BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
77 Pages V  « < 74 75 76 77 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Brexit II: This Time It's Irreversible, All the trade talks and future relationship bits
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post 1st March 2023, 12:00 PM
Post #1501
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Feb 28 2023, 10:41 PM) *
Sunak has been boasting that Northern Ireland has something no other country has - easy access to the UK market and the EU single market. Perhaps he would like to explain why the rest of the UK no longer has the same privilege.

Statements like that make me irrationally angry. It’s like can they even f***in hear themselves as they say this shit

And Scotland and London voted extremely more in favour of remain and get paid absolute dust but now we lose out to NI because of its special status and now I have to spend half my life going „when you say you send goods to the UK, *where* in the UK do you send them?“ and „are any of your customers based on Northern Ireland?“ and „you can pull all the post codes and if any start BT then you have Northern Irish customers and that’s an EU supply“ and more. It’s exhausting having to constantly explain
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
The Dong Contest
post 1st March 2023, 02:49 PM
Post #1502
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Apparently Blojob is STILL trying to wrangle his way back into powwr CONSTANTLY, but this latest Brexshit unravelling of his TERRIBLE "oven ready deal", whoch wasn't even a frozen half-eatwn drumstick, has torpeoded the beast for now.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 1st March 2023, 10:10 PM
Post #1503
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

QUOTE(Silas @ Mar 1 2023, 12:00 PM) *
Statements like that make me irrationally angry. It’s like can they even f***in hear themselves as they say this shit
And Scotland and London voted extremely more in favour of remain and get paid absolute dust but now we lose out to NI because of its special status and now I have to spend half my life going „when you say you send goods to the UK, *where* in the UK do you send them?“ and „are any of your customers based on Northern Ireland?“ and „you can pull all the post codes and if any start BT then you have Northern Irish customers and that’s an EU supply“ and more. It’s exhausting having to constantly explain

Send it to me mate I will forward it on cheaper!!

+Quote this post
Smint
post 2nd March 2023, 11:58 PM
Post #1504
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514

So Johnson finally crawls out from under his rock and bleats on about how this NI protocol deal isn't really "taking back control" without outright saying that he'll try to bring it down, creating a bit of a stink without landing a killer blow. Of course, Sunak would have most of Labour to support him and it's not looking like the right wing press are that bothered about this particular battle.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 3rd March 2023, 09:26 AM
Post #1505
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Smint @ Mar 2 2023, 11:58 PM) *
So Johnson finally crawls out from under his rock and bleats on about how this NI protocol deal isn't really "taking back control" without outright saying that he'll try to bring it down, creating a bit of a stink without landing a killer blow. Of course, Sunak would have most of Labour to support him and it's not looking like the right wing press are that bothered about this particular battle.

He's angling himself with the Brexiteers in the Party, probably know that's his best shot at getting the job back again.

The problem is, I suspect most people actually want closer relationships to the EU, as shock, they've realised how impractical Brexit is if they voted leave before #projectfear.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 18th March 2023, 08:14 PM
Post #1506
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Supermajority of Brits support mutual free movement with EU, including majority of Leave voters. https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/news/brexit/...nning-new-poll/

You couldn't bloody make it up. Great they knew what they voted for...

+Quote this post
The Dong Contest
post 18th March 2023, 08:16 PM
Post #1507
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

For f*** sake!!!!

Blojo and Nigel Fashage co were even bleating on about how a vote to leave was not a vote to lesve the single market!!! But once they got their grubby Etonian paws on a victory, it all came down to the hard brexshit that Reece Smogg and the rich turds wanted.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 18th March 2023, 11:36 PM
Post #1508
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Mar 18 2023, 08:14 PM) *
Supermajority of Brits support mutual free movement with EU, including majority of Leave voters. https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/news/brexit/...nning-new-poll/

You couldn't bloody make it up. Great they knew what they voted for...

Not surprised, particularly as the last year or so has seen a return to a lot of people going on holiday again post-covid. The extra travel aggrevation that comes with it likely annoyed a lot of those who originally voted for brexit.

