BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Club Bizarre Vol.19 - 2000's, Results
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
danG
post 29th April 2022, 08:14 PM
Post #101
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

You as host get to choose but do please run it past the mods first so we can judge the suitability.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 29th April 2022, 08:15 PM
Post #102
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Congrats gooddelta *.* Was an inspired and euphoric song that I certainly never would've known about otherwise. Good to see Peace Division & Coburn in the top 10 and Goldenscan do a bit better since I last commented

Will gladly take 12th given how much I flopped for most of this, thank you for the few big fans for remembering this forgotten jam, 3rd in the all time points leaderboard as well cheeseblock.png

Thanks for hosting, Addy!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 29th April 2022, 08:20 PM
Post #103
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(Daan @ Apr 29 2022, 09:14 PM) *
You as host get to choose but do please run it past the mods first so we can judge the suitability.

Will do, is there a running list of themes that have already been used?

+Quote this post
danG
post 29th April 2022, 08:23 PM
Post #104
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

It's in the OP of the pinned 'results archive' thread.

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 29th April 2022, 08:24 PM
Post #105
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

So for anyone who's interested, the song I entered, Sunrise by Goldenscan, sampled Another Heart Breaks by ELO from their 1981 album, Time, which was the first album I bought. The sampled part of the song is slower here. It was speeded up by Goldenscan so you could dance to it.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 29th April 2022, 08:44 PM
Post #106
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Daan @ Apr 29 2022, 09:23 PM) *
It's in the OP of the pinned 'results archive' thread.

Thank you, will have a think.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 29th April 2022, 09:22 PM
Post #107
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Apr 29 2022, 09:44 PM) *

You may also consider recycling past themes too, especially earlier ones. We can always have a Part 2 of something as the genres are limited somewhat

+Quote this post
Mangø
post 29th April 2022, 09:51 PM
Post #108
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151

11th? I'll happily take that for my first time! Congrats to Rich dance.gif

+Quote this post
Cow P
post 29th April 2022, 09:58 PM
Post #109
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren
User: 127,479

Well, 17th wasn't really a bad result. I'll take that! Thanks Chez and Wardy for the single point, also Cody for another +12. wub.gif

Congrats Delta for the win. It really sucks the song isn't released on Spotify so I could give another several listens.

That was a close one, Cody. I'm quite a fan of Corsten's Gouryella project. Him winning this CB edition would be nice as he was knighted several days ago. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Doomsday Dong
post 30th April 2022, 08:17 AM
Post #110
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

WHY DIDN'T YOU ALLOW VICTOTIA BECKHAM MY LOVE IS FOR REAL RADIO EDIT WHEN IT IS A DANCE SANG FROM THE 2000S?!

I SENT ANOTHER SANG AND EVERYONE HATED IT!!!!

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 30th April 2022, 09:06 AM
Post #111
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

Because they're from an Artist Forum and very well known. The song may not be but it's not in the spirit of the contest x

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 30th April 2022, 09:07 AM
Post #112
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Aww I was hoping to do better honestly, I thought I was onto something with a great vaguely Daft Punk-y sound, but a few fans, thanks and especially Rich for the 12, glad that was a good discovery, I honestly had no idea where to start for this and defaulted to looking up what Japanese groups were doing in the 00s - Miss Mars sounded great when I came across it.

Congratulations on winning as well Rich, I think that one went over my head a little, but it’s a nice track, I’ll look forward to what you have for a theme.

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 30th April 2022, 09:17 AM
Post #113
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Apr 29 2022, 09:44 PM) *

Please a modern theme next edition tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post 2nd May 2022, 09:32 PM
Post #114
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211

Late comment, but finishing at #13 wasn't as bad as I thought. Thank you to the people who enjoyed "Waters of Nazareth", especially Bré, Cody and Jade for giving 12, 10 and 8 points, respectively, to the track. *_*

Congrats gooddelta for winning and thanks for hosting, Addy!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 3rd May 2022, 02:00 PM
Post #115
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Many congrats Rich! Didn't vote for the song but it was still pretty good. Look forward to seeing what theme you pick for the next volume.

My top 3 all finishing top 10, whoop. I was especially shocked to see Kai Tracid floundering near the bottom of the votes for ages so that's some huge surge and rightly so! Also I'm positively shocked to see Rave Heaven finish third. I loved it but I didn't think it would have wide appeal. Same goes for Chelley, the TRASHINESS of it delivering *_*

16th is maybe a bit below what I was expecting (low top 10 perhaps) but I see the points are all reasonably close midtable. Also it was hard to predict the genres that would be entered given it was a time-based edition this time so definitely my entry was competing against very similar sounding ones. Still, a unique position for CB.

No real complaints otherwise other than Wave is too low, that turned out to be a proper grower.

