Spotify. Ulven has been named a "queer icon" by Paper, and a "phenomenon" that is "one of the most astute and exciting singer-songwriters working in the world of guitar music" by New York Times. Her music, which is made from the comfort of her bedroom, has amassed over 150 million streams as of October 2019. Since 2019, Ulven has been on two North American tours and two European tours, and has performed at festivals such as Lowlands, Rock en Seine and Øyafestivalen. She was named by NME as "one of the most hyped acts at The Great Escape" in 2019.

Croatia :: FSR Rontvia :: Neda Ukraden - Na Balkanu

Neda Ukraden (Serbian Cyrillic: Неда Украден, born 16 August 1950) is a Croatian pop singer born in Croatia, grew up in Bosnia and Herzegovina and is currently living in Belgrade, Serbia. Her professional career stretches back to 1967.

Next up:
Aesthetica
Fljótavík

+Quote this post
Jade
post 7th July 2020, 07:51 PM
Post #36
Group icon
I wanna keep all of your charm in a canister
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

'midnight love' by girl in red came top 10 for me in the Pop Forum Song Contest like... 2 months ago laugh.gif so that is maybe a good sign for it here x

+Quote this post
danG
post 7th July 2020, 07:53 PM
Post #37
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

Aesthetica send a fusion of dance and jazz from Portugal that had me very intrigued. As do Fljótavík who managed to find a rave track from Greece.

Portugal :: Aesthetica :: Armando Mendes - Mae Nam

Armando Mendes is one of Portugal’s most assured artists. His rich and musical sound is informed by jazz and funk and he has played all over the world from Russia to Australia, all while picking up more than 80,000 monthly plays on Spotify for his music. His tremendous debut album ranges across the electronic music spectrum from downbeat and jazzy to deep house and electronica. Portuguese artist Armando Mendes makes a huge statement with his debut album ‘Parallel Universe’, which was written and recorded over two and half years between LA, London and Berlin with legends including Robert Owens, Ithaka from the N.W.A. crew and Defected’s Jinadu.

Greece :: Fljótavík :: ΠΕΡΑ ΣΤΑ ΟΡΗ - 1993 Up-Side Down Chairs (­Get Back There ½Mix)

no description available.

Next up:
Wholune
Republic of Adonia

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 7th July 2020, 07:54 PM
Post #38
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

omg my PFSC impact *.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 7th July 2020, 07:56 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Neda jumped out at me - I was originally looking for a Croatian dance song/act but mostly ended up finding dad-rock bands.

In the end I couldn't resist this seasoned, iconic diva with a Balkan summer party song.

---------

Some very interesting names in here, and some very recognisable. Will be interesting to hear what people have found.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 7th July 2020, 07:56 PM
Post #40
Group icon
‘psychedelic pop-infused’? Pull the other one!
User: 67,771

Ooh me next with the worst country I could get for this laugh.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 5th May 2024, 09:02 AM