It's a good sign that we could once again have a close realtionship with the EU and perhaps a Norway-style arrangement could be on the cards in future. Or at least a move towards something similar.

It won't happen under the current government, but hopefully rejoining the single market will be something labour will look very closely at as a way to boost the economy and help reduce inequality in the UK.

Also to mention we've had record-breaking net immigration since leaving the EU, so people realising freedom of movement isn't tied to immigration.

This post has been edited by Envoirment: 22nd March 2023, 02:53 PM

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 22nd March 2023, 11:06 AM
Post #1509
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

Hearing that Boris Johnson will be voting against tonight.

Hopefully when he's kicked out of Parliament in disgrace within the next few months he gets such a temper tantrum on that he takes the entire government down with him.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 22nd March 2023, 04:49 PM
Post #1510
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I really wish that charlatan was properly held to account. Because this is something that he personally negotiated and said was an excellent deal. Why do these words not haunt that man literally anywhere he goes

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 22nd March 2023, 05:00 PM
Post #1511
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Johnson threw a lot of MPs out of the party after they voted against his government. Will Sunak do the same? The only reason for hoping he doesn't is that (if the exile lasts) Johnson won't be able to stand as a Tory in Uxbridge and lose.

+Quote this post
Smint
post 22nd March 2023, 07:44 PM
Post #1512
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

So Johnson and bloody Truss' (as if one disgraced former PM who wrecked the country wasn't enough) voted against but not a significant rebellion. Tbh I would hope they do try and sabotage Sunak who showed how unpleasant he is by the Refugee Bill but is also showing some signs of turning around Tory decline.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 17th October 2023, 08:34 PM
Post #1513
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The government is proposing to abandon the EU definition of wine, meaning that something that is basically grape juice can be called wine rather than a wine-based drink. Apparently we are supposed to be grateful.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 27th December 2023, 09:16 PM
Post #1514
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The results of Jack Mogg's consultation on restoring imperial measurements have been announced. Despite Mogg's attempt to make it difficult to vote for the status quo, a whopping 98% of respondents said they were happy with things the way they are. All these decades of the Mail and Express saying people were furious at having to use metric measurements seems to have been a load of bollocks.

Still, the government has decided that wine can now be sold by the pint and are claiming it to be a massive benefit from leaving the EU. Why would wine producers waste money on making pint-sized bottles? The whole of the rest of the world (including even the USA) sells wine in 75cl bottles. How much would it cost to produce pint-sized wine bottles for the 23 people who would want to buy them?

+Quote this post
Smint
post 28th December 2023, 11:11 AM
Post #1515
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

It's all pathetic isn't it? I'm going to have to get my new passport tomorrow - and it's going to be a shitty black/blue one (mind you we could have had that colour if we really wanted to whilst we were in the EU, another complete lie). But it means waits for ages at airports where other EU members can seal through. But our Government and Opposition won't say the truth about how bad Brexit was all these years on.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 28th December 2023, 11:01 PM
Post #1516
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

Just get an Irish passport mate like me 😁

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 30th December 2023, 10:13 AM
Post #1517
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

You can’t just get an Irish passport though. I’m one generation too far out to be eligible and that could be the same for Smint too.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 30th December 2023, 12:13 PM
Post #1518
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

They are giving them out like paper planes these days.

I’m surprised no one has taken it to the courts to say that British citizens should be allowed to get both because people in NI are allowed to.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 30th December 2023, 12:19 PM
Post #1519
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 30 2023, 12:13 PM) *
They are giving them out like paper planes these days.

I’m surprised no one has taken it to the courts to say that British citizens should be allowed to get both because people in NI are allowed to.

Well they’re clearly not because I can’t get one.

+Quote this post
Smint
post 30th December 2023, 01:29 PM
Post #1520
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Don't you have to be born in Northern Ireland or have an Irish grandparent?

I've never actually been to either Northern Ireland or Ireland and no relatives so zilch chance for me.

+Quote this post

77 Pages V  « < 74 75 76 77 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 10th May 2024, 09:17 PM