BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Perrie - Forget About Us • 1st Single, Release date: 12th April 2024
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Envoirment
post 19th April 2024, 07:33 PM
Post #261
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ Apr 19 2024, 07:40 PM) *
As in, 3

It's stayed fairly stable on Apple Music and was still climbing on Amazon (before the Taylor album bomb). Main let down is spotify, but I can see it re-climbing once the Taylor album bomb dies down a bit. The music video was released today which should help boost it a bit.

It has a great summer feel so I think it will manage to last a while in the top 40, perhaps 10+ weeks even.

Happy it managed to debut in the top 10! cheer.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 19th April 2024, 08:14 PM
Post #262
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Their solo careers have arrived in a very belated fashion. None of them have exactly struck while the iron is hot. Perrie's solo debut comes...

- 1 year and 11 months after Little Mix's last show (May 2022)
- 2 years and 5 months after Little Mix's last album/single (November 2021)

... it's quite a significant stretch of time to essentially be inactive from the charts.

They're essentially pop veterans as they begin their solo careers - Perrie's 12 years into her music career overall. Even though they're technically new artists, I don't think they're really being perceived in that way. Maybe that's a part of why there's perhaps a lack of public excitement over their solo launches? Idk~

Nevertheless, I don't think #10 is bad - a Top 10 is a Top 10!

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 19th April 2024, 10:09 PM
Post #263
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

Happy she got a Top 10 but they really should have released all the physicals and the video straight away. This week was their strongest chance at getting the best peak.

Just watched the video, I actually enjoyed it. Obviously nothing amazing but I liked that it was different to other LM videos.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 19th April 2024, 10:31 PM
Post #264
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Apr 19 2024, 09:14 PM) *
Their solo careers have arrived in a very belated fashion. None of them have exactly struck while the iron is hot. Perrie's solo debut comes...

- 1 year and 11 months after Little Mix's last show (May 2022)
- 2 years and 5 months after Little Mix's last album/single (November 2021)

... it's quite a significant stretch of time to essentially be inactive from the charts.

They're essentially pop veterans as they begin their solo careers - Perrie's 12 years into her music career overall. Even though they're technically new artists, I don't think they're really being perceived in that way. Maybe that's a part of why there's perhaps a lack of public excitement over their solo launches? Idk~

Nevertheless, I don't think #10 is bad - a Top 10 is a Top 10!

Good to put it into perspective. That's really it too. To some extent it's almost like making all the wrong moves.

Perrie has done a lot right though, she just left it too late to start, possibly. I hope not.

I REALLY hope as well that she doesn't become the third member of the group to talk about an album that never materialises. I say this with love because all of these girls are really talented, especially compared to a lot of other girl groups from the past where most of them could sing okay and were okay dancers, or only one of the two.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 20th April 2024, 11:05 AM
Post #265
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

I don’t understand why, in 2024, people still think people give a f*** that Ed Sheeran wrote their song for them.

He’s been writing songs for other artists for over a decade now. I remember One Direction fans getting excited cos he wrote Little Things back in 2012 ffs. Ed Sheeran writing your song really isn’t that exciting or special, and what is this weird presumption that people ‘should’ care because he wrote it anyway? There’s tons of talented writers out there who can write hits.

The grip he has on the music industry is weird. He’s given her such a boring song and probably killed her career before it even started.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 20th April 2024, 01:08 PM
Post #266
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I'm gonna say, I think the sad truth of the matter is her career wouldn't pan out much differently either way. I don't think any of them are destined to be big solo artists, and this will probably be the best she gets regardless.

+Quote this post
Scene
post 20th April 2024, 01:39 PM
Post #267
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

I think Perrie’s next release should be something more rocky as I feel like that’s her lane as a solo artist. FAU going to 10 is a good foundation for single 2 to do well but it’ll need to be a fantastic song. I honestly thought FAU would do better than it has, it sounds great in the sun!

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 20th April 2024, 02:33 PM
Post #268
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ Apr 20 2024, 02:08 PM) *
I'm gonna say, I think the sad truth of the matter is her career wouldn't pan out much differently either way. I don't think any of them are destined to be big solo artists, and this will probably be the best she gets regardless.

I don't think any of them were ever going to have multiple albums and tours but I thought Perrie at least would have managed a proper hit single. She's really popular. I really do think the underperformance is more of a reflection of the song than anything else. I was excited for her debut but I've only played the song twice so she's already missed out on dozens of streams from a hardcore fan like me for example and I'd imagine there's other stans who think the song is just crap too.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 20th April 2024, 03:26 PM
Post #269
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I think the boat has sailed for any of them solo wise and they have also left the band too long now too so I think they will probably struggle to get hit singles if they come back again too now.