Thanks very much Addy for hosting this again, made some great discoveries as per!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 4th May 2022, 07:54 PM
Post #116
Group icon
I wanna keep all of your charm in a canister
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Super late to this sorry but very happy with the top 10 placing! Discovered 'Lover' very recently from my clubbercise classes (I think the instructor sources a lot of the songs from Clubland compilations) and found it really joyful, thought it could work well here. Congrats Rich and thanks Addy! <3

+Quote this post
Brer
post 22nd May 2022, 09:49 PM
Post #117
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Apologies for the almost month late comment (I missed out on these results when they were happening and just hadn't got around to leaving a comment yet, better late than never).

I noticed that the tiebreaks here didn't seem to be broken and on looking back through the thread I think I should be 8th instead of 9th, if Dan wouldn't mind quickly fixing that in the results archive thread? (At the expense of your own song whistle.gif) Not going to make a full spreadsheet to double check everything but just going through to break the tie:

Peace Division: 8+1+1+4+1+7+8+8+10+7+10 (11 votes; 2 10s; 3 8s)
Coburn: 10+5+6+3+5+10+6+7+8+2+3 (11 votes; 2 10s; 1 8)

And the other tie broken for good measure so I'm not just here to protest my own result but also the result of the song I gave 12 points to kink.gif

Justice: 3+3+2+12+8+5+1+4+6+10+1+1 (12 votes; 1 12)
Ultrabeat: 5+3+6+4+1+2+6+5+7+10+3+4 (12 votes; no 12s)
J Majik & Wickaman: 5+8+4+2+1+10+12+7+7 (9 votes)

So that should be Justice up to 11th and Ultrabeat/J Majik & Wickaman down to 12th and 13th.

Anyways, very happy to have finally got back into the top 10 in one of these after 3 straight flops, I decided to specifically seek out something with a seedy nightclub vibe (always a fave in my own votes but I don't send them myself nearly enough) and it took a little while but Peace Division fit that bill perfectly, happy that it did pick up a good number of fans here, funnily enough an almost identical points distribution to the one I got in PFSC today with 2 silvers, 3 bronzes and 2 further top 5 rankings. Belated thank you to Dan and RFC for the 10s, Addy, Chez and Kath for the 8s and Iz, Juan, Jade, Lewis, Rollo and uhsting for the remaining points <3 Me and Dan actually trading 10 points and ending up tied with each other *.*

The Anjo song was a great pick out of obscurity, I did guess that would be Rich as I remember you also sent something from a similar source (the same CD?) to my BJSC Instrumentals spinoff - a real shame that song isn't available on Spotify but I'll need to do a YouTube rip to add it to my playlist as a local file, well done Rich on a well deserved win there! I wasn't a huge fan of either of the others in the top 3 so that was the result I was rooting for. Happy to see Kai Tracid and Röyksopp in the top 5 too (this Kai song wasn't as great as Trance & Acid but still a good tune, glad it picked up after the slow start) and ikon Chelley in the top 10 along with Coburn. Shame that Justice just missed the top 10 (even after my correction xx) as that was quite an easy 12 for me, already familiar with a few other Justice songs but this is one I hadn't heard before so thank you Juan for introducing me to it!

I guess I can see why it didn't do so well but that is a disappointing result for 80KIDZ which was also an easy standout for me. Iz sending the Japanese act, who'd have guessed thinking.gif

Thanks for the hosting Addy!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd May 2022, 10:38 PM
Post #118
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Brer @ May 22 2022, 10:49 PM) *
The Anjo song was a great pick out of obscurity, I did guess that would be Rich as I remember you also sent something from a similar source (the same CD?) to my BJSC Instrumentals spinoff - a real shame that song isn't available on Spotify but I'll need to do a YouTube rip to add it to my playlist as a local file, well done Rich on a well deserved win there! I wasn't a huge fan of either of the others in the top 3 so that was the result I was rooting for. Happy to see Kai Tracid and Röyksopp in the top 5 too (this Kai song wasn't as great as Trance & Acid but still a good tune, glad it picked up after the slow start) and ikon Chelley in the top 10 along with Coburn. Shame that Justice just missed the top 10 (even after my correction xx) as that was quite an easy 12 for me, already familiar with a few other Justice songs but this is one I hadn't heard before so thank you Juan for introducing me to it!

Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, Chase The Sun by Sonority, which I sent to that, was from another free CD sent out to me by the defunct Peoplesound website in 2001. This one, rather amusingly, was from the Daily Star laugh.gif I definitely didn't read this paper when I was 15 - or ever - I just saw a free CD on it advertising 'the biggest dance tunes of 2002 now' and thought I may as well pick it up. Of course there were no hits on the CD of any description, nor did any songs on it become hits, but there were a couple of solid tunes and this great track from Anjo, with its effective spoken word sample from Blade Runner, so it was worth the 20p. It is a real shame it's so unknown and therefore not on streaming, I have no info about the artist at all either. In fact I was surprised to find it on YouTube, I thought I'd have to add it myself.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 15th May 2024, 02:15 AM