They will always be a touring force at least so they have that to fall back on.

+Quote this post
Yousee
post 20th April 2024, 03:33 PM
Post #270
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 129,076

If you're in a VERY SUCCESSFUL band, where all members are allowed to shine, you're proud of the music you put out, and you all genuinely get on, why is there a need to break up and go solo? For ego? For the inevitable comparisons of the band members' output by the public, media and fans? Wasn't it about the music and success anymore?

If you want an identity separate from the band, why not pursue other non-musical solo projects?

Maybe I have no idea how the music industry works, but bands do this all the time: split up, have abysmal solo careers, then run back together years down the line for tours to make money.

Little Mix was/is a unique kind of girlband. Their vocal abilities and the way they blend is rare. They're all gorgeous ladies, can perform and are generally well-liked. With their talent and ability to grow as a group (compare their earlier with their later releases), they could re-invent the group and even potentially diversify. Some of them could learn to play an instrument and surprise fans on stage. Their Woman Like Me/Free Your Mind in the Confetti tour was amazing, and a kind of uncharted territory for them. They could even move at a slower pace considering family commitments.
I still think they're capable of so much more as a band, and should not have announced a hiatus.

There are a number of boy bands going strong for decades!

Some bands are established as a platform for one or more members to eventually become mega solo music stars; I don't think Little Mix is that band. Even if they were, they left it too late. They're far too entrenched as Little Mix now, and they gave their prime to the band.
I know Jade is yet to release, but what are the odds really? Maybe one or two hits?
I'd be pleasantly surprised if one or two of them prove me wrong.

This post has been edited by Yousee: 20th April 2024, 03:34 PM

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 20th April 2024, 03:38 PM
Post #271
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Yousee @ Apr 20 2024, 04:33 PM) *
If you're in a VERY SUCCESSFUL band, where all members are allowed to shine, you're proud of the music you put out, and you all genuinely get on, why is there a need to break up and go solo? For ego? For the inevitable comparisons of the band members' output by the public, media and fans? Wasn't it about the music and success anymore?
If you want an identity separate from the band, why not pursue other non-musical solo projects?
Maybe I have no idea how the music industry works, but bands do this all the time: split up, have abysmal solo careers, then run back together years down the line for tours to make money.
Little Mix was/is a unique kind of girlband. Their vocal abilities and the way they blend is rare. They're all gorgeous ladies, can perform and are generally well-liked. With their talent and ability to grow as a group (compare their earlier with their later releases), they could re-invent the group and even potentially diversify. Some of them could learn to play an instrument and surprise fans on stage. Their Woman Like Me/Free Your Mind in the Confetti tour was amazing, and a kind of uncharted territory for them. They could even move at a slower pace considering family commitments.
I still think they're capable of so much more as a band, and should not have announced a hiatus.

There are a number of boy bands going strong for decades!

Some bands are established as a platform for one or more members to eventually become mega solo music stars; I don't think Little Mix is that band. Even if they were, they left it too late. They're far too entrenched as Little Mix now, and they gave their prime to the band.
I know Jade is yet to release, but what are the odds really? Maybe one or two hits?
I'd be pleasantly surprised if one or two of them prove me wrong.

To be fair to the girls they were together for 11 years and spent all of their late teens and 20's together. I don't blame them for wanting to just do something else in life for a while and write their own music that they can sing by themselves and release their own album (lol) etc.

There's plenty of time to go back to Little Mix. They could tour together in their 40's and 50's due to how big their back catalogue is. Let them get the solo career itch out of their system and enjoy doing something different for a while. They were probably the longest running group without a line-up change or any massive breaks (Take That) ever, right? Non stop recording, promoting and touring since they won X-Factor til like mid 2021.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 20th April 2024, 04:34 PM
Post #272
Group icon
Break the tension

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Apr 20 2024, 04:26 PM) *
I think the boat has sailed for any of them solo wise and they have also left the band too long now too so I think they will probably struggle to get hit singles if they come back again too now.

They will always be a touring force at least so they have that to fall back on.

I think that's definitely true, waiting so long was a bad idea. Not only that, another problem I think they face going solo is most of the public know Little Mix as a group but unlike other acts like say the Spice Girls or 1D for example, a large percentage of the general public wouldn't know the name of an individual member.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 20th April 2024, 06:27 PM
Post #273
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ Apr 20 2024, 05:34 PM) *
I think that's definitely true, waiting so long was a bad idea. Not only that, another problem I think they face going solo is most of the public know Little Mix as a group but unlike other acts like say the Spice Girls or 1D for example, a large percentage of the general public wouldn't know the name of an individual member.

There’s some truth in that. I feel like potentially money as well may play some part. All LM girls were talented but none of their solo releases so far has captured that it’s all been very beige and safe. Cheryl for example played the solo launch from a female group perfect (although in a different era).

I do feel like Jade may do slightly better as I think she’ll be more marketable and might be more of a popstar but we’ll see! I think Perrie is capable of far far more than this song though it’s not even that Ed wrote it it’s just not strong enough for a full on launch as the launch single is arguably the most vital one of if it’s going to work out.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 20th April 2024, 06:36 PM
Post #274
Group icon
Break the tension

I think for Cheryl, that's a key example of what I mean in that everyone knew who she was as she'd spent years building a media profile (and of course had the perfect launch pad with X-Factor), that's something none of the other members of GA had and probably why they struggled solo as they weren't widely recognisable names to the general public.

This post has been edited by Jessie Where: 20th April 2024, 06:37 PM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 20th April 2024, 06:56 PM
Post #275
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I really like the song for what it's worth. I guess it is a bit radio 2 but that doesn't bother me. Perrie doesn't come across as particularly cool anyway, relatable has been more her brand for some time now.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 21st April 2024, 12:19 AM
Post #276
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Scene @ Apr 20 2024, 02:39 PM) *
I think Perrie’s next release should be something more rocky as I feel like that’s her lane as a solo artist. FAU going to 10 is a good foundation for single 2 to do well but it’ll need to be a fantastic song. I honestly thought FAU would do better than it has, it sounds great in the sun!

I can’t remember what interview it was but she said she tried punk rock and it wasn’t fitting with the album so they didn’t include any of the songs.

Also, just to add I actually really enjoy this song and it is getting a lot of replays from me!

+Quote this post
Babyboy
post 21st April 2024, 07:27 AM
Post #277
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,611

A top ten is good enough for an ok song. The video is a bit cheap.

This post has been edited by Babyboy: 21st April 2024, 07:27 AM

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 21st April 2024, 03:13 PM
Post #278
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ 20th April 2024, 07:36 PM) *
I think for Cheryl, that's a key example of what I mean in that everyone knew who she was as she'd spent years building a media profile (and of course had the perfect launch pad with X-Factor), that's something none of the other members of GA had and probably why they struggled solo as they weren't widely recognisable names to the general public.

I agree with this too actually, Cheryl was by far the biggest “star” in the group in terms of fame and recognition, that combined with X Factor, her duet with Will I Am before and Girls Aloud also being at their commercial peak, meant she was unstoppable.

I think that is why Spice Girls all achieved solo success in different ways too, every one of them had a massive hit of their own and some of them achieved respectable album sales and chart positions. They were all individually huge names and were all in the eye of the storm when their first solo releases were released. Not all of them made the best choices song wise etc and then over-saturation killed them. Little Mix at least haven’t had the over-saturation but it also feels like nobody really cares much either.

This post has been edited by spiceboy: 21st April 2024, 03:14 PM

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 21st April 2024, 06:52 PM
Post #279
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

QUOTE(spiceboy @ 21st April 2024, 04:13 PM) *
I agree with this too actually, Cheryl was by far the biggest “star” in the group in terms of fame and recognition, that combined with X Factor, her duet with Will I Am before and Girls Aloud also being at their commercial peak, meant she was unstoppable.

I think that is why Spice Girls all achieved solo success in different ways too, every one of them had a massive hit of their own and some of them achieved respectable album sales and chart positions. They were all individually huge names and were all in the eye of the storm when their first solo releases were released. Not all of them made the best choices song wise etc and then over-saturation killed them. Little Mix at least haven’t had the over-saturation but it also feels like nobody really cares much either.

I do get that feeling too there is no major interest in any of their solo work it's very limited as I think they suffer from not everyone knowing each of their identities within the group.
On the bright side Perrie is 19 into days first look which isn't bad at all.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 21st April 2024, 07:22 PM
Post #280
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

19 in the mids, they really need to drop the rest of the physicals!

--

+Quote this post

17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 17th May 2024, 02:28 PM